Dinkle Sues CovCath???!!!!

scout

Scout is finding it very hard to find words to describe his outrage that will not bring down the wrath of the moderators. (Scout usually doesn't refer to himself in the third person, but for some reason it makes him feel a bit better while typing this.)

Scout is traveling this week and checked the Enquirer website to see how the Reds mid-day titanic struggle went. When he brought up the site and read the headline that Dinkle was sueing CovCath for not protecting him, Scout had to apologize to co-workers and bystanders for his uncontrollable outburst.

First, in the words of our President "LET ME BE CLEAR", what has happened to that young man has been terrible. It was heart wrenching to watch him battle a terrible cancer. It was inspiring to watch him beat it. It was heart wrenching to watch what his mother did to him, and everyone involved in her sick twisted actions, KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY. It was inspiring to watch the CovCath community rally around this young man's fight inspite of what his mother did.

That he is coming back and saying that school should have protected him from actions that were the predictable and direct results of KNOWING AND WILLFUL actions taken by his mother is beyond ridiculous. If anything, he should emanicipate himself and sue his parents for their irresponsiblity. THEY are the ones who brought this on this poor young man.

By comparison, Scout has a neighbor who has a son who attends CovCath, should the school protect this young man from students (teenage boys mind you) making fun of his dad because he dresses funny? No.

If anything the school should have put up giant posters with pictures of that CONVICTED SEXUAL PREDATOR, with a warning to stay away from her. That would have been a public service.

Scout is fortunate his is on the road, otherwise he might do something he would really regret. For now, Scout will just continue to pray for this young man and all the victims of that registered predator.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, if you would stop referring yourself in the third person, people may take what you say a little more seriously.

second, regardless of what his mother did, that does not give anyone the right to harass or whatever anyone! You said it was "predictable" reactions? If these did occur, and they were "predictable" known that they were going to happen, they should have been stopped!

Or course you don't provide a link and talk in the third person, for some odd reason, no one knows what this guy is saying that CCH failed to do.

First, if you would stop referring yourself in the third person, people may take what you say a little more seriously.

second, regardless of what his mother did, that does not give anyone the right to harass or whatever anyone! You said it was "predictable" reactions? If these did occur, and they were "predictable" known that they were going to happen, they should have been stopped!

Or course you don't provide a link and talk in the third person, for some odd reason, no one knows what this guy is saying that CCH failed to do.

1) Since I apologized up front for the third person jest, I did not think anyone would take that seriously. At least that was my hope. To you, kind sir, I offer my apology for my jest.

2) I referenced that I found this information on the Enquirer web site. I did not think a map would be necessary.

3) I do cede the point that harrasment is wrong and should not occur. From the my perspective, I do not believe any harrassment was widespread given the level of support offered to the young man during his trials.

4) This is not the bullying case from Mass, sorry no link provided so you'll have to Google it http://www.google.com. (Again I jest). This is a case where 600 boys knew what happened. There is no way the school could be expected to keep those boys from talking about it when it was all over the press and the courts AND the son and one of the VICTIMS were at the school.

5) The parents should have pulled that boy from the school. That is the only way to make that problem go away quietly. Is that fair to the boy? Bad news, life isn't fair. Just ask her VICTIM and his family.

6) After my intial post, it was brought to my attention that this suit was filed on the same day as CovCath's graduation. Recall this is an event that the predator was forbidden to attend last year due to the CONVICTION. She sued then to attend, but was denied. Scout, er I mean, I am not a conspiracy theorist, okay maybe just a little, but you do have to wonder about the coincidence of the timing of this action.

7) I do not come to BGP to be taken seriously, seriously. I came tongiht to rant against ALL the injustice that has taken place with this case. The latest is that an institution that tried to do the right thing is being sued when the people who make up the instituion, most of them anyway, did all they they could do to support the young man during his illness and recovery.

Mr. Beechwoodfan has this one nailed. "I don't understand why...."

By comparison, Scout has a neighbor who has a son who attends CovCath, should the school protect this young man from students (teenage boys mind you) making fun of his dad because he dresses funny? No.

r.

Lets not limit the reasons said young man catches crap about his dad to his dad's attire.:lol:

Without commenting as to the validity of the expectations of CCH by Alex , I will say that the classmate in question a)is not completely innocent and b)made a complete joke out of the situation. I witnessed the "Moms love me" shirt. The kid's mom did a whole lot of whining and crying in the paper about her son being a victim yet she allows him to go out wearing that shirt? Ridiculous , disappointing, and embarrassing performance by a mother.

My first inclination is to share Scout's general attitude towards this suit.

However, I think the attorney raises a valid point. The school has a responsibility to protect the student as best it can regardless of his mother's actions.

Did it? Don't know.

I was a student at Cov Cath during the times mentioned in the article, and the victim was not in the least bit shy about his encounters with Mrs. Dinkel until the law suits began to fly. Everyone knew the rumor, some believed, some didn't. The ones who were old enough to have lost the naivety towards the situation knew what was really going on. In my personal opinion the school faculty was very aware of what was rumored to be going on, but did not want to get involved with something that may or may not have been true and risk their reputation.

You've really got to feel for Alex in this one, but Mom is still the main blame here. What a jerk (like to use a more appropriate word) "The Classmate" is?? A stud athlete trying to pick a fight with a kid with cancer--Real class move!! This whole situation is very, very sad??

I was a student at Cov Cath during the times mentioned in the article, and the victim was not in the least bit shy about his encounters with Mrs. Dinkel until the law suits began to fly. Everyone knew the rumor, some believed, some didn't. The ones who were old enough to have lost the naivety towards the situation knew what was really going on. In my personal opinion the school faculty was very aware of what was rumored to be going on, but did not want to get involved with something that may or may not have been true and risk their reputation.

Or a lawsuit maybe??