Dinkle Sues CovCath???!!!!

scout

My son like Blue Magic was also in the cafeteria that day , and said about same thing. Dinkle was as much or more of the one who started it.

Also CovCath did everything possible to make his school life as normal as possible.

All one has to do is go back and read the emails from the Dinkle's . Almost every email was saying how great CovCath was in working with Alex

and helping them work thur a difficult time.

If Alex was so unhappy ,why did he want to setup a scholarship at CovCath in his name.

Alex and his parents are just out for the money, hurting the very people who stood by him.

The Dinkle's just need to go away, you are only hurting yourselves.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son like Blue Magic was also in the cafeteria that day , and said about same thing. Dinkle was as much or more of the one who started it.

Also CovCath did everything possible to make his school life as normal as possible.

All one has to do is go back and read the emails from the Dinkle's . Almost every email was saying how great CovCath was in working with Alex

If Alex was so unhappy ,why did he want to setup a scholarship at CovCath in his name.

Alex and his parents are just out for the money, hurting the very people who stood by him.

I agree with this 100%, esp the bolded parts.

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking. I would think the fact that he would want a scholarship named in his honor at the school would imply that he atleast liked the institution. I don't know why he would want future kids to attend the school that he had such a terrible experience at. Any Lawyers out there know what kind of payday the Dinkel's would be looking to get out of this?

Does CCH have a legal responsibility to protect a student from bullying? Does it have a legal obligation to remove graffiti about a student's mother from the bathroom stalls?

Is CCH legally negligent by not instructing teachers that a student with certain conditions must be awakened immediately should he fall asleep? To not wake him could be dangerous.

These are questions I do not have answer to as I'm not an attorney nor do I have access to case law. However, it seems like these examples are going to be instrumental.

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking. I would think the fact that he would want a scholarship named in his honor at the school would imply that he atleast liked the institution. I don't know why he would want future kids to attend the school that he had such a terrible experience at. Any Lawyers out there know what kind of payday the Dinkel's would be looking to get out of this?

I'm no lawyer, but I believe it's to the tune of $25 K

Oh my goodness. With no state funding, its gut wrenching to think that they might be shelling that out to someone so undeserving. Just think of what the school could do with $25,000. I mean shoot, that's a significant chunk of what a CCH teachers salary would be.

I'd be stunned if its only $25k. What's in it for the attorneys to get a $25k total reward?

No dollar figures are mentioned in the lawsuit.

I'd be stunned if its only $25k. What's in it for the attorneys to get a $25k total reward?

No dollar figures are mentioned in the lawsuit.

I based that on a Channel 5 "Substantially True" News report. I'd figure if that's near accurate, it's $25k plus attorneys fees, plus some free newspaper advertisement for the attorney. However, I'd guess that if there's no mention of a dollar amount in the suit, it's gonna be six figures to start with.

Everytime I think of this I get sicker to my stomache. How can a family who by all appearances (emails) were genuinely appreciative of all the a school had done for their son, so thankful that the approached the school about a scholarship in their sons name - - turn around and sue the school hoping to get a big payday?????? I am not normally a hateful person, but I can tell you that my feelings towards the family are defintely on the hate side now. As I said in my earlier post, even Eric Deters said that all parties should let this die - - so why would they not do that??? There has to be some motivating factor that has arisen now on the side of the family to do this now - I don't know. Amazing

It should be noted that the suit was filed almost a year to the day of his graduation.

To try to get money from the very people who stood by you for over two years is more than sinful.

They very well may get a payday, but they will be the biggest losers in the end.

CovCath is a family and like a family fight among ourselves, but to wrong one is to wrong all.

The Dinkle's are burning a lot of bridges.

It should be noted that the suit was filed almost a year to the day of his graduation.

To try to get money from the very people who stood by you for over two years is more than sinful.

They very well may get a payday, but they will be the biggest losers in the end.

CovCath is a family and like a family fight among ourselves, but to wrong one is to wrong all.

The Dinkle's are burning a lot of bridges.

:thumb: And I can only imagine how his classmates feel now, when someone who was a friend to them is now harming the school that they love so much.

:thumb: And I can only imagine how his classmates feel now, when someone who was a friend to them is now harming the school that they love so much.

Yes, my son read the paper last night and threw down.