Dinkle Sues CovCath???!!!!

scout

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would these allegations be proved?

I don't see how much of it can be proven. This will be a case that's heavily reliant on testimony, hearsay, and finger pointing. Additionally, I would assume that much of the case will also hinge on the testimony of 19 year olds - who were only 15, 16, and 17 years old at the time that most of this took place. I just can't see this being a very tight case.

You know I think I never agree with Eric Deters, but he was on the radio earlier today, and he said basically the same thing - let it die and go away! Let everyone get over it. I have always felt said for Alex and his did. First that Alex got sick, and for both for what happened with Jeni. IMP, while I was not at the school everyday, what I heard from parents, teachers, and students led me to feel that the school and the students went above and beyong for Alex. I recall the daily update emails and reading the thanks the family had for the school, how wonderful the school was and now the family, I mean Alex, is repaying his gratitude with a lawsuit? Now, I think I feel as much anger towards them as I always have towards the victim - not because he spoke, or was a victim. I do feel for him on that front. However, it has always seemed to me that the victim and his family have tried to profit from this whole thing. The T shirt thing was a classic example. When I saw him wearing that I was in complete shock. Why would he and his family want to keep this whole thing on the front pages? Now Alex is doing the same darn thing. Amazing, simply amazing.

Wow! when I first read this thread I figured he was going to be the one representing them!

The suit claims harassment, violations of the Rehabilitation Act, violations of KY Civil Rights Act, state and federal discrimination, violations of ADA, and negligence.

I'm no attorney so I don't know at what level something has to rise to be a legal issue. However, if any/much of the alleged actions are true CCH will not fare well in the public perception arena.

TOG - I tried sending you a reply to your PM - Rec'd the following:

Theoldguy has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

It's cleaned out now.... Sorry, I have got to get use to the new software!

One challenge for CCH is that Alex was not the only child to have severe illness that caused him to miss so much school. The fact that at least one other student went through a similar predicament and how CCH responded to that student vs Alex is going to be critical.

The suit claims harassment, violations of the Rehabilitation Act, violations of KY Civil Rights Act, state and federal discrimination, violations of ADA, and negligence.

I'm no attorney so I don't know at what level something has to rise to be a legal issue. However, if any/much of the alleged actions are true CCH will not fare well in the public perception arena.

I'd agree with you about the public perception, but I'd also have to think that they're just trying to throw in every single claim that they can possibly relate anything to in a hopes to make one or two of them stick. As testimonies are taken and and "evidence" is gathered, I think we'll see claims start dropping like flies.

One challenge for CCH is that Alex was not the only child to have severe illness that caused him to miss so much school. The fact that at least one other student went through a similar predicament and how CCH responded to that student vs Alex is going to be critical.

That could be interesting too. I'm guessing you're referring to Matty Klein. I've heard Matty and his family rave about how supportive Cov Cath was, and I have a hard time believing he was treated much differently than Alex. However, there's a little twist thrown in there - Matty's dad is a partner at the law firm that represents the Diocese of Covington & Cov Cath. How would the courts perceive the testimony of a family who benefits by legally representing the defendant in the case being heard?

I'd agree with you about the public perception, but I'd also have to think that they're just trying to throw in every single claim that they can possibly relate anything to in a hopes to make one or two of them stick. As testimonies are taken and and "evidence" is gathered, I think we'll see claims start dropping like flies.

Lets say that half of them "drop like flies." Is the other half enough? The allegations section has about 80 items.

That could be interesting too. I'm guessing you're referring to Matty Klein. I've heard Matty and his family rave about how supportive Cov Cath was, and I have a hard time believing he was treated much differently than Alex. However, there's a little twist thrown in there - Matty's dad is a partner at the law firm that represents the Diocese of Covington & Cov Cath. How would the courts perceive the testimony of a family who benefits by legally representing the defendant in the case being heard?

If that's the case, I doubt Mr. Klein would handle the case. Even if Matty were not called to testify how he was treated, I doubt Mr. Klein would be involved much, assuming he and/or Matty have some type of relationship with the Dinkel family.

If that's the case, I doubt Mr. Klein would handle the case. Even if Matty were not called to testify how he was treated, I doubt Mr. Klein would be involved much, assuming he and/or Matty have some type of relationship with the Dinkel family.

No, I'm sure Mr. Klein will be left out of the case. He's actually a health care attorney, and I don't think he's ever dealt directly with any trial work to be honest. I think there is just potential for an overall appearance of conflicting interests if Matty were called to testify or be deposed.