Holmes Casting Wide Net in Coaching Search

I have heard that Holmes is trying to lure as many qualified applicants for their basketball position as they can.

Contrary to what has been or may have been reported, Holmes is looking far and wide for their next coach.

They feel that the Bulldog coaching position is a top 10 job in the state and are hoping to attract in as many top coaching prospects as they can.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Holmes is trying to lure as many qualified applicants for their basketball position as they can.

Contrary to what has been or may have been reported, Holmes is looking far and wide for their next coach.

They feel that the Bulldog coaching position is a top 10 job in the state and are hoping to attract in as many top coaching prospects as they can.

Honest question Clyde. Do you think it's a top 10 job in the state? I know they have top talent. Is it a top 10 job though?

Honest question Clyde. Do you think it's a top 10 job in the state? I know they have top talent. Is it a top 10 job though?

How do we rate jobs? Ability to win state? Coach's pay? Tradition? Community support?

I'd certainly have Holmes in the discussion.

How do we rate jobs? Ability to win state? Coach's pay? Tradition? Community support?

I'd certainly have Holmes in the discussion.

I don't know how to rate it. I have told people that it seems to me it's a job you wouldn't want to do too long. I know they have talent it's just they have a lot of other things to deal with. I'm quite sure they'll get a lot of interested applicants.

I don't know how to rate it. I have told people that it seems to me it's a job you wouldn't want to do too long. I know they have talent it's just they have a lot of other things to deal with. I'm quite sure they'll get a lot of interested applicants.

There are plenty of examples around the country where coaches work in an inner city school with all of its plusses and minuses for quite a while. Its certainly not for everyone but , then again, neither is coaching at a rural school.

As a former Varsity head Coach at Holmes I will say that it was the BEST place to work that I have worked in my 16 years of education. The AD at Holmes is first class and works hard to help coaches. THe years spent coaching at Holmes were tough and you have to go above and beyond duty but now.... you must do that everywhere...kids at any school are not easy to coach. NEVER had a parent problem at Holmes...NEVER had a parent question playing time, strategy, or the program. I have coached in the Sweet 16 Final Four Thanks to Holmes and coached a Division I player... Holmes is a great place to work and you get the chance to coach athletes that are few and far between. Trust me...I did...

One of the requirements from the career builder posting:

Prior head coaching experience with demonstrated evidence of success.

As I have posted more than once, Holmes will hire a head coach with a track record of success. Nothing against Coach Wimzie at all but this is why I don't think he will be the next coach and it also is why I think Coach Sullivan likely will not be the coach.