Serious questions about Kentucky and Cornell

westsider

Guest Bluto
How many of Cornell's players could play for Kentucky?

How many of Kentucky's players could earn admission into Cornell?

How many Cornell players does it take to screw in a lightbulb.......?

Thats priceless.:laugh:

I agree but if they had a future NBA player like Patterson I think he could help out, really I think Patterson is a role model for the current system which requires players to wait one year after high school to go to the NBA. He's been a role model IMHO.

Aren't standards generally relaxed for student-athletes attempting to get in to an Ivy League school? Still well above the average student-athlete requirements but it is not as if you have to score a 1500 on your SAT. In high school, I looked at Pennsylvania for football, and the ACT/SAT requirements were lower than what a normal student would have to make.

I agree but if they had a future NBA player like Patterson I think he could help out, really I think Patterson is a role model for the current system which requires players to wait one year after high school to go to the NBA. He's been a role model IMHO.

I agree. He a role model on and off the floor. But Jon Wall doesn't get technicals or loose his head or run his mouth would also be a good role model. My point is that there are a few more than just PPat even though he is the best example.

I don't know if I understand the vein of the discussion at this point, but if I understand correctly, this is my response:

You won't see "one and done" players at a school like Cornell. First, it's not a school that's easy to get into, whether you're an athlete or not. I don't think Cornell would prioritize their basketball program over the admission standards in general, even if specific components are relaxed, like the SAT score. I still think that schools like Cornell are by their very nature, prone to attract/accept serious students who happen to play sports.

I think I read somewhere that 8 of the Cornell players are majoring in something like agriculture or something.

Of course, you have those ones that major in ecology, etc. But still, agriculture is a highly chosen "degree" for "student-athletes."

I know a guy who played football at Cornell, graduated and is now a cattle and tobacco farmer!!!