Home Beer Brewing

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't homebrewed in a while - the better part of a 2 1/2 years, in fact. Saw on Listermann Brewing Company's Facebook page where they are offering FREE beginners brewing classes this week and the week after. I think I'm going to go for a refresher on the process.

Tuesday October 23: 6:00pm-10:00pm Beginners Extract Brewing

Tuesday October 30: 6:00pm-10:00pm Beginners All-Grain Brewing

I haven't homebrewed in a while - the better part of a 2 1/2 years, in fact. Saw on Listermann Brewing Company's Facebook page where they are offering FREE beginners brewing classes this week and the week after. I think I'm going to go for a refresher on the process.

Tuesday October 23: 6:00pm-10:00pm Beginners Extract Brewing

Tuesday October 30: 6:00pm-10:00pm Beginners All-Grain Brewing

I went to the All-Grain class about 2 years ago. It was pretty sweet. The brewmaster from Rivertown Brewery taught the class. We made a nut brown ale and got some free samples. I think the cost is $20 and you get a $20 gift card to spend at Listermann's.

I went to a get together for the NKY homebrewers this summer and the all grain thing looks like chess compared to the checker world of extract brewing. I will eventually try it out but it won't be until I get out of my condo.

Its not as hard as it looks. The process is just a lot longer (more time to consume)...

I went to a get together for the NKY homebrewers this summer and the all grain thing looks like chess compared to the checker world of extract brewing. I will eventually try it out but it won't be until I get out of my condo.

I saw you and gabby on their website and was cracking up! You look like your prepping for a final.

• 2 months later...

I threw together a cider two weeks ago. Three gallons of apple juice, 7 containers of frozen apple juice concentrate, 2 pounds of dark brown sugar, then added water to bring it to about six gallons in the primary fermenter. I'm using Nottingham dry English ale yeast with it as well. I siphoned it into a secondary fermenter yesterday, and so far it tastes pretty good. I'm thinking about putting some cinnamon sticks and other stuff into half of it, then leave the other half a traditional cider.

I bottled a pumpkin ale last week, and cracked one open two days ago. It tasted better than I expected, but I think another couple weeks in the bottle will do it some good.