Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Cousins punch a South Carolina fan following the loss?

Featured Replies

With all the other ESPN Camera's there...you would think it would have shown up on one of those and that there would be more concrete evidence of it, and that it would have been made aware of right after it happened instead of a day later. I am a reporter and this story does not pass the smell test...sounds like some hack reporter and fan trying to make a quick 15-minutes....and if it turns out to be that way then UK should sue the pants off of this hack reporter for making up a defamatory story against Cousins and UK.

 

Also sounds fishy as most reporters with any common sense know that you don't get out on the floor when fans rush as the teams and coaches are usually rushed into the locker rooms so no one gets hurt and you get your comments during the press conferences that are held in the press room following the contests.

 

I keep waiting to see if this allegation even has any legs. So far I have not seen anything in the Kentucky or national media. Just a guy calling a radio show making an allegation. Of course, Deuce and a few others know that it has to be true. I mean noone would ever lie about such a thing would they? It has to be 100% accurate doesn't it? Even if something happened, we we should absolutely take everything this caller said as the gospel truth shouldn't we? :idunno:

  • Replies 312
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like he punched a chair... unless dude was already on the ground?

looks like he punched a chair... unless dude was already on the ground?

If you see him "punching a chair" I'd say there is some smoke to the allegation.

If you see him "punching a chair" I'd say there is some smoke to the allegation.

 

Agreed. I don't see anyone punching anything though. If someone can tell exactly what's going on in that video they have better eyes than me.

 

There has to be a way to stop people from jumping over the opposing teams bench to get on the court. I understand the excitement, but it shouldn't happen anywhere let alone right on top of the opposition.

 

Did anyone see Downey motioning for everyone to come on the floor w/ a few seconds left in the game? Or was he doing somehting else?

 

Did anyone see Downey motioning for everyone to come on the floor w/ a few seconds left in the game? Or was he doing somehting else?

I believe that is what he was doing.

Stay off the court. I heard the broadcast between the radio show host and the fan. He was laughing about it and said..."if we could beat then at Rupp, I'd gladly let Cousins punch me again". I think he ought to pay a fine for coming on the court. Both guys were jerks.

I have not seen anything that would make me believe this happened. I have been waiting for a UK vs. the World argument on BGP! I guess it takes loss to get the venom flowing! Non-issue in my opinion.

After watching the video again, I've been training my focus on the floor at midcourt.

 

However, if you focus in the upper right hand corner at the ESPN logo and look parallel from the logo to the very edge of the screen, at the 0:05 mark you can see the players trying to leave the floor and a UK player (presumably Cousins) appear to lose his balance and lunge forward. Is that where a punch was thrown?

 

I had to rewind and watch several times. Is it Kermit Washington decking Rudy Tomjanovich? No. But something obviously happened based on the sudden movement of the UK player.

 

WATCH THE FAR RIGHT AT THE 0:05 MARK

 

I don't know about a punch but I've got a better explanation why the line of blue clad players buckles and players stop and one staggers forward as you described. It's a mass of humanity that is greater than the line of players going in opposite directions. The cause for the stumble, if I'm seeing correctly the area you pointed out, has as much to do with the hordes of monguls pressing onto the court at the same time the Cats are trying to go the opposite way to the dressing rooms.

 

I had a UNC grad email me yesterday after i told him about this "story" :rolleyes: and he had an interesting solution.

 

He said all this court storming should be handled the same way Mike Curtis handled the fan in the early 70's who came onto the football field and took the ball as a prank. Curtis knocked him on his keester and you don't see that many fans run out and get the ball in the last 35 years since then. :lol:

I have not seen anything that would make me believe this happened. I have been waiting for a UK vs. the World argument on BGP! I guess it takes loss to get the venom flowing! Non-issue in my opinion.

 

But we have to believe it, ... someone said it and people don't lie do they?

 

Several people say they saw it, and the man that got punched called a radio station... What else do you want?

Scribes clip is very telling. Although I think Demarcus will get off the hook because it is going to be very hard to make any of that stick if that's the only tape. But something went on there. I tried to tell people in the UK/UL thread this kid needs a benching to try to defuse his attitude/emotions. But nobody wanted to hear that. At some point this kid has to learn.

With all the other ESPN Camera's there...you would think it would have shown up on one of those and that there would be more concrete evidence of it, and that it would have been made aware of right after it happened instead of a day later. I am a reporter and this story does not pass the smell test...sounds like some hack reporter and fan trying to make a quick 15-minutes....and if it turns out to be that way then UK should sue the pants off of this hack reporter for making up a defamatory story against Cousins and UK.

 

Also sounds fishy as most reporters with any common sense know that you don't get out on the floor when fans rush as the teams and coaches are usually rushed into the locker rooms so no one gets hurt and you get your comments during the press conferences that are held in the press room following the contests.

 

Not to mention the thousands of cell phone cameras that were there. I don't buy it.

Scribes clip is very telling. Although I think Demarcus will get off the hook because it is going to be very hard to make any of that stick if that's the only tape. But something went on there. I tried to tell people in the UK/UL thread this kid needs a benching to try to defuse his attitude/emotions. But nobody wanted to hear that. At some point this kid has to learn.

 

Really? What does it tell?

Scribes clip is very telling. Although I think Demarcus will get off the hook because it is going to be very hard to make any of that stick if that's the only tape. But something went on there. I tried to tell people in the UK/UL thread this kid needs a benching to try to defuse his attitude/emotions. But nobody wanted to hear that. At some point this kid has to learn.

I have no idea what I am even looking at in that video. That is about as telling as the Big Foot video.

Scribes clip is very telling. Although I think Demarcus will get off the hook because it is going to be very hard to make any of that stick if that's the only tape. But something went on there. I tried to tell people in the UK/UL thread this kid needs a benching to try to defuse his attitude/emotions. But nobody wanted to hear that. At some point this kid has to learn.

 

Really? What does it tell?

 

 

I agree with OR. What exactly are you able to tell from the video. If you are able to make something out from that video then you have a special talent.

Here you go. I don't see how anyone can disagree with Deuce after watching this video. What was Cousins thinking? :scared::sssh:

 

 

 

Let me ask a serious question here because after watching the clip it sounds like most of the comments are sarcastic concerning this video. I have watched that clip numerous times and I can not see any altercation. And I do agree it looks like Patterson and not Cousins in the middle of the video with the coach in the brown suit. Where is the Cousins "altercation"? Can someone point out specifically where the alleged incident happens in that video?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.