Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Cousins punch a South Carolina fan following the loss?

Featured Replies

How do you know?

 

Doesn't matter. How do you know he did?

  • Replies 312
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't matter. How do you know he did?

 

 

That's what I thought. You don't know for sure. I don't, and never said otherwise.

If he did it, I think a one game suspension is plenty. You have to realize the situation. The fan broke the rule by running on the court. That rule is in place so instances like this don't happen. On top of that, he ran into a guy on the opposing team. Sorry, but if I get blindsided in a giant crowd of crazies, I'm swinging.

 

Brother, I don't know what happened, but if you get hit, and throw a little shiver....that's fine. You don't throw an uppercut after it. More than 1 game should be the minimum, IFF it is proven.

Fans are not allowed on the playing court. If there was an altercation, the South Carolina security/event staff is to blame for not surrounding the court to keep these fans from rushing the court. Sure, 2,000 people rushing the court is hard to stop, but you have the #1 team in the country coming into your gym, surely you hire extra staff.

 

Also, it is blatantly obvious that the UK player in that video is Patterson.

Fans are not allowed on the playing court. If there was an altercation, the South Carolina security/event staff is to blame for not surrounding the court to keep these fans from rushing the court. Sure, 2,000 people rushing the court is hard to stop, but you have the #1 team in the country coming into your gym, surely you hire extra staff.

 

Also, it is blatantly obvious that the UK player in that video is Patterson.

 

Hold on a second. Like I said, I will hold judgment until we know for sure. But, IFF he did indeed do it, make no mistake, it is Cousins' fault.

Hold on a second. Like I said, I will hold judgment until we know for sure. But, IFF he did indeed do it, make no mistake, it is Cousins' fault.

 

 

:thumb::thumb: How many times have fans stormed the court in the past? I can't ever recall a player punching a fan in the hundreds of times it has happened.

He obviously didn't punch him hard enough if the kid is on the radio talking about it today. :lol:

 

I watched the video and I'm not sold on it.

 

What video do I need to watch to see the punch? I haven't found it yet.

He obviously didn't punch him hard enough if the kid is on the radio talking about it today. :lol:

 

I watched the video and I'm not sold on it.

To quote the Jersey shore:

 

"one punch bro, one punch"

 

I have tried to be detached from this...but honestly it is getting quite comical. UNTIL I see some kind of actual evidence or a credible source comes through, it just seems like one fan knows Cousins reputation and is after him and a reporter in need of a story just HAPPENS to be around.

The video above is Patterson...

Who knows...wild situations when fans come charging onto courts and fields.

After watching the video again, I've been training my focus on the floor at midcourt.

 

However, if you focus in the upper right hand corner at the ESPN logo and look parallel from the logo to the very edge of the screen, at the 0:05 mark you can see the players trying to leave the floor and a UK player (presumably Cousins) appear to lose his balance and lunge forward. Is that where a punch was thrown?

 

I had to rewind and watch several times. Is it Kermit Washington decking Rudy Tomjanovich? No. But something obviously happened based on the sudden movement of the UK player.

 

WATCH THE FAR RIGHT AT THE 0:05 MARK

After watching the video again, I've been training my focus on the floor at midcourt.

 

However, if you focus in the upper right hand corner at the ESPN logo and look parallel from the logo to the very edge of the screen, at the 0:05 mark you can see the players trying to leave the floor and a UK player (presumably Cousins) appear to lose his balance and lunge forward. Is that where a punch was thrown?

 

I had to rewind and watch several times. Is it Kermit Washington decking Rudy Tomjanovich? No. But something obviously happened based on the sudden movement of the UK player.

 

WATCH THE FAR RIGHT AT THE 0:05 MARK

 

Yikes.... The fans are also jumping right over the UK players bench.

Here are some things I haven't seen in this thread yet...

 

 

and have you seen me say on this that Cousins SHOULDN'T be suspended? I said Cal should handle it and i'll support it? How is that different?

With all the other ESPN Camera's there...you would think it would have shown up on one of those and that there would be more concrete evidence of it, and that it would have been made aware of right after it happened instead of a day later. I am a reporter and this story does not pass the smell test...sounds like some hack reporter and fan trying to make a quick 15-minutes....and if it turns out to be that way then UK should sue the pants off of this hack reporter for making up a defamatory story against Cousins and UK.

 

Also sounds fishy as most reporters with any common sense know that you don't get out on the floor when fans rush as the teams and coaches are usually rushed into the locker rooms so no one gets hurt and you get your comments during the press conferences that are held in the press room following the contests.

I still dont see it...cardinalsvoice with all the camera's they should have a better shot and the issue would have been brought to light already.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.