Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Cousins punch a South Carolina fan following the loss?

Featured Replies

Did anyone see Downey motioning for everyone to come on the floor w/ a few seconds left in the game? Or was he doing somehting else?

 

I believe that is what he was doing.

 

That is exactly what he was doing.

  • Replies 312
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Really? What does it tell?

 

You can tell there is a brief ruckus, but it's impossible to draw any conclusions from it. You can't tell someone bumps him and he reacts. That's about it.

 

I'd say something probably did happen. Why in the word would the kid make it up, and you can see on that video that something did occurr. However it was very brief. This leads me to believe that the kid exaggerated the story a little. He probably did bump into Cousins, Cousins probably "bumped" him back. He was upset, trying to get to the locker room.

 

The bottom line to me is this, the kid did not report it to the police, so he must of not really cared. He is joking about it in the interview. Nothing needs to be done unless something else surfaces.

 

I'm not defending the actions either way. I think Cousins is a loose-cannon who seldoms goes an entire game without some sort of pouting episode, and I think storming the court is stupid (especially when you have won 3 straight against the team).

Way to go Big Cuz!!!!

  • Author
Let me ask a serious question here because after watching the clip it sounds like most of the comments are sarcastic concerning this video. I have watched that clip numerous times and I can not see any altercation. And I do agree it looks like Patterson and not Cousins in the middle of the video with the coach in the brown suit. Where is the Cousins "altercation"? Can someone point out specifically where the alleged incident happens in that video?

 

You have to look at the upper right hand side at the 5 second mark, you can see Cousins get bumped and he reacts. It happens so fast that it honestly can't be much of anything. But you can see something. It took me 4 or 5 times to see it. He is front of a guy in blue and behind a white shirt. The "bump/punch" is actually at the 6 second clip across from the ESPN logo that is beside the screen. Like I said, don't blink you'll miss it.

 

Of course, I was never good at Where's Waldo...

You can tell there is a brief ruckus, but it's impossible to draw any conclusions from it. You can't tell someone bumps him and he reacts. That's about it.

 

I'd say something probably did happen. Why in the word would the kid make it up, and you can see on that video that something did occurr. However it was very brief. This leads me to believe that the kid exaggerated the story a little. He probably did bump into Cousins, Cousins probably "bumped" him back. He was upset, trying to get to the locker room.

 

The bottom line to me is this, the kid did not report it to the police, so he must of not really cared. He is joking about it in the interview. Nothing needs to be done unless something else surfaces.

 

I'm not defending the actions either way. I think Cousins is a loose-cannon who seldoms goes an entire game without some sort of pouting episode, and I think storming the court is stupid (especially when you have won 3 straight against the team).

 

Really?

  • Author
Really?

 

Yeah really...:idunno:

 

Since you're convinced it's fabricated. Why did he and TV sports anchor make up the story? Exaggerated, probably. Made up, doubtful.

You have to look at the upper right hand side at the 5 second mark, you can see Cousins get bumped and he reacts. It happens so fast that it honestly can't be much of anything. But you can see something. It took me 4 or 5 times to see it. He is front of a guy in blue and behind a white shirt. The "bump/punch" is actually at the 6 second clip across from the ESPN logo that is beside the screen. Like I said, don't blink you'll miss it.

 

Of course, I was never good at Where's Waldo...

 

OK, I give up. Someone call Jack Bauer at CTU and get that video enhanced or let's move on. A guy rushes the court with his head down, on the way bumps into a basketball player and the basketball player shoves him away. Who would ever expect that to happen?

  • Author
OK, I give up. Someone call Jack Bauer at CTU and get that video enhanced or let's move on. A guy rushes the court with his head down, on the way bumps into a basketball player and the basketball player shoves him away. Who would ever expect that to happen?

 

From what I can see in the video, I'd have to agree with you. Time to move on.

Edited by LCPATS

Yep and Deuce has lost all respect for anyone supporting Boogie :lol:

 

First, credibility...now respect...what's next? :popcorn:

I guess the knee to his head from the UL player before the elbow was OK wasn't it? :ohbrother:

 

If you don't respect my opinion, so be it. No skin off of my back.

 

Exactly. :thumb:

How so? Is there anything in the current NBA that says people who have a short fuse are worse than some of the more seedier stars have endured? At the end of the day, do you think a team is not going to draft a kid because he's lost his temper on a court of crazy fans from another team?

 

I don't know enough to even speculate on a suspension or not but to think it effects his draft status is probably a reach. :idunno:

 

Agreed. He'll be a top 5 pick.

Let me ask a serious question here because after watching the clip it sounds like most of the comments are sarcastic concerning this video. I have watched that clip numerous times and I can not see any altercation. And I do agree it looks like Patterson and not Cousins in the middle of the video with the coach in the brown suit. Where is the Cousins "altercation"? Can someone point out specifically where the alleged incident happens in that video?

 

 

I can't make out anything from the video. I guess I'm just too old, and my eyes are too bad.

OK, I give up. Someone call Jack Bauer at CTU and get that video enhanced or let's move on. A guy rushes the court with his head down, on the way bumps into a basketball player and the basketball player shoves him away. Who would ever expect that to happen?

 

I checked. Someone has deleted 30 seconds of satellite footage...I think it was Tony. Darrin Horn has his wife.

I agree with OR. What exactly are you able to tell from the video. If you are able to make something out from that video then you have a special talent.

 

Now that you mention it my eye doctor told me I do see 10x better than the average person (not a joke). But if you look in the top right corner and pause it at the 6 second mark you can clearly see him lunge and his right arm is moving forward. Pause it slowly between 5 and 6 seconds. Top right hand corner to the right of the ESPN logo. Cousins has a guy in a black suit to his right on his right hip and a player I presume behind him in a royal blue warm up jacket.

 

The confusion as to why nobody is seeing it is becaue they don't know what there looking for.

Scribes clip is very telling. Although I think Demarcus will get off the hook because it is going to be very hard to make any of that stick if that's the only tape. But something went on there. I tried to tell people in the UK/UL thread this kid needs a benching to try to defuse his attitude/emotions. But nobody wanted to hear that. At some point this kid has to learn.

 

Cousins has kept his emotions/attitude in check over the last 3 weeks at worst. Other than the elbow in the U of L game, he's done nothing. I think Cal and the UK coaches have done a good job of working with him in that regard...and it didn't require a "benching".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.