Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Cousins punch a South Carolina fan following the loss?

Featured Replies

I am betting that Cousins wasn't the only one that was bumped. Does that give everyone the right to punch somebody if they get bumped into or just the ones with the short fuses?

 

I just don't think that you can punch anyone that bumps into you, but I guess thats just me...

 

 

 

There is still no proof that he punched anyone.

  • Replies 312
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

If true, it was wrong. No question about it. I think the problem, as of now, is knowing for sure if it is true. As of now I still consider it a rumor. Innocent until proven guilty...

There is still no proof that he punched anyone.

 

I would understand it if he pushed people out of the way to make room to get to the locker room. That would be fine and I don't think that this would be talked about, but the argument of its ok if he clenched his fist and punched a kid because he bumped into Cousins doesn't make sense to me.

Guy might have deserved it, who knows what was said?

Either way wouldn't people have noticed it? Like more than one witness and the guy who was punched should have seen it right? This is a big dude we're talking about. He should be noticed.

 

Yes. I agree. If cousins threw multiple punches at someone, there would be some type of noticeable reaction. At least noticeable that it would be a much bigger story than one local radio station and an obscure blog.

There is still no proof that he punched anyone.

 

:thumb:

 

So far there is NOTHING that makes me think there was ANY incident involving Demarcus.

I would understand it if he pushed people out of the way to make room to get to the locker room. That would be fine and I don't think that this would be talked about, but the argument of its ok if he clenched his fist and punched a kid because he bumped into Cousins doesn't make sense to me.

 

 

Nor should it, and I don't understand why anyone would defend such an act.

This is a sad thing to see. I understand playing with emotion, but this is out of hand.

This is a sad thing to see. I understand playing with emotion, but this is out of hand.

 

 

What exactly did you see?

Matt Jones take on the situation.

 

 

to the Bluegrass state, the world was abuzz. Emails, twitter messages, facebook comments, etc all asking the same question. So what happened with Demarcus Cousins and a South Carolina fan? In case you too missed the excitment of the day, the story boils down to this. A South Carolina student named “Steven” (I love how he refuses to give his last name) told a local South Carolina radio show that Cousins hit him with a “chicken wing” and a “cold cock” after the game last night, as he was storming the court. (You can hear his phone call here. Stephen of course said he did nothing to provoke it, and his story was apparently “verified” by a South Carolina tv reporter, who said he saw the whole thing. The allegations came out today, and the internet was set afire. (a more complete view of the story from the South Carolina side can be read here)

After hearing the story, I started making calls on the UK end and found that no verification could be made. Everyone I spoke with didnt see anything, and Cousins’ placement on the court (far away from the bench and dressing room), made it impossible to tell what happened when the masses swarmed. Then, I was made aware of this ESPN video, which shows the so-called “incident.” Originally I (and others) believed that it was Cousins walking on the top left of the video…but some readers in the comments section suggested (and I think correctly) that it is Patterson. So it might not tell us very much either.

 

 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/

So...to keep me from having to read almost 200 posts, we dont' really know anything right?

So...to keep me from having to read almost 200 posts, we dont' really know anything right?

 

We know he didn't punch anyone. Atleast I do, and I am trying to tell people this. Some just want to hold on to the fact that they want Cousins to be a punk and a thug because he is such a fantastic basketball player. NOTHING HAPPENED PEOPLE!!!

So...to keep me from having to read almost 200 posts, we dont' really know anything right?

 

 

Pretty much

We know he didn't punch anyone. Atleast I do, and I am trying to tell people this. Some just want to hold on to the fact that they want Cousins to be a punk and a thug because he is such a fantastic basketball player. NOTHING HAPPENED PEOPLE!!!

 

 

How do you know?

Pretty much

 

Thanks, I had a long drive from Stillwater, OK to Memphis, TN and I'm trying to catch up on my BGP. This thread would cost me about 2 hours alone lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.