January 28, 201016 yr My point exactly. This wasn't an opposing player. This was a guy who shouldn't have been on the court. After what happened to that umpire I'd guess if a guy ran onto the field and in the general direction of a player and was hit w/ a "chicken wing" and two upper cuts the fan would be arrested. IF this happened then the difference would be that rushing the court isn't against the law, but battery is.
January 28, 201016 yr Honest question, if this kid had run into Cousins and he had thrown two punches, as is alleged, wouldn't there have ensued a massive fight? There were hundreds of USC students in the immediate vicinity, wouldn't at least a few of them jumped into the fray if punches were thrown? And then wouldn't that have snowballed? Great question. I have some too. The assistant coach clearly is grabbing what appears to be the last player leaving the court after the loss right? If that was Cousins it would be hard to say that player was throwing punches. So lets assume it was Patterson. If Cousins was behind him wouldn't the coach have grabbed Cousins instead of Patterson knowing his reputation? If he was in front of Patterson wouldn't someone have seen it? Anyone? Also like you said wouldn't some other students have at least seen it? Where was the outrage? Why were the cops not told?
January 28, 201016 yr IF this happened then the difference would be that rushing the court isn't against the law, but battery is. Speeding is too, but it has to be proven right?
January 28, 201016 yr I see what you are saying, but personally I want NO PART of Cousins. That dude is a Beast. Me either, 1 on 1, especially at my ripe old age. But I can tell you when I was 20, in a mob situation like that and one of "ours" gets into an overmatched scuffle, there would be a mele.
January 28, 201016 yr Speeding is too, but it has to be proven right? huh? The point is even if the kid was not suppossed to be on the court, he didn't break the law. Whereas IF/When Cousins punched the kid he broke the law, so I really don't understand why so many people are taking Cousins side and saying the kid deserved. If an LSU player had punched a UK student back in 2007 would folks be defending the LSU player?
January 28, 201016 yr Honest question, if this kid had run into Cousins and he had thrown two punches, as is alleged, wouldn't there have ensued a massive fight? There were hundreds of USC students in the immediate vicinity, wouldn't at least a few of them jumped into the fray if punches were thrown? And then wouldn't that have snowballed? Absolutely not. You think some 5'10" 158lb philosophy major wants to try his luck against Cousins? I think it would be more of a giant clearing effect. Everybody scrambling to get away.
January 28, 201016 yr Me either, 1 on 1, especially at my ripe old age. But I can tell you when I was 20, in a mob situation like that and one of "ours" gets into an overmatched scuffle, there would be a mele. Weren't you too busy drowning cats at that age? :lol::lol:
January 28, 201016 yr Weren't you too busy drowning cats at that age? :lol::lol: Cat drowning ended when I was about 16 or so. :isurrender:
January 28, 201016 yr Absolutely not. You think some 5'10" 158lb philosophy major wants to try his luck against Cousins? I think it would be more of a giant clearing effect. Everybody scrambling to get away. Again not 1 on 1. In my experience, in an emotionally charged situation like that it only takes one punch and then everybody jumps in. Maybe times have changed and kids are smarter these days.
January 28, 201016 yr Again not 1 on 1. In my experience, in an emotionally charged situation like that it only takes one punch and then everybody jumps in. Maybe times have changed and kids are smarter these days. Folks, he will be here all week.
January 28, 201016 yr huh? The point is even if the kid was not suppossed to be on the court, he didn't break the law. Whereas IF/When Cousins punched the kid he broke the law, so I really don't understand why so many people are taking Cousins side and saying the kid deserved. If an LSU player had punched a UK student back in 2007 would folks be defending the LSU player? First off people are defending him b/c 2 or 3 people in the entire arena "saw" a punch. One of those is a radio announcer who broke the story on his radio show. Did Cousins actually break the law if the kid ran into him first? Couldn't he claim he was defending himself? I personally would defend the player. IMO if you run onto the playing surface you are playing w/ fire. There have been far too many incidents where players or umpires were targeted on some sort of playing field. It should be federal law that you can't run onto any sporting surface for college or professional sports of any kind.
January 28, 201016 yr Absolutely not. You think some 5'10" 158lb philosophy major wants to try his luck against Cousins? I think it would be more of a giant clearing effect. Everybody scrambling to get away. Either way wouldn't people have noticed it? Like more than one witness and the guy who was punched should have seen it right? This is a big dude we're talking about. He should be noticed.
January 28, 201016 yr Again not 1 on 1. In my experience, in an emotionally charged situation like that it only takes one punch and then everybody jumps in. Maybe times have changed and kids are smarter these days. How many times in your experience was the other guy the size of Cousins? I'll help my buddy in a fight, but in this case I think I would need my other buddies Smith and Wesson to be present as well.
January 28, 201016 yr How many times in your experience was the other guy the size of Cousins? I'll help my buddy in a fight, but in this case I think I would need my other buddies Smith and Wesson to be present as well. You've got thousands of other students on your side. I'd take my chances. :lol:
January 28, 201016 yr First off people are defending him b/c 2 or 3 people in the entire arena "saw" a punch. One of those is a radio announcer who broke the story on his radio show. Did Cousins actually break the law if the kid ran into him first? Couldn't he claim he was defending himself? I personally would defend the player. IMO if you run onto the playing surface you are playing w/ fire. There have been far too many incidents where players or umpires were targeted on some sort of playing field. It should be federal law that you can't run onto any sporting surface for college or professional sports of any kind. I am betting that Cousins wasn't the only one that was bumped. Does that give everyone the right to punch somebody if they get bumped into or just the ones with the short fuses? I just don't think that you can punch anyone that bumps into you, but I guess thats just me...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.