Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Cousins punch a South Carolina fan following the loss?

Featured Replies

Cousins may not even know about the report.

 

In today's connected world there is only 0.0000001% chance that he hasn't heard about it.

  • Replies 312
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure most UK fans will look at the tape and say "well you can't prove, well it isn't clear, well I don't know.'' How many players are on UK's team? They were all bum rushed by fans too, how many others acted in any defensive way? Demarcus can sue him at any point in time for defamation/slander for hurting his draft stock. I didn't want to believe any of it either until Scribe put that clip up.

 

You make a good point. It seems if this is made up then Cousins/UK would pursue legal action for slander.

 

:lol: Because that would be SUCH a productive suit. What is Demarcus going to get from the kid, his beer money?

 

You think Demarcus is going to waste his time and money pursuing a libel suit in South Carolina against a kid who more than likely has no money? And all of it over a story that hasn't even made the local news?

 

Solid reasoning guys, keep it up.

In today's connected world there is only 0.0000001% chance that he hasn't heard about it.

 

Those are some big odds.:D

:lol: Because that would be SUCH a productive suit. What is Demarcus going to get from the kid, his beer money?

 

You think Demarcus is going to waste his time and money pursuing a libel suit in South Carolina against a kid who more than likely has no money? And all of it over a story that hasn't even made the local news?

 

Solid reasoning guys, keep it up.

 

I guessing it would be to clear his name.

I guessing it would be to clear his name.

 

Wouldn't that just draw even more attention, and thus negative publicity, to the situation? As of now, the issue isn't a large or well known one. I'd assume it would be better for Cousins to just let it go for now, unless things get really out of hand.

I guessing it would be to clear his name.

 

From a story that NOBODY is reporting? Seriously? You guys have way too much time and money on your hands if you would seriously considering pursuing suing somebody over this.

I am saying this without reading this entire thread so I may be repeating something already said.

 

Even if this did happen, players don't belong in the stands and fans don't belong on the floor. Not saying it's ok to just punch someone, but that's the risk you take. If someone was (probably drunk) jumping in my face, I would get them away....

 

I watched the video...if someone can tell by that video that he is puncing a person, then you have a nice career ahead of you. People will look for anything to bash this team, and him in particular. I also find is hard to believe that there aren't more than a hand full of people that saw this if it did happen. I will say it again IF he did hit someone, stay off the dang court.

Scribes clip is very telling. Although I think Demarcus will get off the hook because it is going to be very hard to make any of that stick if that's the only tape. But something went on there. I tried to tell people in the UK/UL thread this kid needs a benching to try to defuse his attitude/emotions. But nobody wanted to hear that. At some point this kid has to learn.

 

I have it DVR'ed on a High Def TV. It was not a punch.

My doctor discovered that I have 30% better vision than most other humans, he said my vision is the best that he had ever come across and has asked me to donate my eyes upon death. I took a look at the video using my superior vision and discovered no wrong doing by Cousins. It was all quite clear for me with my superior sight.

  • Author
Jerry Tipton's Article:

 

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/1115947.htm

 

 

Hopefully this ends the discussion, unless some people want to retract their statements about Cousins.

 

From the article (link didn't work):

 

"Maybe I'm a slack journalist on this," Shields said. "But I don't believe it's a punishable offense."

 

When asked about Cousins' actions, Shields said, "If he wanted to, he could have destroyed (Steven). They were not haymakers. They were little blows. ... I call them punches. They were little jabs: tap-tap."

From the article (link didn't work):

 

"Maybe I'm a slack journalist on this," Shields said. "But I don't believe it's a punishable offense."

 

When asked about Cousins' actions, Shields said, "If he wanted to, he could have destroyed (Steven). They were not haymakers. They were little blows. ... I call them punches. They were little jabs: tap-tap."

 

Hmmm, try this one: :idunno:

 

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/1115947.html

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.