Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LA Evacuee is Ruled Ineligible to Play for Holy Cross

Featured Replies

FYI - the KHSAA reversed their ruling and the young man is now eligible and played in 2 plays this past Friday.

 

At least they got it right FINALLY, albiet a little late; and I'm sure after putting the kid through additional grief that he certainly didn't need. Shame on them--They need to keep the political agendas out of their rulings!!

  • Replies 114
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI - the KHSAA reversed their ruling and the young man is now eligible and played in 2 plays this past Friday.

As I understand it from checking, there was NO REVERSAL. There was no ruling until the ruling of eligibility last week. HC was simply ask to provide some additional documentation. 99% of what has been in this thread has been conjecture and guessing that occurred prior to the ruling.

At least they got it right FINALLY, albiet a little late; and I'm sure after putting the kid through additional grief that he certainly didn't need. Shame on them--They need to keep the political agendas out of their rulings!!

Politics? Get your facts correct before putting out this kind of information. They make a good deal of mistakes, but in this case, your information is just unsupported and incorrect.

Politics? Get your facts correct before putting out this kind of information. They make a good deal of mistakes, but in this case, your information is just unsupported and incorrect.

 

My facts are fine!! In your haste to defend the KHSAA, you may want to actually read my post?? I said "keep THE political agendas", not THEIR!! Please don't tell me that 24 other similar cases are immediately ruled OK to play, but this one drags out for a couple weeks; and somebody's not playing to somebody??

My facts are fine!! In your haste to defend the KHSAA, you may want to actually read my post?? I said "keep THE political agendas", not THEIR!! Please don't tell me that 24 other similar cases are immediately ruled OK to play, but this one drags out for a couple weeks; and somebody's not playing to somebody??

:thumb: :thumb:

As I understand it from checking, there was NO REVERSAL. There was no ruling until the ruling of eligibility last week. HC was simply ask to provide some additional documentation. 99% of what has been in this thread has been conjecture and guessing that occurred prior to the ruling.

Actually in either the weekend Post or Enquirer the paper stated that the player was originaly ruled inelgible and later the ruling was over turned.

I would agree that the KHSAA in its boundless wisdom made another botched ruling. I would say that if an error is going to be made err on the side of the kid.

 

Let him play.

Outstanding post! :thumb:

 

I agree 100%

 

I also agree with RockMom and SportsGuy in this thread... :eek:

 

 

 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go bang my head on the wall...

Outstanding post! :thumb:

 

I agree 100%

 

I also agree with RockMom and SportsGuy in this thread... :eek:

 

 

 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go bang my head on the wall...

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

I also agree with RockMom and SportsGuy in this thread... :eek:

 

Come to the light, the light is good.

Come to the light, the light is good.

 

 

Also, FastBreak, SG and I are well acquainted with the headaches incuced from banging one's head against the wall. We're well stocked with headache remedies! :D

I can't believe everyone's complaining just because the coin landed on the "Tails" side.

I can't believe everyone's complaining just because the coin landed on the "Tails" side.
Technically, “everyone” is not complaining…

 

The majority of KHSAA member schools are public. The majority of KHSAA board of control members represent public schools. It is very clear that this decision protects those obvious interests. No complaining, just the facts.

 

The irony here is that this kid at Holy Cross would not represent a significant shift in power. A ruling of "eligibility" would have represented a substantial public relations boost for the KHSAA without radically threatening the outcome of games with public schools on the Holy Cross schedule. Holy Cross has four games remaining, and IMO, the KHSAA muffed a golden opportunity to come across as being “fair and balanced.”

 

I am on record as firmly believing that our schools and their programs exist primarily as a means of benefiting our kids. Number one through education, but also, through athletics and other extra-curricular activities. It is becoming increasingly evident that these decisions are being made to benefit the adults who have chosen to make a career of education or in sports more so than for the kids they are responsible for developing.

 

If this kid played a tuba, or had a gift for astronomy, I doubt seriously anyone would have given a second thought about him marching in the school band or competing in the science fair.

 

No complaining, I simply disagree.

 

Come to the light, the light is good.
:lol:

 

Also, FastBreak, SG and I are well acquainted with the headaches incuced from banging one's head against the wall. We're well stocked with headache remedies! :D
I may need to take you up on that… :lol:
Technically, “everyone” is not complaining…

 

 

I didn't mean "everyone" in the sense of every single person. Just that people are complaining and I wanted to take a shot at the KHSAA. :p That's all. It's Monday, my favorite HS team just took a pounding by an Ohio school (Private no less) and I'm feeling a little bitter today. :sssh:

I didn't mean "everyone" in the sense of every single person. Just that people are complaining and I wanted to take a shot at the KHSAA. :p That's all. It's Monday, my favorite HS team just took a pounding by an Ohio school (Private no less) and I'm feeling a little bitter today. :sssh:
I'm not bustin' your chops Bro... I just wanted to be clear on my views. :thumb:
I'm not bustin' your chops Bro... I just wanted to be clear on my views. :thumb:

 

I understood. I just didn't want anyone to mistakenly take my post as anything but a jab at the KHSAA. :D :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.