September 20, 200521 yr Fastbreak and stickymitts, I just sent a PM to oldschoolwrestler, in which I told him that the reason I read most of these types of threads is because they reveal which members can take a position, then defend it with rational thought (and coherent statements). On the other hand, it also reveals those that can't... Frances
September 20, 200521 yr Fastbreak and stickymitts, I just sent a PM to oldschoolwrestler, in which I told him that the reason I read most of these types of threads is because they reveal which members can take a position, then defend it with rational thought (and coherent statements). On the other hand, it also reveals those that can't... Frances Where do I come in on your scale of rational thinking? :lol:
September 20, 200521 yr Fastbreak and stickymitts, I just sent a PM to oldschoolwrestler, in which I told him that the reason I read most of these types of threads is because they reveal which members can take a position, then defend it with rational thought (and coherent statements). On the other hand, it also reveals those that can't... Frances Since I didn't receive a PM, I must be one of the irrational, incoherent of which you speak. :cry: :lol:
September 20, 200521 yr Where do I come in on your scale of rational thinking? :lol: OOOOOOO Let ME! Let ME! :jump: :jump:
September 20, 200521 yr Where do I come in on your scale of rational thinking? :lol: I already know the answer to that one... :lol:
September 20, 200521 yr I wasn't talking to you. :fire: I've said it before.....when have I ever waited for you to give me permission? :devil:
September 20, 200521 yr I already know the answer to that one... :lol: Dang it...I'll suppress any thoughts of posting in threads of this nature in order to slow the dumbifying process. :irked:
September 20, 200521 yr Dang it...I'll suppress any thoughts of posting in threads of this nature in order of slowing the dumbying process. :irked: I was referring to my knowledge of where I come down on Frances' scale of rational/irrational posters, not you... :lol: That's why I don't need to ask.
September 20, 200521 yr I was referring to my knowledge of where I come down on Frances' scale of rational/irrational posters, not you... :lol: That's why I don't need to ask. Oh, in that case. I'll patiently await the criticism. :lol:
September 20, 200521 yr Stickymitts - I never really started a "scale of rational thinking" - I just read posts in controversial threads to get a better grip on who can defend their positions, and who has to resort to "cause I believe it's right" or "my values are better than your values"... You may have hit on a great idea, though. Maybe we could start some system wherein we rate each member on his/her ability to support their positions (regardless of their stance on a given issue) with your "scale of rational thinking". We could rate the important posts on a scale of 1 to 10, and see where we all end up. Of course, you couldn't rate your own posts, and it would be on the honor system. Then again, it might be a little embarassing for those of us with a rating that is lower than the number of eyelets in a pair of penny loafers. Rockmom - We share the same side of many debates, but not all of them. Then again, I'd be worried if someone agreed with my views 100% of the time. One thing you do NOT lack is the ability to present your views in a clear manner, with solid reasoning intact. Thanks, Frances
September 20, 200521 yr That's probably true about Male and Manual, but the point is hardly moot. It's a huge advantage over 98 percent of the public schools in Kentucky. The rest of the state can't draw the best and brightest from a county the size of Jefferson and send back the ones you don't want. Very true. What does Jefferson County have....1/4 of the state's population, or a million people? That is a huge advantage. Many counties in my area are one high school counties. No one is turned away. It's the law. As a matter of fact, it's almost impossible to expell some of the really bad eggs, those that make it difficult to teach a class. I'd say at most private schools a trouble maker is out the door faster than he or she can ask "why, what have I done"? And to have the ability, if they so desire, to take the best and brightest and weed the rest out, that's a big advantage too.
September 20, 200521 yr Stickymitts - I never really started a "scale of rational thinking" - I just read posts in controversial threads to get a better grip on who can defend their positions, and who has to resort to "cause I believe it's right" or "my values are better than your values"... You may have hit on a great idea, though. Maybe we could start some system wherein we rate each member on his/her ability to support their positions (regardless of their stance on a given issue) with your "scale of rational thinking". We could rate the important posts on a scale of 1 to 10, and see where we all end up. Of course, you couldn't rate your own posts, and it would be on the honor system. Then again, it might be a little embarassing for those of us with a rating that is lower than the number of eyelets in a pair of penny loafers. Rockmom - We share the same side of many debates, but not all of them. Then again, I'd be worried if someone agreed with my views 100% of the time. One thing you do NOT lack is the ability to present your views in a clear manner, with solid reasoning intact. Thanks, Frances I'll take that as low. :irked: BTW, the "scale of rational thinking" idea is opening a can of worms that I don't think any of us want to see. :lol:
September 20, 200521 yr You may have hit on a great idea, though. Maybe we could start some system wherein we rate each member on his/her ability to support their positions (regardless of their stance on a given issue) with your "scale of rational thinking". We could rate the important posts on a scale of 1 to 10, and see where we all end up. Of course, you couldn't rate your own posts, and it would be on the honor system. Would that be a public or a private forum? :lol:
September 20, 200521 yr Would that be a public or a private forum? :lol: Well, we'd obviously have to have several threads to discuss it (taking every opportunity to berate and belittle anyone that disagrees with us). Maybe someone with a degree in jurisprudence can give us some direction ... Frances
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.