September 10, 200521 yr Please everyone, take a step back away from your keyboard so the ensuing lightning bolt doesn't harm you. I am agreeing with gametime AND 02Ram54 and all in the same post. :lol: :scared:
September 10, 200521 yr I'm going to have to sit down and have a talk with myself. I have disappointed me.
September 10, 200521 yr I'm going to have to sit down and have a talk with myself. I have disappointed me. Would you like me to send you a lengthy PM to help???
September 10, 200521 yr Would you like me to send you a lengthy PM to help??? No, I think I'll try to pull through on my own. :lol: You could always send one to Birdsfan, he's a good go between.
September 11, 200521 yr As being an innocent bystander in this conversation, what would happen to say a district in single A. In a division like Jenkins, Painstville, Pikeville, and Hazard all being private schools would they be affected.
September 11, 200521 yr Those are all public city schools, BLF, not private schools. Private schools are privately owned and not supported by any public tax money. Think of your Catholic schools and other Academy type schools that charge tuition to attend.
September 11, 200521 yr No, I think I'll try to pull through on my own. :lol: You could always send one to Birdsfan, he's a good go between. :laugh: :laugh:
September 11, 200521 yr Independent schools are not private schools? No, not if they are funded by city tax money. Those are city schools and I imagine they adopted the Independent moniker to set them apart from the county school system in their area. They are owned by the public (city). Private schools are privately owned and pay their own way without government help or interference.
September 11, 200521 yr Think about the kids. Even kids in a private school probly went to school with a lot of people from a public school, and they have friends that go to public schools, NKY is a bubble. Shouldn't be anything about parents or politics or making money, it's for the kids
September 12, 200521 yr Think about the kids. Even kids in a private school probly went to school with a lot of people from a public school, and they have friends that go to public schools, NKY is a bubble. Shouldn't be anything about parents or politics or making money, it's for the kids :thumb:
September 12, 200521 yr My first thought is that this would cause quite a few teams to fold. Not all private schools are the size of T and X (thank god). A school such as 1A Holy Cross (Covington) would not be able to compete with CCH much less T and X. It would be terrible for these kids and hugely unfair. Why not say what the real problem is and be honest. T and X because they are private have awesome programs, traditions, alumni, and so on. With 2800 students (1400 boys), they are not only ahead of the game with all the things I mentioned, but they have over 1000 more students than the nearest public school. I'm not saying that a public school can't compete, just that the odds are in favor of T and X being there in the end. I realize that people don't want to hear this, but it's the truth. I don't believe forcing them to cap their enrollment is the answer either, as some have suggested in the past. I see no reason to penalize a team like HC and it's kids because of T and X. And that is what you would be doing. Punishing private kids instead of public kids. Somehow I think NCC's playoff aspirations might change if this happens as well. If T and X and their success is the problem, then admit it and come up with a valid solution.
September 12, 200521 yr The solution is to do nothing. There is nothing wrong with the system. There are a few "big" head men who can't win their football team a district or state title in football, so they have to cry. I hope KHSAA and the voters think about the kids for the entire state instead of those few cry babies.
September 12, 200521 yr Why work hard and earn it when you can change the rules, and still lose... Can the Reds work harder and beat the Cardinals? Not change personnel, line up the same players, simply work harder and ever hope to beat the Cardinals. Sometimes it is about working harder and sometimes it gets to the point that no matter how hard you work on a year in and year out scenario, you can't do it. Year in and Year out will the Reds be able to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox? Also, let's be clear when everyone is stating KHSAA. I would assume that some HS will make the proposal and the other HS's in the state will vote. If this comes to pass, it is the HS's that make up the KHSAA doing it. NOT the commissioner, the commissioner's office or anyone in the KHSAA office in Lexington.
September 12, 200521 yr The KHSAA isn't planning on eliminating those schools from competing in a state championship game but rather they're thinking about possibly doing what the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association is currently doing. The TSSAA has 5 classes in Division 1 for those schools that do not offer financial aid (that does include some private schools) AND there are 3 classes in the Division 2 for those schools that do offer financial aid to their students (this icludes some public high schools). By saying that the KHSAA is eliminating private schools from playing ion a state championship is INCORRECT......but it should be restated that they're going to give them their OWN class or division as it is in Tennessee. At least that's the impression that I am getting. Don't be surprised if the KHSAA passes a bill to seperate, that a majority of private schools just decide to leave teh KHSAA. What point would the KHSAA mean to private schools, they would play no factor.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.