Tennessee players NuKeese Richardson and Janzen Jackson Arrested

FormerCawoodTrojan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NuKeese has had a tough season at Rocky Top. He's the guy Kiffin stole from Meyer and kept it a secret until signing day. He's also been unhappy with his playing time, wouldn't shock me to see him transfer out after the season.

Sounds like they might have a spot available with the Mean Machine.

You guys really slay me with your sanctimonious opinion that all things Orange have to be bad! Don't get me wrong - if most of these guys (or all as the case may be) are guilty, they deserve to go directly to jail! To blame this on the coaching staff makes about as much sense as the blame that the Georgia staff gets for their players that have decided to be stupid or the Florida or Alabama players as well - all of these teams plus most others in the country have experienced issues of idiocy from some small fraction of players. I seem to remember a few years back that a certain Kentucky basketball player was found in a vehicle that contained heroin. Was that the fault of the coach, the school or the people of Kentucky? The answer is very simple - absolutely not!

Perhaps that is what has become wrong with the world in the first place - athletes are placed on a pedestal that they don't deserve. Athletic teams are worshipped more reverently than the only true God. We, as a society, want to observe a train wreck like this that can only begin to be explained as stupid as long as it is the opposing team.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a Vol Fan and alumni that is sick about what has happened. Not so much for the way that it has embarrassed the University but for the fact that these young men were apparently so bored that they felt the need to attempt to rob some fellow students with a pellet pistol - the Pilot station was not robbed. I guess I'm getting old, but that thought never crossed my mind when I was that age as a way to alleviate boredom. I guess it is just a sign of the times.

You can flame me if you wish, you can agree with the general premise of my post or you can do your best to teach your own children how exceedingly stupid this is to throw your life away like these guys have done. If you don't have kids because your too young for that right now, it is likely you will have them some day so teach them at that time. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular - just asking that you consider the possibilty that not all things that occur at the University of Tennessee are indicative of the lunacy of these 3 (all 3 are from states other than Tennessee with Richardson from FL, Jackson from LA and Edwards from OH). I've certainly learned in the 18 years I've lived in Kentucky that there are some pretty fine people that have come out of the University of Kentucky, U of L, Alabama, UC, Ohio State as well as all the other Universities that can be named at this time.

You guys really slay me with your sanctimonious opinion that all things Orange have to be bad! Don't get me wrong - if most of these guys (or all as the case may be) are guilty, they deserve to go directly to jail! To blame this on the coaching staff makes about as much sense as the blame that the Georgia staff gets for their players that have decided to be stupid or the Florida or Alabama players as well - all of these teams plus most others in the country have experienced issues of idiocy from some small fraction of players. I seem to remember a few years back that a certain Kentucky basketball player was found in a vehicle that contained heroin. Was that the fault of the coach, the school or the people of Kentucky? The answer is very simple - absolutely not!

Perhaps that is what has become wrong with the world in the first place - athletes are placed on a pedestal that they don't deserve. Athletic teams are worshipped more reverently than the only true God. We, as a society, want to observe a train wreck like this that can only begin to be explained as stupid as long as it is the opposing team.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a Vol Fan and alumni that is sick about what has happened. Not so much for the way that it has embarrassed the University but for the fact that these young men were apparently so bored that they felt the need to attempt to rob some fellow students with a pellet pistol - the Pilot station was not robbed. I guess I'm getting old, but that thought never crossed my mind when I was that age as a way to alleviate boredom. I guess it is just a sign of the times.

You can flame me if you wish, you can agree with the general premise of my post or you can do your best to teach your own children how exceedingly stupid this is to throw your life away like these guys have done. If you don't have kids because your too young for that right now, it is likely you will have them some day so teach them at that time. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular - just asking that you consider the possibilty that not all things that occur at the University of Tennessee are indicative of the lunacy of these 3 (all 3 are from states other than Tennessee with Richardson from FL, Jackson from LA and Edwards from OH). I've certainly learned in the 18 years I've lived in Kentucky that there are some pretty fine people that have come out of the University of Kentucky, U of L, Alabama, UC, Ohio State as well as all the other Universities that can be named at this time.

Here is why most of us don't feel sorry for UT or their faithful...

1) Kiffin bragged just yesterday about how his team didn't have any off the field problems unlike other SEC teams. And last time I checked a failed drug test is an off the field problem.

2) Kiffin accused other coaches of violations without knowing the rules.

3) Kiffin ridiculed another SEC school ("if you go to South Carolina, you'll be pumping gas") when he should have been promoting his.

The big thing here will be how Lane responds to this. After the eye gouging incident and all the things that Kiffin has done and said this year everyone will be watching to see what the punishment will be for this BB gun toting thieves.

Here is why most of us don't feel sorry for UT or their faithful...

1) Kiffin bragged just yesterday about how his team didn't have any off the field problems unlike other SEC teams. And last time I checked a failed drug test is an off the field problem.

2) Kiffin accused other coaches of violations without knowing the rules.

3) Kiffin ridiculed another SEC school ("if you go to South Carolina, you'll be pumping gas") when he should have been promoting his.

The big thing here will be how Lane responds to this. After the eye gouging incident and all the things that Kiffin has done and said this year everyone will be watching to see what the punishment will be for this BB gun toting thieves.

You hit the nail on the head. :thumb:

I respect Lane Kiffin as coach, strategy wise, due to what he has shown this season and his work at USC. But, he is probably the easiest guy to hate in college football. He likes it like that, he's asked for that. UT knew what they were getting into with him so they cannot complain, IMO. He cleary knows how to coach and recruit, but he is going to bring in baggage, and his love of stealing recruits is going to bring in some troubled youngsters obviously. Two of the players involved in this lied to other programs (UF and LSU) and went behind their back to commit to UT. I think that you'd have to expect that they may need some guidance, if they are going to do that. It's not like they were silent commits as many players do, they led the other programs into believing they were going to sign a LOI on signing day.

The recent incident at UT got me to thinking about the discipline problems that have been going around in college football this season. 3 of the more high profile coaches in the country have had black eyes on their program this year, in Lane Kiffin, Urban Meyer, and Chip Kelly. And then I thought about how far my favorite team has came since the days of "Thug U". Randy Shannon may never take Miami to a MNC, but he does win with good straight-edged players. Miami has had one arrest since Shannon took over, and that was Robert Marve who transferred out. I'm glad to have a coach that has such a positive influence on the players lives while still winning games.