Tennessee players NuKeese Richardson and Janzen Jackson Arrested

FormerCawoodTrojan

You guys really slay me with your sanctimonious opinion that all things Orange have to be bad! Don't get me wrong - if most of these guys (or all as the case may be) are guilty, they deserve to go directly to jail! To blame this on the coaching staff makes about as much sense as the blame that the Georgia staff gets for their players that have decided to be stupid or the Florida or Alabama players as well - all of these teams plus most others in the country have experienced issues of idiocy from some small fraction of players. I seem to remember a few years back that a certain Kentucky basketball player was found in a vehicle that contained heroin. Was that the fault of the coach, the school or the people of Kentucky? The answer is very simple - absolutely not!

Perhaps that is what has become wrong with the world in the first place - athletes are placed on a pedestal that they don't deserve. Athletic teams are worshipped more reverently than the only true God. We, as a society, want to observe a train wreck like this that can only begin to be explained as stupid as long as it is the opposing team.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a Vol Fan and alumni that is sick about what has happened. Not so much for the way that it has embarrassed the University but for the fact that these young men were apparently so bored that they felt the need to attempt to rob some fellow students with a pellet pistol - the Pilot station was not robbed. I guess I'm getting old, but that thought never crossed my mind when I was that age as a way to alleviate boredom. I guess it is just a sign of the times.

You can flame me if you wish, you can agree with the general premise of my post or you can do your best to teach your own children how exceedingly stupid this is to throw your life away like these guys have done. If you don't have kids because your too young for that right now, it is likely you will have them some day so teach them at that time. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular - just asking that you consider the possibilty that not all things that occur at the University of Tennessee are indicative of the lunacy of these 3 (all 3 are from states other than Tennessee with Richardson from FL, Jackson from LA and Edwards from OH). I've certainly learned in the 18 years I've lived in Kentucky that there are some pretty fine people that have come out of the University of Kentucky, U of L, Alabama, UC, Ohio State as well as all the other Universities that can be named at this time.

I'm not blaming Kiffin or the coaching staff...I am waiting to see how they respond to this crisis. They've done the easy part now, how do they react is the real question.

I agree with CATS too though. He will recruit high risk kids (as will a lot of coaches) so he will have to deal with this type of stuff. Hopefully not to this degree though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not blaming Kiffin or the coaching staff...I am waiting to see how they respond to this crisis. They've done the easy part now, how do they react is the real question.

I agree with CATS too though. He will recruit high risk kids (as will a lot of coaches) so he will have to deal with this type of stuff. Hopefully not to this degree though.

Kiffin will handle this right, I have no doubt about that. He has already kicked off several players, including one during the season. He will wait it out and sees what happens, right now that is all he can do. High risk kids are a chance you have to take, or if you lucky you may play for the music city bowl every year. Too much money in college sports. UF, Bama, UGA, have all had trouble in recent years. UK basketball signed a coach who take chances on high risk players. Truth be told you don't know what your going to get out of any recruit, the college lifestyle has been known to changed men and women for the better and also for the worse.

Kiffin will handle this right, I have no doubt about that. He has already kicked off several players, including one during the season. He will wait it out and sees what happens, right now that is all he can do. High risk kids are a chance you have to take, or if you lucky you may play for the music city bowl every year. Too much money in college sports. UF, Bama, UGA, have all had trouble in recent years. UK basketball signed a coach who take chances on high risk players. Truth be told you don't know what your going to get out of any recruit, the college lifestyle has been known to changed men and women for the better and also for the worse.

Exactly which bowl did UT play in last year? I can't seem to remember.

Exactly which bowl did UT play in last year? I can't seem to remember.

None exactly why they made a change and paid top dollar for their coaching staff. My guess the same reason UK dished out big bucks to bring in coach Cal. UT wants to get back to a top 10 top 5 program, the same UK wants to get back to one of the best in b-ball.

Listening to the radio shows this morning over here in Big Orange Country and NuKeese is the only one still in jail. No one has posted bond for him...the others are out. Jackson has the big name lawyer in Knox who has handled most high profile UT Athletics cases and it appears that all charges against him will likely be dropped.

All 3 should be gone IMO. I just think if Kiffin can keep them, as this blog suggest he will do so.

I agree....and I agree.

I'll say this for certain. If UK had the same situation in ANY sport with ANY players and ANY of them remained scholarship student athletes I would prefer the coach, AD, and University President lose thier jobs immediately.

I agree....and I agree.

I'll say this for certain. If UK had the same situation in ANY sport with ANY players and ANY of them remained scholarship student athletes I would prefer the coach, AD, and University President lose thier jobs immediately.

True. But, R. Brooks doesn't go out of his way to brag or boast about getting any recruits. Kiffin has put himself in a corner here, and may be forced to let go of two recruits he made such a big deal about getting. Kiffin should stop trying to be Steve Spurrier on steroids and just coach.

New Twist...

The guy who got robbed with a bb gun is now wanting all the charges dropped because they are vol football players. He says nothing should happen to them and that they should be able to play on Saturday.

:ohbrother:

Who is paying the money out? :ohbrother:

I doubt that Tennessee would consider themselves luck if they are playing in the Music City Bowl every year. Phil Fulmer could have done that for them.

The Vols has never played in the Music Bowl. They have played in Orlando the last couple of times. I can't wait for the next couple of years. What out SEC for them.