NKY Football

goldandblack

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think because NCC and Beechwood aren't as strong as usual it might feel like NKY football might be down. Additionally Boone was weaker than usual. Other than those 3, everyone else is pretty much performing better (or at least the level they have historically):

- One could argue that Cov. Cath. was down as well, but lets face it, with the exception of 2006, years like this at Cov. Cath. are much more the rule than the exception.

- Dixie's season was about where they have been in the recent past and were probably underachieving a bit, until last Friday when they thumped 9-1 Ashland.

- If Highlands wins state and with their win over St. X, some will argue that this is Highlands best team ever (a point I don't agree with, but still a valid argument).

- Bellevue and Holmes both have some of their best teams in the past 10 years.

- SK has not only their best team ever, but probably the best large school NKY team in the past 10 years as well.

- Holy Cross also probably has either their best or 2nd best team in the past 10 years.

- Although they lost to Manual, Conner was solid and Ryle is very good.

- Scott, although they lost, had their very best post season performance ever.

So I guess I would say that although NKY might not be as dominate at the top, overall this might be one of the better years ever top to bottom in NKY.

I think because NCC and Beechwood aren't as strong as usual it might feel like NKY football might be down. Additionally Boone was weaker than usual. Other than those 3, everyone else is pretty much performing better (or at least the level they have historically):

- One could argue that Cov. Cath. was down as well, but lets face it, with the exception of 2006, years like this at Cov. Cath. are much more the rule than the exception.

- Dixie's season was about where they have been in the recent past and were probably underachieving a bit, until last Friday when they thumped 9-1 Ashland.

- If Highlands wins state and with their win over St. X, some will argue that this is Highlands best team ever (a point I don't agree with, but still a valid argument).

- Bellevue and Holmes both have some of their best teams in the past 10 years.

- SK has not only their best team ever, but probably the best large school NKY team in the past 10 years as well.

- Holy Cross also probably has either their best or 2nd best team in the past 10 years.

- Although they lost to Manual, Conner was solid and Ryle is very good.

- Scott, although they lost, had their very best post season performance ever.

So I guess I would say that although NKY might not be as dominate at the top, overall this might be one of the better years ever top to bottom in NKY.

Some very good assessments....

You must have a kid playing in NKY ......LOL:laugh::laugh:

Or what he is saying is true. Comparitively speaking NKY is more complete this year top to bottom and has some really good heavy weights in teams like Highlands and SK. NewCath and Beechwood aren't as good this year as the years past but they are still extremely good and have proven it again and still have a legitimate shot at a title. Holmes and Bellevue have produced some of the best teams they have ever had and it has showed as they have playever well thus far. You have offered little to no evidence to back up your claim while several of us have offered our evidence to contradict your statement.

I

Disagree on this one unless you are speaking of the last 3 years alone.

They didn't have as strong of a decade as they did in 90's but when you take what they did as a whole, they were the best team in NKY in 01', the 2nd best team in NKY in 04' and 05' , and state champs in 06'.

I'd say only 2 years out of 10 this decade were they not in the top 5 of NKY.

They also own a 11 or 12-4 record against Beechwood and NCC, the other 2 traditional powers in NKY.

They didn't have as strong of a decade as they did in 90's but when you take what they did as a whole, they were the best team in NKY in 01', the 2nd best team in NKY in 04' and 05' , and state champs in 06'.

Actually, CCH was probably the best team in NKY in 2005, despite losing to Highlands on a big TD pass late in the game. CCH went on to give future state champ LexCath a better game than HHS did the following week during the playoffs that year.

Disagree on this one unless you are speaking of the last 3 years alone.

I'd say only 2 years out of 10 this decade were they not in the top 5 of NKY.

They also own a 11 or 12-4 record against Beechwood and NCC, the other 2 traditional powers in NKY.

You can disagree with it, but you would be wrong. Here is Cov. Cath's record for the last 10 years:

Cov. Cath was:

2000: 5-6

2001: 9-5

2002: 6-6

2003: 3-8

2004: 10-3

2005: 7-5

2006: 12-3

2007: 5-7

2008: 5-7

2009: 6-5

You tell me does 2009 look more like what Cov. Cath has done for most of the last decade or the exceptional year of 2006 (remember that 2004 their on the field record was actually 8-5)? I will give you that Cov. Cath's record is skewed a bit by their tough schedule.

I can tell you something you could delete and save sometime , Stop coming over to FT.Thomas and getting your butts handed to you .....LOL :lol:

WOW!!!!! There you go!

I find it hard to believe you are from NKY or even KY. Just because an area is doing better than another area doesn't mean football talent is down. When NKY isn't doing so well, I don't see people saying the State talent is down. You make no sense. Just accept it and help make your team better.

You can disagree with it, but you would be wrong. Here is Cov. Cath's record for the last 10 years:

Cov. Cath was:

2000: 5-6

2001: 9-5

2002: 6-6

2003: 3-8

2004: 10-3

2005: 7-5

2006: 12-3

2007: 5-7

2008: 5-7

2009: 6-5

You tell me does 2009 look more like what Cov. Cath has done for most of the last decade or the exceptional year of 2006 (remember that 2004 their on the field record was actually 8-5)? I will give you that Cov. Cath's record is skewed a bit by their tough schedule.

More than a bit.