Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Football

Featured Replies

Without Highlands and SK and maybe Ryle NKY football is the worst I have ever seen .......

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Highlands and SK and maybe Ryle NKY football is the worst I have ever seen .......

 

Is it really? Or is it that overall NKY has really good football and those few teams are just really great.

 

We'll see what happens this week with:

 

Beechwood / Eminence

Cov. Cath. / Johnson Central

Frankfort / Bellevue

St. X / Ryle

Lex Cath. / Holmes

Simon K. / Manual

Without Highlands and SK and maybe Ryle NKY football is the worst I have ever seen .......

 

:cry:

Without Highlands and SK and maybe Ryle NKY football is the worst I have ever seen .......

 

I'm not sure if you're just trying to stir some kind of pot with the Northern Kentucky teams or what, but I think at best you're issuing one heck of an unsupported claim, and at worst...well I just won't get into that.

 

I'll admit that, yeah, there are some teams that are in the midst of some lean years, rebuilding years, or even plain down-times, but I would be thrilled to hear you support your statement with some solid evidence.

  • Author

Over all the whole state is just BAD..........its:puke::scared:

Is it really? Or is it that overall NKY has really good football and those few teams are just really great.

 

We'll see what happens this week with:

 

Beechwood / Eminence

Cov. Cath. / Johnson Central

Frankfort / Bellevue

St. X / Ryle

Lex Cath. / Holmes

Simon K. / Manual

Earlier on I would have agreed that NKY football is overall a bit down this year, but now I'm not so sure. I think the games listed above will shed a lot of light on the situation, especially the CovCath/Johnson Central game, the Frankfort/Bellevue game and the LexCath/Holmes game.

 

I will say that I was expecting much more from Boone County than what was seen this year.

Over all the whole state is just BAD..........its:puke::scared:

 

Says Debbie Downer. :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J/K

Without Highlands and SK and maybe Ryle NKY football is the worst I have ever seen .......

 

I don't understand this one bit.

 

Beechwood, Highlands, SK, NewCath will advance deep into the playoffs, like they normally do every year.

 

Additionally other teams played very well in the first round games but came away with a loss (i.e. Conner and Scott). Conner almost came away with their game against a tough Louisville Manual squad and turned out to be one of the best 1st round games in the state. Scott was the #4 seed in the NKY district and took it to the #1 seed of another district only to lose 62-41. Dixie, despite a losing record, DISMANTLED a 9-1 Ashland team @ Ashland. Ryle torched a good Louisville team as did Simon Kenton.

 

NKY may be a bit down this year but they still are heads and shoulders above the state in terms of overall quality of teams (with the exception of the Louisville and Lexington Areas where the quality of football seems to be about even...).

 

Overall, there isn't much validity or truth in your statement. A bit more research should be undertaken next time before making an unfounded claim like this one...

Over all the whole state is just BAD..........its:puke::scared:

I don't know about that... I will agree that some of the state's traditional "powers" have been down some this season; on the other hand, some programs that don't usually perform too well are having successful seasons.

 

Also, if you look at the top team in each class right now, I think it would be hard to argue that this group of teams is weaker than the state's top-ranked teams in years past.

I don't understand this one bit.

 

Beechwood, Highlands, SK, NewCath will advance deep into the playoffs, like they normally do every year.

Well, to play devil's advocate, I think the odds are very good that Highlands is the only team you listed above that will reach a state final game this year. I don't see Beechwood (who won state last year), NewCath (who finished runner-up last year) or Simon Kenton (who finished runner-up last year) making it to Bowling Green in December. So, from that perspective perhaps NKY is down this year, relatively speaking.

Well, to play devil's advocate, I think the odds are very good that Highlands is the only team you listed above that will reach a state final game this year. I don't see Beechwood (who won state last year), NewCath (who finished runner-up last year) or Simon Kenton (who finished runner-up last year) making it to Bowling Green in December. So, from that perspective perhaps NKY is down this year, relatively speaking.

 

I think alot of the questions concerning the level of NKY football will be answered over these next 2 weeks where the final 4 for each respective class will be set.

I think alot of the questions concerning the level of NKY football will be answered over these next 2 weeks where the final 4 for each respective class will be set.

Agreed!

I'm not sure if you're just trying to stir some kind of pot with the Northern Kentucky teams or what, but I think at best you're issuing one heck of an unsupported claim, and at worst...well I just won't get into that.

 

I'll admit that, yeah, there are some teams that are in the midst of some lean years, rebuilding years, or even plain down-times, but I would be thrilled to hear you support your statement with some solid evidence.

 

 

I think you hit it with the bolded comment. G&B = Chicken Little :D

Freeman rankings on max preps have 3 of the top 5 in the state, all 6 classes from NKY. The Top 25 in the state, all 6 classes has 6 teams from NKY. That dosn't sound down to me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.