NKY Football

goldandblack

When is the last time that NKY QBs posted these types of numbers? I am sure the NKY defensive coordinators were very worried each week.

Lawrence (SK): pas for 1390, 15 tds, run for 846, 11 tds

Kremer (CC): pass for 2587 and 20 tds

West (CON): pass for 2178 and 18 tds, run for 946 and 18 tds

Wilson (DX): pass for 2159 and 19 tds, rush for 700 + yds and 6 tds

McGuire (LLD: pass for 1902 15 tds

Sowder (SCOTT): run for 1752, 14 tds

Erpenbeck (CCH): run for 1071, 14 tds and pass for another 1000 +

And Hempel from Ryle 1620 yards 16 T.D.s :banana:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the last time that NKY QBs posted these types of numbers? I am sure the NKY defensive coordinators were very worried each week.

Rigdon (Beechwood): 1,062 rushing, 1,074 passing, 23 TD's total

Walker (Holy Cross): 1,209 rushing, 1,267 passing, 22 TD's total

Are state titles and state championship appearances the best way to guage the relative strength or weakeness of the region? Maybe it is the best way to guage the top, but it does little to measure the depth of solid teams, which was my rationale for saying this is a banner year in NKY.

I understand your point about the depth of solid teams in NKY, but still, if NKY only has ONE team to make a state title game appearance this year (which I think will likely happen), while NKY had FOUR teams do this last year, I think it says something about NKY vs. the rest of KY this year compared to NKY vs. the rest of KY last year.

But I do get your point about the depth.

Who is to say Beechwood and NCC won't make it to the finals? Also, Ryle and SK is still playing. It's the Playoffs, stranger things have happened. Like SK avenging a 42 point loss to BC last year in the playoffs...

You're right, some of these teams may make it to the finals, but if I had to predict right now, I'd say that only one NKY team (HHS) makes it to the finals. We will soon see, and if multiple NKY teams make it to BG then my argument has been rendered null and void. I just don't see it happening, though.

Sowder ran for 2000 yards this year...

You're right, some of these teams may make it to the finals, but if I had to predict right now, I'd say that only one NKY team (HHS) makes it to the finals. We will soon see, and if multiple NKY teams make it to BG then my argument has been rendered null and void. I just don't see it happening, though.

Don't count your chickens. Maybe none make it (wouldn't that be a shocker). Maybe 5. Don't be so sure the all mighty will make it, and don't count the little guy out.

Don't count your chickens. Maybe none make it (wouldn't that be a shocker). Maybe 5. Don't be so sure the all mighty will make it, and don't count the little guy out.

The only reason I predict HHS to make it and the other NKY teams not to make it to the finals is that of the NKY teams still alive, I believe only Highlands does not have a higher-ranked team standing in the way of the path to the state title game.

The only reason I predict HHS to make it and the other NKY teams not to make it to the finals is that of the NKY teams still alive, I believe only Highlands does not have a higher-ranked team standing in the way of the path to the state title game.

I realize HHS has been head and shoulders above their competition all year but when it comes to the play offs its about how your team is playing now. A perfect example of this is Bellevue. They weren't ranked top 10 most of the year but they are playing their best ball right now and people in class A are taking notice. You can never count Beechwood or NCC out just because they have been their and done that. Their coaching is some of the best around and they know how to get their kids to raise to the occasion. I do agree with you to an extent I do think Highlands will be there. I also think the winner of Beechwood and Bellevue game has a darn good shot at it also. NCC seems to be coming around I think they have found an identity and are ready to show people they are still NCC. Sk has been talked about with the top teams in the state all year so I don't know how anyone could count them out.

• 3 weeks later...
BUMP:dancingpa:dancingpa:notworthy::notworthy:

This still doesn't make sense. Highlands may be the only team going to a State Championship game but NKY also had some teams just miss out (i.e. NCC, Beechwood, and Simon Kenton). You're argument holds very little water. The only thing that this proves is that NKY is a little down overall this year (and I'm on record for saying that) but they are still very good.

^To put this in even more perspective, if you would take the top 10 teams from each region of the state and put them head to head with one another, who would you think would come away with the most wins?

Apparently Western Kentucky.