Big East football... Thoughts on expansion?

Original Rookie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you only going to expand for football? You can't add more to b-ball.

Why would a school besides ND do football but not b-ball?

I agree that is a major problem. They have a ton of basketball programs that don't do football. 16 bball teams and 8 football... there has to be an answer somewhere though.

Notre Dame alone would help solidify the conference. The conference was built to be a basketball power, and it is. They'll never be a major football conference because of that. Too many basketball first programs.

Honestly, Big East and ACC are weak in football, but it seems only the Big East gets picked on. The ACC has actually been worse since the new Big East was formed. At least in BCS games, etc.

Notre Dame alone would help solidify the conference. The conference was built to be a basketball power, and it is. They'll never be a major football conference because of that. Too many basketball first programs.

Honestly, Big East and ACC are weak in football, but it seems only the Big East gets picked on. The ACC has actually been worse since the new Big East was formed. At least in BCS games, etc.

I don't want this to turn into a Big East/ACC thing. If the Big East ever wants to be a real legitimate conference I think it needs more teams.

With only eight teams and some BAD ones in there

Right now only UL and Cuse fit in the "BAD" category, and I think Cuse will be back to solid in the next season or two. I really like the staff they have in place and don't think it will be long before the Robinson disaster is fixed. As for UL, we'll see how that goes in the next month. Then there are 6 other programs that range anywhere from good to very good right now depending on the season.

The Big East is not nearly as bad as some want to make it out to be as it is without addition...

Right now only UL and Cuse fit in the "BAD" category, and I think Cuse will be back to solid in the next season or two. I really like the staff they have in place and don't think it will be long before the Robinson disaster is fixed. As for UL, we'll see how that goes in the next month. Then there are 6 other programs that range anywhere from good to very good right now depending on the season.

The Big East is not nearly as bad as some want to make it out to be as it is without addition...

Fair or not, USF, Rutgers and UCONN are simply not "established" programs (neither is UC really). 25% of the teams in the conference are awful and the others, with the exception of UC and maybe Pitt, are going to beat up on each other because they are really just average teams. Going forward... they need more teams to be looked at as legitimate in the eyes of the rest of the country.