Ohio St. 31 Navy 27

SHS Future

First off, I give Navy all the credit in the world. They outplayed us, and they honestly deserved this game. We just lucked up and picked off the two point conversion try and took it back for two points of our own.

Things that really stuck out to me

1. Why would you take Pryor out of the game when it was 17-7? It's not like your playing EKU, Western, or Morehead, it's 17-7, it's the second quarter, and your playing a pretty good football team. That just really puzzled me.

2. How could you not stop that option? What's Navy known for doing? 13 pass attempts compared to 44 rushing attempts. Yet we couldn't find a defense to stop the option. Amazing.

3. Pryor looked good. Yes he had a pick, but he also made some very nice throws and plays with his feet. He isn't close to his peak yet, but I can't wait until he gets there. It's going to be dangerous.

4. Kurt Coleman is the heart of this team.

5. Tress needs to find him an offensive coordinator. His play calling is a joke.

6. USC will run all over us, for the second straight year, if we can't fix our offensive and defensive line problems.

7. Ray Small has to come back and be strong and healthy. I was impressed with our core of wide outs, but adding Small to the mix makes us much more stronger.

8. Duron Carter will be a stud in the coming years, but he is also going to be a big part of our success in 2009. I like his game, and he can be a solid weapon for us.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:O.K. I was basically kidding. I am so used to all of ther OSU bashing on here so it is really like water off a ducks back. Doesn't mater to me at all.:thumb:

In all fairness at the end of the day hasn't all the OSU bashing about them not being as good as their ranking the last few years been right?

Maybe NAvy is underrated.

Navy is underrated you are correct. However OSU is definitely overrated AGAIN! The sad thing is with as the Big 10 is, and with how our current system is. If OSU beats a team with a true freshman starting at QB next week in USC, OSU very well might find themselves in the Championship game again this year.

Navy is underrated you are correct. However OSU is definitely overrated AGAIN! The sad thing is with as the Big 10 is, and with how our current system is. If OSU beats a team with a true freshman starting at QB next week in USC, OSU very well might find themselves in the Championship game again this year.

As much as I'd love to see them in the Championship no matter the reason I must say this since you brought it up. The current system sucks. We need playoffs people!

An interesting tidbit I read today was that Anderson Russell and Navy safety Wyatt Middleton were high school teammates in Georgia. I guess maybe Russell was too busy catching up on old times to catch the Navy receivers. :idunno:

Hopefully Tressell and staff can remedy that problem before this Saturday.