Who follows Pitino at UL?

Original Rookie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick Pitino isn't the coach at UofL? Since when?

Come on Deuce, don't make us waste our time by reading posts like this. Let's skip the predictable chit chat & get to what the thread's asking. :thumb:

I'm going with the huge conspiracy theory that Pitino knew he was going down and he communicated this to Billy Donovan. Donovan to Louisville...

Interesting, and that's the 1st name that popped into my head as well.

If the U of L job comes open, he'd be wise to get out of Florida. That program is still down and is going to take more time to build back up.

I think you're right. I think the Louisville job is a much better one than Florida.

Um, Ralph Willard is there for a reason. He holds the job for about three years, then is evaluated from there.

True, Willard is there for a reason. But I don't know if he's a big enough name.

He turned down UK, why do you think he woud take UL?

Pitino was / is his mentor. I think the Kentucky job had him intrigued, but he decided not to go. I think Louisville could offer more money than Florida & the Big East is a deeper basketball conference than the SEC. In the SEC, football will remain king. Basketball is the king in the Big East. Also, Florida & Kentucky are rivals. Florida & Louisville are not.

I could see him staying at Florida, but I think he'd do well in Louisville.

Pitino was / is his mentor. I think the Kentucky job had him intrigued, but he decided not to go. I think Louisville could offer more money than Florida & the Big East is a deeper basketball conference than the SEC. In the SEC, football will remain king. Basketball is the king in the Big East. Also, Florida & Kentucky are rivals. Florida & Louisville are not.

I could see him staying at Florida, but I think he'd do well in Louisville.

Bingo. He'll never be #1 at Florida, or probably any other SEC school for that matter.