Who follows Pitino at UL?

Original Rookie

Very true, that's probably the only one. But at UK you have to deal with the "spotlight." I'd say for some it's not worth it.

Didn't see this before I posted.

Some don't want that spotlight or have to deal with it. :thumb:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely!! How in the world could Donovan ever think about being #1 or winning a national championship at an SEC school?:laugh:

I think you've missed the point. Donovan could never be #1 at Florida because Urban Meyer is #1. Football will always trump basketball down there.

An open practice in the swamp would likely outdraw a UF basketball game.

Let me first say that I would be surprised if Rick Pitino coached more than two more years at UofL. That would be the case even if this whole Syhper scandal wasn't ongoing. I've said for a while that I thought he would coach one year in the new arena and then be done. That said, I will be very surprised if the scandal is the reason he leaves UofL...

I echo these sentiments, especially the last sentence.

I think it would be hilarious if Donovan went to Louisville, but I don't see it happening.

He would become the most hated person in college basketball by UK fans...if he isn't already :lol:.

Nah, we have Calipari now, all that's over. Plus, Donovan sucks now.

Um, Ralph Willard is there for a reason. He holds the job for about three years, then is evaluated from there.

I've always been impressed with Willard's coaching. The only question for me is whether or not he could bring in the necessary talent, especially in the Big East.

I'm not well versed on Willard's recruiting ability, so maybe that won't be a problem. If not, it would make sense to let him step into Pitino's slot. Unless they could land a guy like Donovan with a big name. However, if they aren't certain they can get someone, I think it would damage Willard's status to go on a coaching search only to settle for the assistant that was already there. Not exactly a vote of confidence for him.