Oprah faces $1 trillon lawsuit

HHSDad

No problem, this will all be settled by Obama with a nice little sit down over a couple of beers because Damon Lloyd Goffe is acting so stupidly. Beer Summit II, coming to a news media outlet near you.

:laugh::laugh: Winner, Winner......Chicken Dinner (or maybe they could serve some Texas beef hamburgers since she likes them so well :D):laugh::laugh:

By far the best post on this threa and that deserves a big ol' Atta Boy RTS!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Because the truth is, some of what Oprah promotes isn't good, and a lot of the advice her guests dispense on the show is just bad. The Suzanne Somers episode wasn't an oddball occurrence. This kind of thing happens again and again on Oprah. Some of the many experts who cross her stage offer interesting and useful information (props to you, Dr. Oz). Others gush nonsense. Oprah, who holds up her guests as prophets, can't seem to tell the difference. She has the power to summon the most learned authorities on any subject; who would refuse her? Instead, all too often Oprah winds up putting herself and her trusting audience in the hands of celebrity authors and pop-science artists pitching wonder cures and miracle treatments that are questionable or flat-out wrong, and sometimes dangerous.Because the truth is, some of what Oprah promotes isn't good, and a lot of the advice her guests dispense on the show is just bad. The Suzanne Somers episode wasn't an oddball occurrence. This kind of thing happens again and again on Oprah. Some of the many experts who cross her stage offer interesting and useful information (props to you, Dr. Oz). Others gush nonsense. Oprah, who holds up her guests as prophets, can't seem to tell the difference. She has the power to summon the most learned authorities on any subject; who would refuse her? Instead, all too often Oprah winds up putting herself and her trusting audience in the hands of celebrity authors and pop-science artists pitching wonder cures and miracle treatments that are questionable or flat-out wrong, and sometimes dangerous."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/200025

"Because the truth is, some of what Oprah promotes isn't good, and a lot of the advice her guests dispense on the show is just bad. The Suzanne Somers episode wasn't an oddball occurrence. This kind of thing happens again and again on Oprah. Some of the many experts who cross her stage offer interesting and useful information (props to you, Dr. Oz). Others gush nonsense. Oprah, who holds up her guests as prophets, can't seem to tell the difference. She has the power to summon the most learned authorities on any subject; who would refuse her? Instead, all too often Oprah winds up putting herself and her trusting audience in the hands of celebrity authors and pop-science artists pitching wonder cures and miracle treatments that are questionable or flat-out wrong, and sometimes dangerous.Because the truth is, some of what Oprah promotes isn't good, and a lot of the advice her guests dispense on the show is just bad. The Suzanne Somers episode wasn't an oddball occurrence. This kind of thing happens again and again on Oprah. Some of the many experts who cross her stage offer interesting and useful information (props to you, Dr. Oz). Others gush nonsense. Oprah, who holds up her guests as prophets, can't seem to tell the difference. She has the power to summon the most learned authorities on any subject; who would refuse her? Instead, all too often Oprah winds up putting herself and her trusting audience in the hands of celebrity authors and pop-science artists pitching wonder cures and miracle treatments that are questionable or flat-out wrong, and sometimes dangerous."

I believed you the first time. :D

She was dead on when she named Graters as the best ice cream. But it ends there.

Duh! Because she's evil! :D

Ohhhhhhh.....I forgot!

Actually, I guess I do understand. It's a partisan thing. No big deal, I guess.

I do think that it's silly to wish ill on the woman. Make her pay for any plagiarism, yes, but to hope that she gets stuck for it? Hmmmmmm.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Ohhhhhhh.....I forgot!

Actually, I guess I do understand. It's a partisan thing. No big deal, I guess.

I do think that it's silly to wish ill on the woman. Make her pay for any plagiarism, yes, but to hope that she gets stuck for it? Hmmmmmm.

With me, partisanship has nothing to do with it. She frightens me because of her cult-like status. She wields way too much influence for a talk-show host. The only other TV personality I've ever seen to have that broad an influence was Walter Cronkite, but I never once questioned his motives for the things he did.

I personally admire the kind of charity work where people do not want their name mentioned and are doing in from their heart and not to pad their own ego or bank account.

Have you ever thought that Oprah could raise a lot more money by attaching her name to it than by leaving it off?