Oprah faces $1 trillon lawsuit

HHSDad

Oprah Winfrey is facing a staggering $1 trillion legal battle over allegations she passed another author's work off as her own.

The TV titan, one of America's highest earning celebrities, is being sued by author Damon Lloyd Goffe who accuses the media mogul and her production company Harpo Inc. of plagiarising his book "A Tome of Poetry" in her Internet-published work "Pieces of my Soul."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6562882.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A trillion? Jeez, why not just sue her for a gazillion-bilion dollars...

From the article:

Goffe and his legal team are seeking the huge amount in damages, claiming that as Winfrey sold an alleged 650 million copies of the book online for $20 (£13) a time, he is owed $1.2 trillion.

Her response should be, "Cash or check?":D

That was sort of the joke that Conan did last night on the Tonight Show. He stated that Oprah's response would be, "Do you have change for 3 trillion?" :lol:

I certainly hope this is a legit lawsuit and Oprah is taken to the cleaners on it :thumb:. I hope that whoever and whatever this is about sticks and Oprah is exposed for the comlete fraud that she is.

I wouldn't doubt that Obama comes out with a statement in her defense.:rolleyes: :lol: