Beechwood 3 Covington Catholic 1

Ron "iceman" Arnsparger does not get calls wrong!!

The kid was picked off on first I thought. Snyder made an excellent throw and I thought he was definately out. Good thing the wood prevailed. :ylsuper:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pic 23 clearly shows that the umpire should have called interference on the runner for violating the Force Play Slide Rule. In high school you have to slide directly into the bag or it is interference. The result would have/should have been that the batter was out as well for a double play.

I am not a baseball guy, so this is a serious question. What part of the body has to slide directly to the bag? Who is to say that his hand or left knee weren't sliding directly to the bag?

I am not a baseball guy, so this is a serious question. What part of the body has to slide directly to the bag? Who is to say that his hand or left knee weren't sliding directly to the bag?

Excellent question and one that should be asked. The spirit of the rule is to prevent injuries to defensive players by runners making no obvious attmpt to go into the base, only to "take out" the defensive player. The DOES NOT mean that the runner is prevented from breaking up the double play. He must be able to REASONABLY tag the bag without alot of effort. From the picture I see, the ump made the right call.

Congrats to the Tigers!!!! This has to rank right up there as one of the biggest baseball upsets ever. Three seniors, 2 juniors, excited to have the season they did and make the region....AND THEN THEY WIN THE REGION!!! Are you kidding me? Nathan Snyder's contribution to this season is an example of selflessness, determination and team play that will be told for years in the Beechwood baseball program. He becomes a catcher because Beechwood needed a catcher. He pitches the title game because they were out of pitchers. And he shuts down one of the best hitting teams in N. Ky. baseball history to get the regional title win. Just awesome! A Hoosiers moment. One of those sports stories that brings a tear to your eye. Good luck in state, Tigers!!

Congrats to the Tigers!!!! This has to rank right up there as one of the biggest baseball upsets ever. Three seniors, 2 juniors, excited to have the season they did and make the region....AND THEN THEY WIN THE REGION!!! Are you kidding me? Nathan Snyder's contribution to this season is an example of selflessness, determination and team play that will be told for years in the Beechwood baseball program. He becomes a catcher because Beechwood needed a catcher. He pitches the title game because they were out of pitchers. And he shuts down one of the best hitting teams in N. Ky. baseball history to get the regional title win. Just awesome! A Hoosiers moment. One of those sports stories that brings a tear to your eye. Good luck in state, Tigers!!

Actually, 3 seniors, 1 junior, 3 sophomores, and 2 freshman.

IMO, I thought the umpiring was bad in every game I watched. Personally, I thought the ball/strike zone seemed really small. I don't know if I am the only person who thought that, but pitchers were getting squeezed.

Have to agree with you. Sitting directly behind the plate, he sure liked them slightly outside. But, we're human, and we're not making the OFFICIAL calls. :lol:

Great job Tigers! And yes, Nate, you made us proud! Along with every other player on the team!

Excellent question and one that should be asked. The spirit of the rule is to prevent injuries to defensive players by runners making no obvious attmpt to go into the base, only to "take out" the defensive player. The DOES NOT mean that the runner is prevented from breaking up the double play. He must be able to REASONABLY tag the bag without alot of effort. From the picture I see, the ump made the right call.

That is not correct. The rule states that the runner must slide in a direct line between the bases. In this play, the runner's leg is clearly on the right field side of the baseline . FPSR violation . Double play. This was a POE a few years ago on a rule that has been around for 10 years.

That is not correct. The rule states that the runner must slide in a direct line between the bases. In this play, the runner's leg is clearly on the right field side of the baseline . FPSR violation . Double play. This was a POE a few years ago on a rule that has been around for 10 years.

I see where his right leg is to the right of the base. But parts of his body are still in line with the bag. How specific is the rule?

Obviuosly, to me, there is a measure of subjectivity to the rule.