Beechwood 3 Covington Catholic 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. Beechwood scores 2 runs on a blooper, two bunts that go for singles, and one sold base hit up the middle.

But you're not going to beat many teams only scoring 1 run.

Congrats to the Beechies and best of luck in the next round.

This score is shocking. How does a team with that much hitting lose to a pitcher that had thrown about 15 innings all year and hasn't pitched in 3 weeks. Unreal. Very disappointing year in the 3 big sports for CCH this year.

Ease up on this CCH team. This team had an incredible year with some outstanding individual seasons. It just goes to show that's why they play the games and congrats to Bob and his team. Especially Nathan Snyder, what an incredible big game performance.

This score is shocking. How does a team with that much hitting lose to a pitcher that had thrown about 15 innings all year and hasn't pitched in 3 weeks. Unreal. Very disappointing year in the 3 big sports for CCH this year.

Cov Cath still won over 30 baseball games, I would say that is anything but disappointing.

Congrats to Beechwood.

Nathan Synder pitched a gem. The only run he gave up was a debatable call. Not only did he pitch a great game, but had the go ahead RBI single. Beechwood sports has now completed the sweep in the 3 major sports. (Basketball Baseball and Football)

Nathan Synder pitched a gem. The only run he gave up was a debatable call. Not only did he pitch a great game, but had the go ahead RBI single. Beechwood sports has now completed the sweep in the 3 major sports. (Basketball Baseball and Football)

The run scored was not debatable. He clearly got his hand on the plate without being tagged.

The CovCath good: Nutini pitching and hitting. Nute gave up only 6 hits but he had three hits himself on the night.

The bad: Theoldguy has brought this up so many times in the "The Bad" but the amount of LOB's. Tonight CovCath had 8 hits but left 9 men on bases. Far, far too many men LOB.

The ugly. Sixth inning no one out and runners on 1st and 2nd, CovCath bunts the men to 2nd and 3rd but the next batter strikes out swinging and CovCath doesn't score. At the time CovCath is only down 2-1 what a missed opportunity.

CovCath hitting:

Nutini 4 PA and 3 hits

Siemer 4 PA 1 sac 1 sb and 2 fc

Maile 4 PA 1 hit triple and 1 walk

Darner 4 PA and 1 hit

Isler 3 PA and 1 hit

Holocher 3 PA and 1 hit

Lafever 3 PA 1 hit and 1 sac

Stayton 3 PA 2 k's

Martin 3 PA 1 run and 1 hbp

CovCath pitching

Nutini (5-3)

98 pitches 7 complete innings 28 PA 6 hits 3 runs 3 earned runs 1 walk 6 k's

I would like to thank Coach Krumps, Coach Eck, Coach Michels, Don Martin and all the CovCath parents, players and fans for a great season. It didn't end the way CovCath wanted but it was still a great season. Seniors I look forward to watching some of you play at the next level and good luck to all of you.

I would also like to thank Mark and Greg for doing the CovCath Internet Baseball games over the course of the last couple of days. I know many who couldn't attend the games enjoy listening in.

Again good luck to the Beechwood Tigers.

Cov Cath still won over 30 baseball games, I would say that is anything but disappointing.

Congrats to Beechwood.

You are absolutely right. They finish 33-4-1. Not too shaby. I actually thought they would end up around 38-4-1-*. But good enough for me and many others.

This group of CovCath players for the most part has been playing for this moment for a long time. Unfortunately it didn't work out for them.

Congrats to both teams for great seasons. Oh one last question. Was it all worth it?

Edited by tdyballgame
Have a heart for now

Other game pictures............congrats to the Tigers.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BOBJACKSONACTION/CHSVsBeechwood#

Pic 23 clearly shows that the umpire should have called interference on the runner for violating the Force Play Slide Rule. In high school you have to slide directly into the bag or it is interference. The result would have/should have been that the batter was out as well for a double play.