Beechwood 3 Covington Catholic 1

You are absolutely right. They finish 33-4-1. Not too shaby. I actually thought they would end up around 38-4-1-*. But good enough for me and many others.

This group of CovCath players for the most part has been playing for this moment for a long time. Unfortunately it didn't work out for them.

Congrats to both teams for great seasons. Oh one last question. Was it all worth it?

HAHA...I think He can only answer that question...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pic 23 clearly shows that the umpire should have called interference on the runner for violating the Force Play Slide Rule. In high school you have to slide directly into the bag or it is interference. The result would have/should have been that the batter was out as well for a double play.

You are correct, Clyde....I wondered if anyone else would notice that fact. Did this no call have a bearing on the outcome (i.e. runs scored after this play with two out)? If so, it would have been a shame. In a four man system, the second base umpire should have had a clear view of this particular play.

yCongrats to Coach Myerhoff, Coaching Staff, players and fans what a game and again David against Goliath going in no one gave Beechwood a chance. Someone said earlier that is why they play the game. Good luck to Beechwood in the next step, I understand it will be played at St Henry.

CovCath what a season and congrats to Coach Krump, Coaching Staff, Players and fans. Best of luck in the future. JD

You are correct, Clyde....I wondered if anyone else would notice that fact. Did this no call have a bearing on the outcome (i.e. runs scored after this play with two out)? If so, it would have been a shame. In a four man system, the second base umpire should have had a clear view of this particular play.

IMO, I thought the umpiring was bad in every game I watched. Personally, I thought the ball/strike zone seemed really small. I don't know if I am the only person who thought that, but pitchers were getting squeezed.

Congrats to the Tigers! You pulled off the unbelievable. I wish I could of been there. I would like to see the celebration and the look on some faces. I see some BGP posters are MIA so far. I guess they are still wondering what happened. :lol::lol::lol:

I hear there was some negative comments coming from the stands/dugout on the first base side. One would think after a school like CCH has been beaten by BW in basketball and FOOTBALL this year they would of had a little more respect for them, guess not. :puke:

Great job Nathan! You have stepped up and been a leader all year. From asking to catch to this. What a memory of your senior year.

3 of the 4 all tourney team for BW are under classmen. Great job by the entire team to step up and work hard.

Congrats to the coaches, players and fans! :clap::clap::clap:

Two observations in this monster upset...CovCath seems to have had trouble the last two years with good junker type pitchers in big games and does Myerhoff and staff get the most with less than any other coaching staff in the region. Not to say that there isn't some talent at Beeechwood, because there is, but they don't get the top or deep talent pool like some of the larger schools in the region to work with.

IMO, I thought the umpiring was bad in every game I watched. Personally, I thought the ball/strike zone seemed really small. I don't know if I am the only person who thought that, but pitchers were getting squeezed.

The 7th inning of last night, it appeared Snyder was getting squeezed.

Mama told me: It's important to lose with class but perhaps even more important to win with class, which message some fans and posters need to keep in mind.

Congrats to the Tigers. Keep it going and I hope you win it all. Get focused quickly on your next opponent.

Congrats also to the Colonels. I know you are disappointed and hurt. Try to focus on all the wonderful accomplishments and great season you had this year.

Execution cost CCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:isurrender::isurrender::isurrender::isurrender:

I'm not sure what you read into my post. I simply answered the question that the last two would have been home runs at high school fields.

You are partially correct in your assessment. The first bunt for a hit was misplayed. That hurt. The 2nd one was simply a perfect bunt and a great hustle play.

Lack of offense and an inability to adjust to Nathan Snyder's slower speeds hurt CCH.

I'd also argue that they were not aggressive enough on the basepaths.

It had no impact.

Mama told me: It's important to lose with class but perhaps even more important to win with class, which message some fans and posters need to keep in mind.

The only poster I've seen taking any shots in this thread is a Highlands guy. The CCH folks have comported themselves admirably and have been generous in their praise for BW.

:cry::

I said that exact same thing!!

CCH just didn't execute when they needed too.

Keep your heads high Colonels. Beechwood played the dream game and earned it. Seniors good luck in future.

The Colonel Crazies were awesome as usual. Noisy and spirited.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: