Memphis to Send Kentucky a Bill

MJAlltheWay24

I saw this on cbssportsline.com and thought it looked kinda interesting and a little crazy. Thought it would be interesting to some of you all.

by Gil Espy, The College Basketball Enquirer

The University of Memphis accounting department on Friday announced their intentions to send an invoice to the athletic department at University of Kentucky, pending the final decisions of several highly rated former Tiger recruits. "We're currently sifting through pages of account records, expense reports, credit card receipts, and other billable expenses," said Memphis Director of Accounts Recievables Barb O'Hurley. "Money that was spent recruiting players who, at one time, were either signed with or verbally committed to the University of Memphis will be examined with a fine tooth comb." stated O'Hurley. "If these kids end up signing with Kentucky to play for Coach Calipari, his traitor butt is getting a bill...via Fed Ex!"

Expenses accumulated during the recruitment of recent Kentucky verbal commitment DeMarcus Cousins, who at one time was committed to play for Memphis, will prove to be especially costly according to O'Hurley. "Coach Calipari himself spent a considerable amount of time and money recruiting that young man. said O'Hurley. "Three nights in a row, Coach ate at a 5-star restaurant, and our records show that on each of those nights, he ordered the Surf & Turf. We're not talking about the Sizzler here, we're talking about a Zagat rated, 5-star restaurant that charge upwards of fifty to seventy-five dollars per entree! And he's sitting there ordering filet mignon and lobster every night!"

Coach Calipari, who Kentucky recently made the highest paid coach in college basketball history, could not be reached for comment. According to Kentucky's athletic department, Calipari was conducting "recruit strategy meetings" at Bushwood Country Club with members of his coaching staff.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14456558

If Cousins went to another school would they send them a bill too? Ridiculous

This was the first thing that came across my mind the second I read it as well. It's just part of the business IMO.

If I was the UK athletic department, this bill would go straight to my shredder.

I saw this on cbssportsline.com and thought it looked kinda interesting and a little crazy. Thought it would be interesting to some of you all.

by Gil Espy, The College Basketball Enquirer

The University of Memphis accounting department on Friday announced their intentions to send an invoice to the athletic department at University of Kentucky, pending the final decisions of several highly rated former Tiger recruits. "We're currently sifting through pages of account records, expense reports, credit card receipts, and other billable expenses," said Memphis Director of Accounts Recievables Barb O'Hurley. "Money that was spent recruiting players who, at one time, were either signed with or verbally committed to the University of Memphis will be examined with a fine tooth comb." stated O'Hurley. "If these kids end up signing with Kentucky to play for Coach Calipari, his traitor butt is getting a bill...via Fed Ex!"

Expenses accumulated during the recruitment of recent Kentucky verbal commitment DeMarcus Cousins, who at one time was committed to play for Memphis, will prove to be especially costly according to O'Hurley. "Coach Calipari himself spent a considerable amount of time and money recruiting that young man. said O'Hurley. "Three nights in a row, Coach ate at a 5-star restaurant, and our records show that on each of those nights, he ordered the Surf & Turf. We're not talking about the Sizzler here, we're talking about a Zagat rated, 5-star restaurant that charge upwards of fifty to seventy-five dollars per entree! And he's sitting there ordering filet mignon and lobster every night!"

Coach Calipari, who Kentucky recently made the highest paid coach in college basketball history, could not be reached for comment. According to Kentucky's athletic department, Calipari was conducting "recruit strategy meetings" at Bushwood Country Club with members of his coaching staff.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14456558

Harsh feelings much? Dude, it is a business, deal with it!