April 14, 200917 yr I saw this on cbssportsline.com and thought it looked kinda interesting and a little crazy. Thought it would be interesting to some of you all. Memphis to Send Kentucky a Bill by Gil Espy, The College Basketball Enquirer The University of Memphis accounting department on Friday announced their intentions to send an invoice to the athletic department at University of Kentucky, pending the final decisions of several highly rated former Tiger recruits. "We're currently sifting through pages of account records, expense reports, credit card receipts, and other billable expenses," said Memphis Director of Accounts Recievables Barb O'Hurley. "Money that was spent recruiting players who, at one time, were either signed with or verbally committed to the University of Memphis will be examined with a fine tooth comb." stated O'Hurley. "If these kids end up signing with Kentucky to play for Coach Calipari, his traitor butt is getting a bill...via Fed Ex!" Expenses accumulated during the recruitment of recent Kentucky verbal commitment DeMarcus Cousins, who at one time was committed to play for Memphis, will prove to be especially costly according to O'Hurley. "Coach Calipari himself spent a considerable amount of time and money recruiting that young man. said O'Hurley. "Three nights in a row, Coach ate at a 5-star restaurant, and our records show that on each of those nights, he ordered the Surf & Turf. We're not talking about the Sizzler here, we're talking about a Zagat rated, 5-star restaurant that charge upwards of fifty to seventy-five dollars per entree! And he's sitting there ordering filet mignon and lobster every night!" Coach Calipari, who Kentucky recently made the highest paid coach in college basketball history, could not be reached for comment. According to Kentucky's athletic department, Calipari was conducting "recruit strategy meetings" at Bushwood Country Club with members of his coaching staff. http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14456558
April 14, 200917 yr Since Memphis agreed to allow the opt out in the LOI's for basketball players, this will be very interesting indeed. I had never thought of this angle, but you can't blame them for looking at it.
April 14, 200917 yr Author If Cousins went to another school would they send them a bill too? Ridiculous This was the first thing that came across my mind the second I read it as well. It's just part of the business IMO. If I was the UK athletic department, this bill would go straight to my shredder.
April 14, 200917 yr I saw this on cbssportsline.com and thought it looked kinda interesting and a little crazy. Thought it would be interesting to some of you all. Memphis to Send Kentucky a Bill by Gil Espy, The College Basketball Enquirer The University of Memphis accounting department on Friday announced their intentions to send an invoice to the athletic department at University of Kentucky, pending the final decisions of several highly rated former Tiger recruits. "We're currently sifting through pages of account records, expense reports, credit card receipts, and other billable expenses," said Memphis Director of Accounts Recievables Barb O'Hurley. "Money that was spent recruiting players who, at one time, were either signed with or verbally committed to the University of Memphis will be examined with a fine tooth comb." stated O'Hurley. "If these kids end up signing with Kentucky to play for Coach Calipari, his traitor butt is getting a bill...via Fed Ex!" Expenses accumulated during the recruitment of recent Kentucky verbal commitment DeMarcus Cousins, who at one time was committed to play for Memphis, will prove to be especially costly according to O'Hurley. "Coach Calipari himself spent a considerable amount of time and money recruiting that young man. said O'Hurley. "Three nights in a row, Coach ate at a 5-star restaurant, and our records show that on each of those nights, he ordered the Surf & Turf. We're not talking about the Sizzler here, we're talking about a Zagat rated, 5-star restaurant that charge upwards of fifty to seventy-five dollars per entree! And he's sitting there ordering filet mignon and lobster every night!" Coach Calipari, who Kentucky recently made the highest paid coach in college basketball history, could not be reached for comment. According to Kentucky's athletic department, Calipari was conducting "recruit strategy meetings" at Bushwood Country Club with members of his coaching staff. http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14456558 Harsh feelings much? Dude, it is a business, deal with it!
April 14, 200917 yr Author Is this a joke? I couldn't tell ya. I really don't know anything about the College Basketball Enquirer. Is that a real publication?
April 14, 200917 yr I'd say UK would be more than willing to pay it... I know I would for the updgrades they are getting.
April 14, 200917 yr Author I'd say UK would be more than willing to pay it... I know I would for the updgrades they are getting. Why would they pay it?
April 14, 200917 yr Guys, take a deep breathe and think about it. Gil Espy is the author...doesn't that sound familiar to everyone? It's a joke. And it's going to get the exact response that the authors wanted. Pretty clever, IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.