Doyel on Cal and UK

Original Rookie

If you guys didn't make it so darned easy ... :D

And he is a great writer. I don't need an article to suit my world view before it becomes good.

But he was horrible on the radio when he tried that. :sssh:

Like I said, he's sucking up to you guys. I guess he wondered what it would be like to do an article on UK and not be carpet-bombed by hate e-mail. :D

Or he could maybe believe what he wrote...I am sure they are a lot of coaches in the SEC that will have trouble sleeping tonight, if not the entire country. This is one of those situations in sports that "looks really good on paper" and it should exciting to watch, whichever way it goes.

Once Calipari gets Kentucky rolling -- and it won't take him long -- Kentucky will be that team. That dominant team. Every year?

Yes. Every year.

Now it's these kinds of things that make so many HATE Kentucky.

But who cares? It's the truth, Cal has been a winner everywhere he's been, and I look for that to continue and Banners to be hung.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Or he could maybe believe what he wrote...I am sure they are a lot of coaches in the SEC that will have trouble sleeping tonight, if not the entire country. This is one of those situations in sports that "looks really good on paper" and it should exciting to watch, whichever way it goes.

So are you saying he was being less than sincere?

I don't know him personally, so I can't really say.

Like I said, he's sucking up to you guys. I guess he wondered what it would be like to do an article on UK and not be carpet-bombed by hate e-mail. :D

How are you any different than the UK fans who change their opinion based upon it being supportive on their argument?

Is it not the same as you saying "he's sucking up to you guys" because he's saying something that is, God forbid, positive about the UK program?

Pot. Meet kettle...:cool:

I've always loved Gregg Doyel, wish he was back on 1530, but I think he might be overreacting a tad bit in this article...

I think he went a little too far in this article IMHO. It did seem he was either being very sarcastic or sucking up to UK fans or is a HUGE Calipari fan. Nice to see a positive article, but I think it overemphasized how good UK will be under Calipari. The landscape of college basketball has changed and we will never see a long term dynasty that no other team can ever touch for extremely long stretches again. Even Pitino's domination at the end of his tenure, was a streak lasting a massive 2 seasons.