Keppinger to the Astros ...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... for a player to be named later.

Doesn't surprise me. Keppinger didn't hit well this spring, and the Reds were looking to move him. That opens the door for Rosales or Janish to make the team. Keppinger should get a shot to play with the Astros since Boone left the team. The best of luck to Keppy.

Keppy can play every infield position fairly well.

His bat was solid for a portion of the season last year, then he was absolutely abysmal.

Hate to see a versatile guy like Keppinger go. I was hoping he could have a big year this year. But, we've got some young talent.

Here's hoping we get something solid in return. Just don't know what (who) the Astros have (and what they're willing to give up.)

Keppy can play every infield position fairly well.

His bat was solid for a portion of the season last year, then he was absolutely abysmal.

Hate to see a versatile guy like Keppinger go. I was hoping he could have a big year this year. But, we've got some young talent.

Here's hoping we get something solid in return. Just don't know what (who) the Astros have (and what they're willing to give up.)

Keppinger is a little overmatched at SS and he doesn't have the bat to play 3B. He's either a 2B or a solid utility player.

With Phillips there, he just doesn't give the Reds what they need.

I don't know much about Rosales, but if Janish wins the utility infield job, the Reds will have two legitimate shortstops, defensively speaking, on the roster.

That's two more than they had most of last season.

I like the thought of keeping Janish. He's versatile, relatively young, and is smooth in the field.

It scares me that the Reds' mgt. is trusting Alex Gonzalez to (1) play a full season; and (2) perform at a high enough level.

I like the thought of keeping Janish. He's versatile, relatively young, and is smooth in the field.

It scares me that the Reds' mgt. is trusting Alex Gonzalez to (1) play a full season; and (2) perform at a high enough level.

Keppy was out of options and hitting under his weight this spring with the most at bats on the team.