Keppinger to the Astros ...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about Rosales, but if Janish wins the utility infield job, the Reds will have two legitimate shortstops, defensively speaking, on the roster.

That's two more than they had most of last season.

Plays the game like some guy named Rose used to, he's fun to watch.

Keppinger can't hold Rose's jock.

I would say he comes closer to playing the game like a guy named Jeff Branson.

I think the reference was for Rosales, and nowhere was it mentioned that he was as talented as Rose. Just that they paly the game hard.

He just plays really hard and looks like he loves the game.

Well there are thousands of players that play hard. I see them in Florence everytime I go to see the Freedom. None of those do I compare to Pete Rose. I wonder if twenty years from now we will be comparing some AAA lifer that hustles to Jeff Keppinger?

Well there are thousands of players that play hard. I see them in Florence everytime I go to see the Freedom. None of those do I compare to Pete Rose. I wonder if twenty years from now we will be comparing some AAA lifer that hustles to Jeff Keppinger?

I am pretty sure if you re-read his post that he wasn't talking about Keppy when he said he plays hard like Rose.

I am pretty sure if you re-read his post that he wasn't talking about Keppy when he said he plays hard like Rose.

Thank you fc. I even bolded Rosales in my thread. And no, I did not say he was the next Pet Rose, just that I liked the way he plays the game. And yes, for those who havent got to see him play, he plays harder than Freel. He's just a hard nosed kid from Chicago that has a lil mean streak in him. By the way, in the Reds 7-2 loss on wednesday, Rosales went yard off Oswalt to lead off the 4th and drove in the Reds 2nd run in the 5th.