Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Konner Tucker commits to UK

Featured Replies

Considering no one has ever seen him and the guys that are " in the know" are just getting 2nd hand info I will wait to judge the kid.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to talk with Konner tonight, he is very excited about playing at UK. His ultimate choice was between OK State and UK, but had offers from Marquette and Cal as well. I can assure you he is a legit 6-4. Coach Gillispie told him to expect to play both guard positions. He also told Konner he would be coaching UK next season. Konner is a great kid from a great family. I've know n them for 10-12 years. Let's give him a chance to play before pre-judging him.

I got to talk with Konner tonight, he is very excited about playing at UK. His ultimate choice was between OK State and UK, but had offers from Marquette and Cal as well. I can assure you he is a legit 6-4. Coach Gillispie told him to expect to play both guard positions. He also told Konner he would be coaching UK next season. Konner is a great kid from a great family. I've know n them for 10-12 years. Let's give him a chance to play before pre-judging him.

Great to hear. I really hope he can come in and do well!!:thumb:

I got to talk with Konner tonight, he is very excited about playing at UK. His ultimate choice was between OK State and UK, but had offers from Marquette and Cal as well. I can assure you he is a legit 6-4. Coach Gillispie told him to expect to play both guard positions. He also told Konner he would be coaching UK next season. Konner is a great kid from a great family. I've know n them for 10-12 years. Let's give him a chance to play before pre-judging him.

 

Nice to hear that at least three other teams from power conferences.

I got to talk with Konner tonight, he is very excited about playing at UK. His ultimate choice was between OK State and UK, but had offers from Marquette and Cal as well. I can assure you he is a legit 6-4. Coach Gillispie told him to expect to play both guard positions. He also told Konner he would be coaching UK next season. Konner is a great kid from a great family. I've know n them for 10-12 years. Let's give him a chance to play before pre-judging him.

 

 

Thanks. :thumb:

I got to talk with Konner tonight, he is very excited about playing at UK. His ultimate choice was between OK State and UK, but had offers from Marquette and Cal as well. I can assure you he is a legit 6-4. Coach Gillispie told him to expect to play both guard positions. He also told Konner he would be coaching UK next season. Konner is a great kid from a great family. I've know n them for 10-12 years. Let's give him a chance to play before pre-judging him.

 

He is a legit 6'4''? I thought he was only listed at 6'3''? And I just read an article about him just barely pushing 6'0''?

 

Anyway, I hope the kid can come in and contribute. If he can handle the point & knock down a few shots, this team will be in much better shape.

Where you at GT?

 

Not touching this one for now...

Not touching this one for now...

 

Darn, I was curious about your take on this prospect.

He is a legit 6'4''? I thought he was only listed at 6'3''? And I just read an article about him just barely pushing 6'0''?

 

Anyway, I hope the kid can come in and contribute. If he can handle the point & knock down a few shots, this team will be in much better shape.

 

You need to quit reading anything written by the person that wrote the bolded part, very uninformed. He's 6-4, period. I've got a couple friends that I know are 6-3, and he was definately taller than then.

You need to quit reading anything written by the person that wrote the bolded part, very uninformed. He's 6-4, period. I've got a couple friends that I know are 6-3, and he was definately taller than then.

 

CC may be referring to KSR's report. The guy who writes it says he's 6'3 and the kid is 2 to 3 inches shorter than him.

I can't remember a Tucker coaching at North, assuming his father is a Tucker. The only one I can place is Bob Tucker down at Somerset.:confused:

 

Mark Tuck DID coach at North Laurel after Darry Burkett left. He led the Jaguars to their first-ever win over South Laurel. He was replaced by Kenny Woods in 1999.

 

Tucker's coaching style was a deliberate almost four corners type of play. I'll never forget the game against Wayne County when it was 6-4 at halftime and I believe Wayne won 19-15.

 

Konner's dad was also Big Eight Player of the Year, I believe, when he played for Oklahoma State and he also played or was drafted by the Chicago Bulls.

CC may be referring to KSR's report. The guy who writes it says he's 6'3 and the kid is 2 to 3 inches shorter than him.

 

Then we're talking about a different prospect than Tucker.

Mark Tuck DID coach at North Laurel after Darry Burkett left. He led the Jaguars to their first-ever win over South Laurel. He was replaced by Kenny Woods in 1999.

 

Tucker's coaching style was a deliberate almost four corners type of play. I'll never forget the game against Wayne County when it was 6-4 at halftime and I believe Wayne won 19-15.

 

Konner's dad was also Big Eight Player of the Year, I believe, when he played for Oklahoma State and he also played or was drafted by the Chicago Bulls.

 

 

Okay, I remember that guy. He kind of had his hair slicked back in almost a Pat Riley style. I hated watching the Jags play when he was there, if they got more than a 5 point lead they would hold the ball the rest of the game.

I would think Porter is the much better athlete of the two. Did this kid have Pac 10 teams looking at him for football?

 

I know a kid that got two letters from UCLA this spring in football. He didn't start for his high school team and he has since quit the team this spring going into his senior year.

USC despite common opinion, never offered Porter a scholarship, and many kids get letters from schools.

Remember it was Tubby who started all the Porter had USC looking at him in football. He was trying to validate signing him!

The kid's a Wildcat now. How about we give him a chance to mess up before we start bashing him for not being good enough to play at UK.:idunno:

 

He is a 1 star recruit. WTH is going on in Lexington? We already have one inadequate point guard. Jeez Louise, I may have to join the FIRE BILLY G club after this move. This kid lacks athleticism is what I heard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.