Boone County vs Highlands

This should be a game of matchups. I like the Grubbs/Earls and Gabbard/Lother matchup the most.

The only kid that may pose problems for the Birds is McFarland if they let him get an M n M'er on a smaller defender. He has nice ball skills for a 6'5 kid and will post you like cereal.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a game of matchups. I like the Grubbs/Earls and Gabbard/Lother matchup the most.

The only kid that may pose problems for the Birds is McFarland if they let him get an M n M'er on a smaller defender. He has nice ball skills for a 6'5 kid and will post you like cereal.

If Highlands decides to zone like Beechwood did, I don't think they really have to worry about Mcfarland doing much damage, as I don't think Boone shoots well enough from outside to get the Birds out of it. Dill and Watson both frustrated him though in the first go around with their physical defense. Seemed to really take him out of what he wanted to do and made him force a lot.

If Highlands decides to zone like Beechwood did, I don't think they really have to worry about Mcfarland doing much damage, as I don't think Boone shoots well enough from outside to get the Birds out of it. .

You need to add one more "IF" to your statement to make it a true statement.

IF HHS can keep McFarland from catching the ball anywhere in the lane then....

If he gets it in the lane the zone is in trouble.

Gabbard didn't play very well in round one against Beechwood, I think he'll be the difference in this one.

I agree with you Rook. Gabbard's shot selection was not very good against BW. He kept driving, throwing up horrible shots (one went over the backboard), and hoping for a bailout from the refs. He needs to play within the team context instead of forcing.

I agree with you Rook. Gabbard's shot selection was not very good against BW. He kept driving, throwing up horrible shots (one went over the backboard), and hoping for a bailout from the refs. He needs to play within the team context instead of forcing.

That's really the only drive I remember him making. He had 11 points and I think they were all from 15 and out.

You need to add one more "IF" to your statement to make it a true statement.

IF HHS can keep McFarland from catching the ball anywhere in the lane then....

If he gets it in the lane the zone is in trouble.

He really struggled against Dill and Watson in the first meeting...that's what I'm basing my opinion on. Highlands used a zone in the second half of the first meeting to shut him down...FWIW.