Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County vs Highlands

Featured Replies

This should be a game of matchups. I like the Grubbs/Earls and Gabbard/Lother matchup the most.

 

The only kid that may pose problems for the Birds is McFarland if they let him get an M n M'er on a smaller defender. He has nice ball skills for a 6'5 kid and will post you like cereal.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone wants revenge from that beatdown they took the last time these two teams met.

If Grubb's plays as well as he did against St. Henry, they will win by at least 6 points. Go Birds!:dancingpa

I'll take the Rebels in a close one. The Senior McFarland IMO will be the difference, I watched him last night and was impressed. He played like he was on a mission last night.

Boone by 12 if Earls/McFarland/Cotton/Lay get it done down low and rebound well. Otherwise could be an upset again.

  • Author

Gabbard didn't play very well in round one against Beechwood, I think he'll be the difference in this one.

I am sticking with Boone County to win the 9th region, but this could be a difficult game to win.

There will be some beef down low with Earls and Grubbs.. I believe Grubbs will win this battle...

 

No doubt Grubbs will win the battle over Earls.

 

Highlands wins this game by 9.

No doubt Grubbs will win the battle over Earls.

 

Highlands wins this game by 9.

 

 

Could very well happen, but I'm kinda wanting a BC / Holmes rematch.

This should be a game of matchups. I like the Grubbs/Earls and Gabbard/Lother matchup the most.

 

The only kid that may pose problems for the Birds is McFarland if they let him get an M n M'er on a smaller defender. He has nice ball skills for a 6'5 kid and will post you like cereal.

 

If Highlands decides to zone like Beechwood did, I don't think they really have to worry about Mcfarland doing much damage, as I don't think Boone shoots well enough from outside to get the Birds out of it. Dill and Watson both frustrated him though in the first go around with their physical defense. Seemed to really take him out of what he wanted to do and made him force a lot.

If Highlands decides to zone like Beechwood did, I don't think they really have to worry about Mcfarland doing much damage, as I don't think Boone shoots well enough from outside to get the Birds out of it. .

 

You need to add one more "IF" to your statement to make it a true statement.

 

IF HHS can keep McFarland from catching the ball anywhere in the lane then....

 

If he gets it in the lane the zone is in trouble.

Gabbard didn't play very well in round one against Beechwood, I think he'll be the difference in this one.

 

I agree with you Rook. Gabbard's shot selection was not very good against BW. He kept driving, throwing up horrible shots (one went over the backboard), and hoping for a bailout from the refs. He needs to play within the team context instead of forcing.

I agree with you Rook. Gabbard's shot selection was not very good against BW. He kept driving, throwing up horrible shots (one went over the backboard), and hoping for a bailout from the refs. He needs to play within the team context instead of forcing.

 

That's really the only drive I remember him making. He had 11 points and I think they were all from 15 and out.

You need to add one more "IF" to your statement to make it a true statement.

 

IF HHS can keep McFarland from catching the ball anywhere in the lane then....

 

If he gets it in the lane the zone is in trouble.

 

He really struggled against Dill and Watson in the first meeting...that's what I'm basing my opinion on. Highlands used a zone in the second half of the first meeting to shut him down...FWIW.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.