Ryle 59 Beechwood 52

poon

Did Ryle play zone defense?

Looking at the box score, I would say that is a very good guess. Romes' game is an inside game based on driving to the basket. Beutel is a shooter. The box score looks like they let Beuttel have his shots and took away the inside game. Good win for the Raiders and a good game to learn from for the Tigers. Hopefully, this better prepares Beechwood for tournament time.

Looking at the box score, I would say that is a very good guess. Romes' game is an inside game based on driving to the basket. Beutel is a shooter. The box score looks like they let Beuttel have his shots and took away the inside game.

The above is exactly my thinking .

Looking at the box score, I would say that is a very good guess. Romes' game is an inside game based on driving to the basket. Beutel is a shooter. The box score looks like they let Beuttel have his shots and took away the inside game. Good win for the Raiders and a good game to learn from for the Tigers. Hopefully, this better prepares Beechwood for tournament time.

Ryle played man to man, but had a man in help side for Romes's drive. The big guys for Ryle did a great job or altering his shots. Romes is a very good player, he just had a bad game.

I wouldn't necessarily say they "handled" him. I wasn't at the game but Nichols only had 3 points and Russell had 8. They combined for 11 points. Considering Smith is the only big man B'wood has, that's not bad at all considering the physicality of both Nichols and Russell.

Either way holding a solid big man like Smith to zero points is impressive. I would take good defense over good offense any day. And in your post you left out one of the other big guys for Ryle which is Stauffer. He had 8 points so that makes the bigs combine for 19 points. Again I would say they handled Smith.

Either way holding a solid big man like Smith to zero points is impressive. I would take good defense over good offense any day. And in your post you left out one of the other big guys for Ryle which is Stauffer. He had 8 points so that makes the bigs combine for 19 points. Again I would say they handled Smith.

Smith had 6, but Smith isn't known for his scoring he is a defensive guy. Stauffer's points came mainly off free throws and Smith was in foul trouble all night. Overall I would say that Ryle has the big men to control a game and they had a nice win over a Beechwood team that was ranked higher than them:eek:.

I wouldn't necessarily say they "handled" him. I wasn't at the game but Nichols only had 3 points and Russell had 8. They combined for 11 points. Considering Smith is the only big man B'wood has, that's not bad at all considering the physicality of both Nichols and Russell.

Did Snyder quit?

I don't think Ryle has used their size to their advantage all year. Beechwood fans were making the same comment after the game. For the most part the big players have worked to get the scraps on the offensive side most of the year. Which is ok I guess but there have been several mis-matches all year and they have not taken advantage of it and many times when the ball goes inside it hits the player's knee which to me indicates that it is not something that is practiced nor a priority for the team. On the D side of the ball the big guys have worked well and maybe that's their main responsibility. I would never expect one of Ryle's big guys to walk away from a game with a lot of points. I would say for one of them to score 10 - 15 would be huge but all 3 are capable of scoring 20 plus. This is just an outsider's opinion.

I don't think Ryle has used their size to their advantage all year. Beechwood fans were making the same comment after the game. For the most part the big players have worked to get the scraps on the offensive side most of the year. Which is ok I guess but there have been several mis-matches all year and they have not taken advantage of it and many times when the ball goes inside it hits the player's knee which to me indicates that it is not something that is practiced nor a priority for the team. On the D side of the ball the big guys have worked well and maybe that's their main responsibility. I would never expect one of Ryle's big guys to walk away from a game with a lot of points. I would say for one of them to score 10 - 15 would be huge but all 3 are capable of scoring 20 plus. This is just an outsider's opinion.

Not sure I agree with all the above statement. I thought Ryle did a pretty good job of getting the ball inside the other night against Beechwood. The big guys just could not finish. Ryle's 4 inside players, Nichols, Stauffer, Russell, and Lamping were 5 for 19 for the game and I would say 15 of those shots were from 2 feet or less. But to their credit, they all played good defensive and shut down Beechwood inside game. Beechwood made more 3 pointers in the game than 2's, 9 to 8.

Not sure I agree with all the above statement. I thought Ryle did a pretty good job of getting the ball inside the other night against Beechwood. The big guys just could not finish. Ryle's 4 inside players, Nichols, Stauffer, Russell, and Lamping were 5 for 19 for the game and I would say 15 of those shots were from 2 feet or less. But to their credit, they all played good defensive and shut down Beechwood inside game. Beechwood made more 3 pointers in the game than 2's, 9 to 8.

Ouch. While I wouldn't say this is a typical game for these guys, that is indeed some brutal shooting!