Boone County 45 Holmes 38

LRCW

My favorite moment of the night was listening to the Holmes coaches-in-the-stands loudly proclaiming that Coach Henley doesn't know what he was doing.

And that was a flat out ridiculous comment. Holmes is 57-4 to this point in the past two years...I'd say he knows a little something about coaching. :madman:

Only thing I question is why he didn't start pressing earlier...Boone couldn't handle Holmes press and got several "lucky" calls to get them out of tough spots including the final foul on Rico...no way that was a foul.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great win for Boone. Seemed like Holmes came out flat and never could really get it going. Riley is a great player and imo the key to Holmes, he didn't have a great game tonight. You have to give Boones defensive some credit.

Wow. I didn't realize Holmes even had 10 FTs in the first quarter.

How do you know all these stats yet miss your star player almost breaking his wrist?

1-10 in FIRST HALF...not quarter.

And I know what play you're talking about. It was when Boone was up 10-8 and Pittman got the goal tend call but came down awkwardly on his wrist.

And that was a flat out ridiculous comment. Holmes is 57-4 to this point in the past two years...I'd say he knows a little something about coaching. :madman:

Only thing I question is why he didn't start pressing earlier...Boone couldn't handle Holmes press and got several "lucky" calls to get them out of tough spots including the final foul on Rico...no way that was a foul.

In order to press you have to make shots. Holmes didn't.

The whining about officials is tiresome.

They are a top 2 team in the state, and until tonight you couldn't tell me the national recognition wasn't deserved. Now hopefully they can stop the hype and get back to business just like last year. Bottom line is they are 34-3 in there last 37 games dating back to right after the loss to NCC last season. That is good I don't care who you are

I think Holmes is a top 5 team.

They got upset by a non ranked Boone Co and almost beat by the 3rd best team in the 10th in Scott. :thumb:

I think Holmes is a top 5 team.

They got upset by a non ranked Boone Co and almost beat by the 3rd best team in the 10th in Scott. :thumb:

Boone has actually been in and out of the top 20 this year. It's not like Holmes lost to a bad team. :rolleyes:

I don't think I ever said that. Matter of fact I actually said Highlands would probably be their best game and beat them. Nice try though.

I hope Boone stays as confident as some of the BC faithful. Just remember what goes around, comes around. Beat Holmes when it matters, then we'll talk about "eating crow, humble pie, etc." :thumb:

Yes it does, doesn't it?:lol:

Wow, I dont know much about Boone County, never seen them play and didnt even know they were on the radar, but a win againest mighty Holmes deserves some attention. What a night of basketball! Holmes is took down and Elliott beats a top ten team. This is why I love Ky High School basketball!!!

to all the "stall ball", whiner posts.

Yeah, Boone wasn't running down and jacking up quick shots, but neither was Holmes. Holmes did nothing to push the pace of the game until about 2-3 minutes to go in the contest when they finally started utilizing their superior athleticism with a full-court trapping defense.

Does Henley even employ an offensive scheme? There were 5-6 possessions on the night where Holmes simply passed the ball around the perimeter for 40+ seconds without making a single pick or cut. Still not sure I ever saw any possessions resembling any type of offensive execution. 90% of their offense was simply penetrating and either taking it up or kicking it out for a shot.

Boone, conversely, had purpose in their halfcourt sets and executed them very well; getting open look after open look on baseline screens and UCLA cuts. Gabbard controlled the ball very well against Holmes' pressure.

Yeah, Boone flourished in the halfcourt game, but they didn't "stall" it anymore than Holmes did- that's a homer excuse. "Stalling" the ball is running the ole Dean Smith 4 corners or just dribble and kicking it out all night while passing on open looks, Boone did none of that.

Boone simply played with poise and out executed Holmes. End of story.

In order to press you have to make shots. Holmes didn't.

The whining about officials is tiresome.

I agree, you can not blame the officials in this one. The only call I will disagee with is the Technical foul on Arnold, Holmes cut the lead to 6 he was making a play on the ball, they both stumbled out of bounds and feet got tangled. The kid from boone fell, next thing you know a T is called. It was called because of Arnold's rep because there was nothing flagrant about what happened and he wasn't trying to hurt anyone.