Boone County 45 Holmes 38

LRCW

Boone did not play stall ball. They played patient half court offense and executed it well. They also played tremendous half court defense.

Agreed. It wasn't stall ball at all. That was well executed basketball and thats how Boone should always play. For those that think that was stall ball, I think you have to remember there is more than one way to get the ball in the peach basket. It doesn't have to be running, gunning and dunking. Nor does it have to be sharpshooting 3pters all night. What Boone did reminded me a lot of a region champion team back in 2003.

They were led in my opinion by Gabbard on the floor. Popp played well off the bench and they got what they needed from Cotton, McFarland, Brown and Earls.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boone won this game with defense. Holmes had no answer for Boone's tough halfcourt D. No penetration outside of a Pittman a few times. Holmes is just not good in the halfcourt set.

No one on Holmes could stop Gabbard tonite from penetrating. He's got the unique combo of strength and quickness that gave Holmes trouble. Fortunately for the Dogs they were able to alter his shots. He's a tough quick hombre.

There was no one on the floor tonite with the hops of Ronnie Cotton. He's a much better player than I thought he was.

If Boone shoots FT's just decently its a 18 to 20 point game. Atrocious.

Holmes had the same issue with the kid from Hazard.

What happened to your prediction earlier in the season that Holmes would not lose to an NKY team, and nobody would come within 15? :rolleyes:

I don't think I ever said that. Matter of fact I actually said Highlands would probably be their best game and beat them. Nice try though.

I hope Boone stays as confident as some of the BC faithful. Just remember what goes around, comes around. Beat Holmes when it matters, then we'll talk about "eating crow, humble pie, etc." :thumb:

I don't think I ever said that. Matter of fact I actually said Highlands would probably be their best game and beat them. Nice try though.

I hope Boone stays as confident as some of the BC faithful. Just remember what goes around, comes around. Beat Holmes when it matters, then we'll talk about "eating crow, humble pie, etc." :thumb:

Well, we'll just have to check the archives then. You're too funny when the tables are turned. :banana:

As you are finding out tonight. :dancingpa:dancingpa

They may be a top 5 team in the state but a top 25 team in the nation is pushing it.

They are a top 2 team in the state, and until tonight you couldn't tell me the national recognition wasn't deserved. Now hopefully they can stop the hype and get back to business just like last year. Bottom line is they are 34-3 in there last 37 games dating back to right after the loss to NCC last season. That is good I don't care who you are

If Boone shoots FT's just decently its a 18 to 20 point game. Atrocious.

So I guess Holmes shooting poorly from the free throw line shouldn't be noted right? :rolleyes: To make a statement like that is ridiculous.

Again, Holmes was 1-10 from the line at point in the first quarter. Let's not act like Boone was just that much superior because anyone who saw Holmes tonight knows they struggled from the free throw line mightily and missed A LOT of WIDE OPEN shots around the rim.

Yes, Pittman was definately hurt. One of the Holmes assistant coaches had Pittman squeeze his hand, but Pittman was in a little too much pain. I believe that is why he was out.

Flotsam, this was an upset. I did not look at the thread but I guarentee you Eta was not the only one who picked them to win.

From having only seen Holmes a play a couple times this year, I constantly am wondering what the Arnold kids problem is...does he think he is a superstar or that running his mouth does anything? IMO he doesn't have anything to back it up with. Pittman is a different story. Why can't the Holmes players feed off of R. Johnson's maturity. McFarland is five times the player that Arnold kid is. NO REASON FOR HIM TO RUN HIS MOUTH. Getting in someone's head is one thing. Pushing and shoving when no one is looking accomplishes nothing but making him look foolish and immature. If he wants to be as great as some thinks he can be he better figure out how to play with some respect.

Question for those better informed than I...Why does R. Johnson not take games like this one over? The kid is an absolute freak athletically and I have witnessed his spurts of greatness but he never seems to take control of games throughout the game....I know he has a talented supporting cast but when no one else is stepping up shouldn't he be wanting the ball and scoring at will? At least I would expect this if he is as highly touted recruit as I've read about on here. Does he play differently in AAU?

So I guess Holmes shooting poorly from the free throw line shouldn't be noted right? :rolleyes: To make a statement like that is ridiculous.

Again, Holmes was 1-10 from the line at point in the first quarter. Let's not act like Boone was just that much superior because anyone who saw Holmes tonight knows they struggled from the free throw line mightily and missed A LOT of WIDE OPEN shots around the rim.

Wow. I didn't realize Holmes even had 10 FTs in the first quarter.

How do you know all these stats yet miss your star player almost breaking his wrist?