Boone County 45 Holmes 38

LRCW

From having only seen Holmes a play a couple times this year, I constantly am wondering what the Arnold kids problem is...does he think he is a superstar or that running his mouth does anything? IMO he doesn't have anything to back it up with. Pittman is a different story. Why can't the Holmes players feed off of R. Johnson's maturity. McFarland is five times the player that Arnold kid is. NO REASON FOR HIM TO RUN HIS MOUTH. Getting in someone's head is one thing. Pushing and shoving when no one is looking accomplishes nothing but making him look foolish and immature. If he wants to be as great as some thinks he can be he better figure out how to play with some respect.

Arnold is a sophomore...Mcfarland is a senior. So your comment about Mcfarland being 5 times the player of Arnold holds little merit. And the tech. called on him was horrible...both he and Mcfarland were running for the ball, Mcfarland stopped to shield Arnold from going for the ball and Arnold couldn't slow down in time to keep from running in to him. It wasn't a shove as you proclaim.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I guess Holmes shooting poorly from the free throw line shouldn't be noted right? :rolleyes: To make a statement like that is ridiculous.

Again, Holmes was 1-10 from the line at point in the first quarter. Let's not act like Boone was just that much superior because anyone who saw Holmes tonight knows they struggled from the free throw line mightily and missed A LOT of WIDE OPEN shots around the rim.

You watched a different game than I did. Boone contested EVERY shot.

Yes, although it sounds odd, its good for a team to lose a game this time of year, it kind of puts some starch back into their game.

While I don't think Boone would get as lucky the second time around I'm not too surprised that Holmes lost one more before the tounrament. Better now than a month from now.

You watched a different game than I did. Boone contested EVERY shot.

Boone contested alot of shots but contested or not JJ missed at least 3 lay-ups himself, Holmes was around the rim quite a few times and didn't finish. They they got frustrated and started shooting jumpshots.

Arnold is a sophomore...Mcfarland is a senior. So your comment about Mcfarland being 5 times the player of Arnold holds little merit. And the tech. called on him was horrible...both he and Mcfarland were running for the ball, Mcfarland stopped to shield Arnold from going for the ball and Arnold couldn't slow down in time to keep from running in to him. It wasn't a shove as you proclaim.

Eta, no way. This should have been intentional or technical. I like Keyvon as a kid and used to coach him. His emotions got the best of him and he shoved McFarland into the first row. No reason for that. Posters, overal Keyvon is a good kid and loves bball, but still has a lot to learn. Give the kid break guys, btu also Eta don't look past this call. This was a good call and this was one of the better reffed games you'll see all season.

I'm going to say it now...I think Cambell can give Holmes some trouble. I think they're similar to Boone minus the point play....Nyrle? is a stud. Could be way off here.

To respond to Holmes being ranked nationally....Princeton would absolutely DOMINATE Holmes. I don't believe they could play with a lot of teams that match their size because of Pittman's unwillingness to play in the post. Also, he is not strong enought to guard solid, strong post players for an entire game without rest IMO.

to all the "stall ball", whiner posts.

Yeah, Boone wasn't running down and jacking up quick shots, but neither was Holmes. Holmes did nothing to push the pace of the game until about 2-3 minutes to go in the contest when they finally started utilizing their superior athleticism with a full-court trapping defense.

Does Henley even employ an offensive scheme? There were 5-6 possessions on the night where Holmes simply passed the ball around the perimeter for 40+ seconds without making a single pick or cut. Still not sure I ever saw any possessions resembling any type of offensive execution. 90% of their offense was simply penetrating and either taking it up or kicking it out for a shot.

Boone, conversely, had purpose in their halfcourt sets and executed them very well; getting open look after open look on baseline screens and UCLA cuts. Gabbard controlled the ball very well against Holmes' pressure.

Yeah, Boone flourished in the halfcourt game, but they didn't "stall" it anymore than Holmes did- that's a homer excuse. "Stalling" the ball is running the ole Dean Smith 4 corners or just dribble and kicking it out all night while passing on open looks, Boone did none of that.

Boone simply played with poise and out executed Holmes. End of story.

Very good post.

People can continue to doubt Holmes all they want after ONE LOSS. They did the same thing after Holmes lost to Bryan Station and then Holmes thumped BS by 18 in a rematch.

Enjoy the win Boone fans . Your team deserved it.

As for all of the fans calling Holmes overrated...have your glory tonight. See you at Rupp in a few weeks. :thumb::ylsuper:

Yeah but it's how your playing now. (Example Scott Co)

Febuary 10th doesn't matter either way you look at it, drop Holmes out of the whole top 20 for all I care. The only thing that matters is who is representing the 9th at Rupp, and who hoists the trophy at the end of the year. That is a month from now, so it matters how you are playing then.