Boone County 45 Holmes 38

LRCW

Congrats to Boone! This proves that when kids who are 16-17 don't show up to play at their best every game, thwy will be beaten by a good team.

Boone has to be one of the favorites, along with Holmes, to win the 9th now!

Looks like Scott County and Eastern are playing the best ball at this time and have to be 1-2 going into the districts!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People can continue to doubt Holmes all they want after ONE LOSS. They did the same thing after Holmes lost to Bryan Station and then Holmes thumped BS by 18 in a rematch.

Enjoy the win Boone fans . Your team deserved it.

As for all of the fans calling Holmes overrated...have your glory tonight. See you at Rupp in a few weeks. :thumb::ylsuper:

Just a few weeks ago some said that Holmes had this region locked up. :sssh:

I'm going to say it now...I think Cambell can give Holmes some trouble. I think they're similar to Boone minus the point play....Nyrle? is a stud. Could be way off here.

To respond to Holmes being ranked nationally....Princeton would absolutely DOMINATE Holmes. I don't believe they could play with a lot of teams that match their size because of Pittman's unwillingness to play in the post. Also, he is not strong enought to guard solid, strong post players for an entire game without rest IMO.

See Scott Co and Franklin Co. They have just as much size as Princeton and Holmes beat them with Pittman dominating in the post.

Just a few weeks ago some said that Holmes had this region locked up. :sssh:

I think they still have the region locked up. They lost a regular season game. UK can lose to Miss St, Florida, South Carolina and those guys and still win the SEC tournament right? Then Holmes can lose to Boone and still win the 9th.

I think they still have the region locked up. They lost a regular season game. UK can lose to Miss St, Florida, South Carolina and those guys and still win the SEC tournament right? Then Holmes can lose to Boone and still win the 9th.

Okay..then we shall see. I think this gives Boone Co HUGE mo going into postseason play.

See Scott Co and Franklin Co. They have just as much size as Princeton and Holmes beat them with Pittman dominating in the post.

You played Scott Co. two months ago. Alot has changed since then. But keep living on that win, you will probably need it tonight to help you sleep.

Holmes has the athletes no doubt. IMO I question their mental toughness and if they have the mindset to win a state title. If it was a dunk contest and a pick up game I think Holmes wins 9 out of 10 and is tough to beat. I think that Holmes is easy to control and get into their head when their type of game isn't being played. But like Eta said yesterday, I was crazy for Mason not having the athlete's and being able to matchup with the Lions; but what do I know.

Okay..then we shall see. I think this gives Boone Co HUGE mo going into postseason play.

I can promise you if they play at BOK Holmes will not be nearly as flat as they were tonight. Henley will use this as a coaching tool, you never want to lose a game, but if you are going to lose one, lose in Feb and learn from it.

You played Scott Co. two months ago. Alot has changed since then. But keep living on that win, you will probably need it tonight to help you sleep.

You line these two teams up 10 time Holmes will win 8 of 10, Boone played well tonight and Holmes didn't bottom line. Heck the Knicks beat the Celtics this year too, upsets happen, but better now than when it counts, all I need to sleep is knowing that there very well could be a rematch in a month.

Eta, no way. This should have been intentional or technical. I like Keyvon as a kid and used to coach him. His emotions got the best of him and he shoved McFarland into the first row. No reason for that. Posters, overal Keyvon is a good kid and loves bball, but still has a lot to learn. Give the kid break guys, btu also Eta don't look past this call. This was a good call and this was one of the better reffed games you'll see all season.

Please tell me your being sarcastic?:eyeonyou: It looked like Boone had 8 players on the court most of the game tonight. They did a good job of protecting McFarland, he should have fouled out about half way through the third.

All season the top teams in the state have remained the same. And even with Holmes losing it still remains the same. Elliot Co fans can run there mouth a little bit now. But when they lost to Shelby Valley, Holmes fans were boasting also about there team and how they were number one. If you ask me Scott Co is still the #1 team, but I kind think we'll see them upset before State. Just my opinion. Could Holmes lose again??? Sure. Could it be to Boone? Maybe. Could it be to NCC, maybe but doubtful. Could it be to themselves????? Hmmmmm.

Guess what Im trying to say is all the fans of every team need to look at the fact. Its Kentucky High School Basketball, nothing is ever guarenteed and crazy things happen every year.