Road Conditions

malachicrunch

Its really getting crazy around the Danville area. There is ice all over everything. Trees are down all over the city. I have some good pics, but I'm not sure how to post them on here because they are so large. They just declared a state of emergency in Lancaster and asked for everyone to stay at home until further notice.

I am just praying that I can get through the UK game with power!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really getting crazy around the Danville area. There is ice all over everything. Trees are down all over the city. I have some good pics, but I'm not sure how to post them on here because they are so large. They just declared a state of emergency in Lancaster and asked for everyone to stay at home until further notice.

I am just praying that I can get through the UK game with power!

I just talked to my brother - who lives in Danville - and he told me that they haven't had lights since this morning. He said that the tree in their front yard is dropping limbs like crazy and while he was talking to me a big limb fell over their ramp/deck in the front of their house. He said that they aren't too cold yet but it was starting to get there. I pray that the lights come back on soon.

I live in southern Indiana and the roads aren't that terrific here. MrRk took me to work this morning, I work in Jeffersonville and he went to work in Georgetown, Indiana. We didn't get home until after 6 tongiht. The are calling for freezing rain (which we are getting now) more snow ......so we may or may not get to work tomorrow.

When I left for work this morning @ 5:30-ish, the my street was awful, Bardstown Road was "OK" and Broadway was relatively good. I left work tonight @ 6:30-ish, and I just got home. Broadway is pretty good, as is Bardstown Road. My street, on the other hand, is treacherous. Thankfully I was walking, because it's a solid sheet of ice where the tire tracks are, and only the middle can be walked. The sidewalks are solid ice where people have been walking. I got nailed in the back by a falling chunk-o-ice, so I'm glad to be inside!

Hearsay, Richmond has already started breaking down, I would expect much more of this in other areas.

For you BGPers in Richmond, I would recomend staying in. The roads aren't too bad, but the ice accumulation has caused a majority of the city to lose power; the Richmond Bypass, Lancaster Avenue, and the downtown area were all just without power and are frankly horrible with the downed lines and trees when I came home. My normal 5 minute drive just took 30 due to detours and such. Things could get ugly...

EKU appears to have not lost any power.

I don't know about Morehead, I haven't heard any reports of power outages in Eastern Kentucky, but I just talked to my mom who lives in Louisville and she said her power has went off twice but is back now. My cellphone doesn't work right, now. It wont let me call out, nor will it let my roommate call out. Thank goodness for text messaging

I can't get ahold of my son in Evansville. That's worrisome. I can't get ahold of his fiancee either. :eek:

I tried to tell my boss I may not be in tomorrow, if I can't get down the steps from my door to the street (there's 16 of them). He wasn't happy about that. I'm going to have to try my hardest. I'm kinda ticked because I was there this morning, when a lot of other people called in, and I've not taken a sick day in over a year. :irked:

The NKY roads are terrible right now....It looks like UKMF may not have work again tomorrow....

I went into work today but a few hours late. This time back I couldn't even make it up my road let alone my driveway. I would be willing to bet my car is stuck in the morning.

I can't get ahold of my son in Evansville. That's worrisome. I can't get ahold of his fiancee either. :eek:

I tried to tell my boss I may not be in tomorrow, if I can't get down the steps from my door to the street (there's 16 of them). He wasn't happy about that. I'm going to have to try my hardest. I'm kinda ticked because I was there this morning, when a lot of other people called in, and I've not taken a sick day in over a year. :irked:

Be careful tomorrow Rockmom. There is suppose to be more ice/sleet south in central KY than NKY. I hope you can reach your son and his fiancee and all is well. We did ask our son to stay home if it is icy, even if they don't cancel classes at NKU.