Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry 60 Covington Holy Cross 47

Featured Replies

St. Henry looked good tonight. I think coach Faust went with a very good starting lineup in the second half. He limited his bench in the second half to 7 players basicially getting most of the minutes with 2 other players coming in for short periods to rest the 7. Speed, Swikert, Zumdick, the seniors turned it on in second half with good defense and offense. Bessler and Hils were the other two both juniors who played key roles in second half in IMO. Plus Anderson and I believe it was Volz not sure of spelling, Kept the intensity going in the second half. Very good win for St. Henry, Holy Cross did not adapt well when St. Henry changed the tempo of the game. I sat on the HC side and it got very quiet on that side in second half. Good luck to St. Henry the rest of the way.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for the Cru. Holy Cross isn't going to be able to rely on 45 ppg all year. Eventually the coach is going to have to realize slowing the ball down isn't going to win them very many games and they're going to have to be more aggressive offensively.

 

Why do you assume that? If you score more points than the other team, then you win the game. So if Holy Cross is able to slow the game down and score fourty-five points per game and they hold their opponent to less, then they win. I don't see anything wrong with their offense as long as they capitalize possessions and play good defense which they were unable to do in the 2nd half of yesterday's game.

I keep beating the dead horse when it comes to St. Henry they bring it this time of year.:deadhorse:

Why do you assume that? If you score more points than the other team, then you win the game. So if Holy Cross is able to slow the game down and score fourty-five points per game and they hold their opponent to less, then they win. I don't see anything wrong with their offense as long as they capitalize possessions and play good defense which they were unable to do in the 2nd half of yesterday's game.

 

Honestly the coach needs to let the players play the game. Giwa would THRIVE in an uptempo offense. Goetz is handicapping him by slowing the team down and allowing teams to set their defense up. Imo they need to try and get in transition as much as possible and force the tempo since their offense really isn't that great to begin with. Good coaches will find ways to beat that slow down offense. See Holmes, St. Henry, and Brossart as perfect examples.

Honestly the coach needs to let the players play the game. Giwa would THRIVE in an uptempo offense. Goetz is handicapping him by slowing the team down and allowing teams to set their defense up. Imo they need to try and get in transition as much as possible and force the tempo since their offense really isn't that great to begin with. Good coaches will find ways to beat that slow down offense. See Holmes, St. Henry, and Brossart as perfect examples.

 

I understand what your saying. Holy Cross's coach needs to coach to what he has. The slow sort of play works well with some teams (such as Brossart). All that I was saying is that Holy Cross has been successful in some games with such offense, but some games it has killed them. What your saying is valid, good point.

I understand what your saying. Holy Cross's coach needs to coach to what he has. The slow sort of play works well with some teams (such as Brossart). All that I was saying is that Holy Cross has been successful in some games with such offense, but some games it has killed them. What your saying is valid, good point.

 

I agree. They have been successful in some games using the slow down offense, Ryle is a perfect example.

 

I think Giwa running a more uptempo offense would really spark that team though and make them tough. Goetz has to realize he has one of the quickest players in the region and that slowing the game down isn't utilizing him properly.

 

Put Giwa on a team like Holmes, Beechwood, Boone, or even Conner who like to force the tempo and you'd see him flourish.

Maybe I am out of place, but does this remind anyone who knows Hc football of the way we run the ball and are conservative, in turn not utilizing any of the weapons. I am not trying to start a drawn out convo, but come on coaches at HC, let the boys play!! :lol:

Speed is very very good.

 

Everything he put up in the 4th went in. Clutch plays, and a good number of them.

Maybe I am out of place, but does this remind anyone who knows Hc football of the way we run the ball and are conservative, in turn not utilizing any of the weapons. I am not trying to start a drawn out convo, but come on coaches at HC, let the boys play!! :lol:

 

When HC had Bibbins, Lantry, Busse, Laible (sp?), Steenken, Sorrell (sophomore), and co. they were good as they were because the coach let them play and get out and run.

 

I think it's time Goetz does the same with this group.

When HC had Bibbins, Lantry, Busse, Laible (sp?), Steenken, Sorrell (sophomore), and co. they were good as they were because the coach let them play and get out and run.

 

I think it's time Goetz does the same with this group.

 

Lol I hope you aren't trying to compare these two teams' talent levels?

When HC had Bibbins, Lantry, Busse, Laible (sp?), Steenken, Sorrell (sophomore), and co. they were good as they were because the coach let them play and get out and run.

 

I think it's time Goetz does the same with this group.

 

He doesn't have the athletes nor the skill players to run.

St. Henry may win the whole 9th region All "A" tourney IMO.

Lol I hope you aren't trying to compare these two teams' talent levels?

 

He doesn't have the athletes nor the skill players to run.

 

Definely not comparing talent levels. That HC team in 05 was loaded with talent. Just saying with a player like Giwa you'd think Goetz would want to run more to get him in transition and create easy opportunities to score.

 

I wouldn't necessarily say HC doesn't have the skill players or athletes to run. Giwa is one of the best athletes in nky and Eastin, Egan, and Trimpe really aren't that bad of athletes.

Definely not comparing talent levels. That HC team in 05 was loaded with talent. Just saying with a player like Giwa you'd think Goetz would want to run more to get him in transition and create easy opportunities to score.

 

I wouldn't necessarily say HC doesn't have the skill players or athletes to run. Giwa is one of the best athletes in nky and Eastin, Egan, and Trimpe really aren't that bad of athletes.

 

Coming into this season I don't think most people who really knew what Holy Cross had expected them to even do as well as they've done. This is a style that works for them. Sure, it's going to blow up sometimes and not work, but it gives them the opportunity to upset a team like Ryle and almost Scott. Holy Cross could also be very dangerous if their shooters (Trimpe, Eastin, Lea) ever get hot from the outside.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.