St. Henry 60 Covington Holy Cross 47

Coming into this season I don't think most people who really knew what Holy Cross had expected them to even do as well as they've done. This is a style that works for them. Sure, it's going to blow up sometimes and not work, but it gives them the opportunity to upset a team like Ryle and almost Scott. Holy Cross could also be very dangerous if their shooters (Trimpe, Eastin, Lea) ever get hot from the outside.

Agreed Holy Cross hasn't really shot very well the whole year. If they start shooting well from the outside especially in big games I think they could surprise even more people.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When HC had Bibbins, Lantry, Busse, Laible (sp?), Steenken, Sorrell (sophomore), and co. they were good as they were because the coach let them play and get out and run.

I think it's time Goetz does the same with this group.

Bibbins had graduated the year before, but they did have all of the others mentioned as well as Scruggs and Jimmy Ryan as both juniors.

Holy Cross could also be very dangerous if their shooters (Trimpe, Eastin, Lea) ever get hot from the outside.

If you haven't been/can't get hot from the outside, do you really have "shooters?"

Isn't this why Coach Goetz runs the cutting/backdoor type O?

I'm talking about the 04/05 team. Not 05/06.

Well then your talking about the wrong players...Lantry and Laible were both JV players that year, Busse had to sit out after transferring from Scott, and Sorrel was a freshman at Cov Cath that year. The year of 04/05 they had Bibbins, Trame, Mando, Wesseling, etc....Also Ryan and Scruggs did play a little that year as sophomores. Also, they were coached by Dan Trame. Goetz's first year of coaching was the 05/06 season. :confused:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

If you haven't been/can't get hot from the outside, do you really have "shooters?"

Isn't this why Coach Goetz runs the cutting/backdoor type O?

Point well taken.

These guys have shown the ability to get hot and hit some threes however, but when they don't it does make it much tougher for the Indians to score. The best way to stop that back door/cutting style offense is to be able to sag off and crowd the lane, which obviously gives Holy Cross all types of outside looks. I'm not saying to expect it out of the Indians, but they do have the capability and if they do then they would be very dangerous.