St. Henry 60 Covington Holy Cross 47

St. Henry struggle in the first half trailing 19-15 at the half. And only scored 4 of the 19 in the first quarter. Then Cameron Speed took over in the 4th quarter. Big win for the Cru. Now they move on to play Lloyd again on Wednesday, hoping for NCC in the Semis Friday.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for the Cru. Holy Cross isn't going to be able to rely on 45 ppg all year. Eventually the coach is going to have to realize slowing the ball down isn't going to win them very many games and they're going to have to be more aggressive offensively.

Just got back from the game and was waiting for a thread because I left about 30 seconds left in the game and did not know the final score. HC didn't slow it down, they just got shut down by good defense and sloppy, I mean sloppy shots, sloppy passing, just played a horrible 2nd half!!! :ohbrother:

Coach Faust just conducted his usual All A coaching clinic

Totally agreed. I think I've seen him coach against Goetz 3 or 4 times. Each time the game has been won in the 2nd half. Tells me how good a coach is when you see those great adjustments at halftime.

Also I'm guessing Speed's ankle is going to be sore tomorrow, but he looked great tonight.

Just got back from the game and was waiting for a thread because I left about 30 seconds left in the game and did not know the final score. HC didn't slow it down, they just got shut down by good defense and sloppy, I mean sloppy shots, sloppy passing, just played a horrible 2nd half!!! :ohbrother:

You either weren't there or didn't see what was going on... HC did slow it down, but yes they did play sloppy.

Congrats to St. Henry on the win. They made plays when they needed to, and they have a real chance on winning it all now.

looks like my prediction was right. St. Henry pushed it in the second half, judging by the jump in score, and holy cross didn't get to 50. It's definitely time for HC to speed up their game, they have the talent to do it, it shows in sparks during games. I think it would definitely widen the range of teams they can play with. Good win for st. Henry.

IDK but they sure did need it. The refs were horrible... Although, I don't know if a third ref would make up for some of the calls being made.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the refs at all as St. Henry was the better team tonight but the refs didn't help.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the refs at all as St. Henry was the better team tonight but the refs didn't help.

Yeah it wasn't all one-sided the refs made bad calls on each side. They went down the tubes with the rest of the game in the second half. It was just all around a terrible game to watch.

Holy Cross 10 9 8 20 47

St. Henry 4 11 15 30 60

All 'A' Classic 9th Region First Round at Newport

Holy Cross (11-7) -- Lea 5, Fortner 3, Volpenhine 2, Egan 3, Easton 6, Sullivan 8, Trimpei 6, Giwa 14.

St. Henry (9-8) -- Anderson 2, Volv 6, Hills 2, Swikert 13, Speed 19, Beffler 6, Vumdick 11, Eisengmger 2

Wow St. Henry has a 4 point 1st qtr and a 30 pt 4th?

The game was 30-27 going into the 4th quarter. And I would say if you were there it seemed like St. Henry was up more than just 10-13 at the end, it had the feeling of a major blowout in the 4th quarter. But I give St. Henry some credit. For having such a slow start, the matched there first 3 quarters alone in the 4th quarter. Much of this was due to Speed and others at the free throw line.

Also a very nice game played by Sr. Joey Swikert. He attacked the basket right off the bat when he came in the game. If he limits his turnovers and keeps doing that he'll be looking at his 2nd all tourny team.