Fleming County at Elliott County Cancelled Tonight

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, Fleming County is not scared of Elliott Co. For gosh sakes people it is just Elliott Co. Yes, at this point and time they have probably the best team in the area and possibly one of the better teams in the state. But it is still just Elliott Co. Not a name associated with basketball that strikes fear in your heart. Go play your best, take your whipping and know that down the road it will still just be Elliott Co., beat them in the year you match up (which shouldn't be long for Fleming). Now granted there are teams around the state that you know simply reload every year and are going to bring it each and every year. While I'm glad to see a smaller county school do well you guys do not fall into that category and Fleming probably never will either. I will admit that winning and success in the present can go a long way towards winning in the future however, you all (at least some fans) are giving yourselves way too much credit if you think other schools or a school are so awed of your team that they are scared to play. Most players and coaches consider it a challange to compete against one of the better teams even if a loss is almost certain. Enjoy your success (as you should) but it won't be that long before you are returning to Earth.

They were scared.

Believe me, Fleming County is not scared of Elliott Co. For gosh sakes people it is just Elliott Co. Yes, at this point and time they have probably the best team in the area and possibly one of the better teams in the state. But it is still just Elliott Co. Not a name associated with basketball that strikes fear in your heart. Go play your best, take your whipping and know that down the road it will still just be Elliott Co., beat them in the year you match up (which shouldn't be long for Fleming). Now granted there are teams around the state that you know simply reload every year and are going to bring it each and every year. While I'm glad to see a smaller county school do well you guys do not fall into that category and Fleming probably never will either. I will admit that winning and success in the present can go a long way towards winning in the future however, you all (at least some fans) are giving yourselves way too much credit if you think other schools or a school are so awed of your team that they are scared to play. Most players and coaches consider it a challange to compete against one of the better teams even if a loss is almost certain. Enjoy your success (as you should) but it won't be that long before you are returning to Earth.

They were scared.

They were scared? Do you have a personal relationship with the coaches and players on this team that would give you the information you need to know they were scared? This Fleming County team is full of nothing but fighters and even though they might have lost you can trust me when i say they are not scared to play anybody

They were scared? Do you have a personal relationship with the coaches and players on this team that would give you the information you need to know they were scared? This Fleming County team is full of nothing but fighters and even though they might have lost you can trust me when i say they are not scared to play anybody

Maybe the coaches or the AD was scared for the players? I mean come on how does it look to call off a game for weather and show up at another game.

You all just don't get it do you? When individuals make a choice to go somewhere in extremely cold weather it is one thing. It is not the same thing has a school district being held liable for a group of kids. In today's society one little thing goes wrong and your district is front page news and being sued. If your district is called off that day (right or wrong) and they felt the weather was to severe to attend school why in the world would you send a group off in the same weather for a ballgame? It's just a ballgame for goodness sakes. Would everyone be upset if it was an academic match that was cancelled? It is becoming like Lord of the Flies up in Elliott Co. Civilization is breaking down. I guess fans could not handle one night without the ceremonial bloodletting and have freaked out. Like others I am done arguing about this. You cannot argue with young I.Q.'s

To sum it up, there was really no good reason to cancel game. Elliott does not have an "ego" problem when it comes to Fleming County. Getting to play Fleming will not make or break the season, and for the poster saying there was nothing else to do in Elliott County that night, Flemingsburg is not exactly the Commonwealth's hot spot. It is game against a regional opponent. I would think Fleming County would welcome the chance to test themselves against the top team in the region. I guess we will find out if the reschedule. Elliott County gave up some games against other opponents to honor regional contracts. I hope the game is rescheduled.