KY's Best Juniors???

Ricardo is the best player in the state and on the best team in the state. He is the total package. He can get his teammates involved, rebound, control the game from the point, and take over if he has to. He is to unselfish IMO. He could get 20 a game if he wanted on whoever you put out there, but he let's it come to him. Top it all off, he is a great student and shows no emotion on the court and always keeps his composure.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Jackson will be the best college player, more raw talent. He will be a top 10 player at his position next year IMO.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on that. If we're talking "raw talent" Pittman of Holmes is hands down the best in the state, regardless of position and will be the highest rated recruit next year in the state. He hasn't even begun to peak yet and at 6'7 is no where near done growing. He has ATLEAST 2 or 3 more inches in him. His dad is 6'8 or 6'9.

On the other hand, Jackson is probably the most polished player in his class for his position. (PG) I'd take Guyn over Jackson any day though. Jackson isn't a consistent enough scorer IMO.

Ricardo Johnson is the best ALL AROUND player in the state for his class. As someone said in a previous post, he could easily average 20 a game but he is too unselfish. He can play ANY position on the floor at 6'5 and still dominate. He is very cool, calm, and collected on the court. You'll never see him lose his composure.

I agree with last few posts. Euton is Jared Carter in the making, maybe worst.

He's a :walk: on.

No way Cater was the player in high school that Euton is today. They are night and day. If you are talking about playing time at UK granted Carter doesn't come of the bench but his high school talent does not compair.

So maybe at the beginning of the year when Scott County wasn't meshing together

yet, Jackson didnt look as good as the two Holmes stars, but right now he looks like the best true point guard in the state. Also, he's an extremely versatile player , he can play the point , or go post a man up. He scores at will when he feels like since no one can really defend him and hes the most unselfish player on the team.

I'll eat my words if i'm wrong but Chad Jackson is gonna be the best college player out of this junior class. Who doesn't want a point guard as good and as smooth as this guy. His size and build is great for this position too. I guess only time will tell, but on a team loaded with talent, Chad Jackson has started rise above the rest of the team and he will be the key to Scott County's run at the state title.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on that. If we're talking "raw talent" Pittman of Holmes is hands down the best in the state, regardless of position and will be the highest rated recruit next year in the state. He hasn't even begun to peak yet and at 6'7 is no where near done growing. He has ATLEAST 2 or 3 more inches in him. His dad is 6'8 or 6'9.

On the other hand, Jackson is probably the most polished player in his class for his position. (PG) I'd take Guyn over Jackson any day though. Jackson isn't a consistent enough scorer IMO.

Ricardo Johnson is the best ALL AROUND player in the state for his class. As someone said in a previous post, he could easily average 20 a game but he is too unselfish. He can play ANY position on the floor at 6'5 and still dominate. He is very cool, calm, and collected on the court. You'll never see him lose his composure.

I agree with this statement. It is simply up to him as to how good a player he becomes. Right now he plays above the square. In a day where many parents hold their kids back a grade in order to get an age advantage Pttman is a junior and only 16. He will probably grow more and will definately gain strength in his upper body in the next few years.

So maybe at the beginning of the year when Scott County wasn't meshing together

yet, Jackson didnt look as good as the two Holmes stars, but right now he looks like the best true point guard in the state. Also, he's an extremely versatile player , he can play the point , or go post a man up. He scores at will when he feels like since no one can really defend him and hes the most unselfish player on the team.

I'll eat my words if i'm wrong but Chad Jackson is gonna be the best college player out of this junior class. Who doesn't want a point guard as good and as smooth as this guy. His size and build is great for this position too. I guess only time will tell, but on a team loaded with talent, Chad Jackson has started rise above the rest of the team and he will be the key to Scott County's run at the state title.

I wouldn't say Jackson is able to score at will. He is good at driving and getting in the lane and athletic as they come, but lacks an outside shot. I agree he might be the best POINT GUARD in the state for his class. I also wouldn't say nobody can defend him. Arnold of Holmes, who's only a sophomore, held Jackson in check defensively. Jackson struggles against a bigger defender. (See the Holmes game...both J. Johnson and Arnold were bigger than him and gave him fits)

With that said though, I do think Jackson will be successful at the next level, along with Guyn. I personally think Guyn will be the best of the trio though. That's one kid I really enjoy watching play ball.

I agree with this statement. It is simply up to him as to how good a player he becomes. Right now he plays above the square. In a day where many parents hold their kids back a grade in order to get an age advantage Pttman is a junior and only 16. He will probably grow more and will definately gain strength in his upper body in the next few years.

I agree. It's really up to him how good he can be. At times he looks like a MCdonald's All American (Not exaggerating), but other times he can look bad. When he finally puts it all together, nobody in the state will be able to play with him IMO.

I think it is the Chris Lofton rule. After we let Lofton slip through the cracks, and burn us for four years, there is a lot of pressure on the coach of Kentucky to secure all of the in-state kids.

If Euton turns out to be a bust at UK, Coach G will catch flack. If he goes elsewhere and puts 20 on the Cats, Coach G will catch flack, as well.

What do you do?

You get the number one recruiting class in the country that same year, just like Tubby did.

That's great he has more room to grow, but Jackson just came to a coaching staff that develops players better than any other in the state. Anyone that watched Guyn last year will tell you that he had an awful jumper. Over the summer, work on it, now he has an outstanding mid-range game and is probably shooting high 20's, low 30's percentage wise on his three point shot. Jackson is by far the best rebounding point guard in the state, his vision is absolutely insane, and has ridiculous takeover ability. Do you think the reason he doesn't score may be because he has three studs to give the ball to on that team. When he wants to score, he does. Also, never in a game have I seen Jackson's facial expression change. No matter wether he gets a steal or commits a turnover, its always the same. Just see what i'm talking about next year when he develops his jump shot to be just as good as Guyn's over the summer.

This class should win the Kentucky vs Indiana all star game. This will be the best class in a long time.

Don't get ahead of yourslef Hulk. Indiana is loaded in 2010 also.

Deshaun Thomas is the #2 SF in the country and has verbaled to Ohio St.

Dominique Ferguson 6'9" SF signed with UK. He reminds me of a quicker Pittman.

Russell Byrd signed with Mich St. 6'7" shooting guard.

Justin Martin 6'7" SF signed with Louisville.

Lawarence North HS is one of the best in the country this year and they have 5 juniors all expected to go D-1.

KY has good shot to beat Indiana but this still will be tough to do.

Elijah Justice could play his way into the top 6 or 7 by next year. He is very talented and works extremely hard. Walton GA had a junior point gaurd that had committed to NC state...I think his name was Harrow....Justice out played him head to head on both ends of the floor.

That's great he has more room to grow, but Jackson just came to a coaching staff that develops players better than any other in the state. Anyone that watched Guyn last year will tell you that he had an awful jumper. Over the summer, work on it, now he has an outstanding mid-range game and is probably shooting high 20's, low 30's percentage wise on his three point shot. Jackson is by far the best rebounding point guard in the state, his vision is absolutely insane, and has ridiculous takeover ability. Do you think the reason he doesn't score may be because he has three studs to give the ball to on that team. When he wants to score, he does. Also, never in a game have I seen Jackson's facial expression change. No matter wether he gets a steal or commits a turnover, its always the same. Just see what i'm talking about next year when he develops his jump shot to be just as good as Guyn's over the summer.
Derek, that is a big statement.

I think it is the Chris Lofton rule. After we let Lofton slip through the cracks, and burn us for four years, there is a lot of pressure on the coach of Kentucky to secure all of the in-state kids.

If Euton turns out to be a bust at UK, Coach G will catch flack. If he goes elsewhere and puts 20 on the Cats, Coach G will catch flack, as well.

What do you do?

Honestly if we want to talk about in state players contributing to a team in college you look at WKU. AJ Slaughter and Stephon Pettigrew are starters and big time scores for the Toppers, just ask U of L about them. No point in some of these kids rotting on the bench with the other 7 walk ons at CKU.

On this topic though I would say Pittman is top of the list by far. Also, dont count out Vance Hall at Franklin County he has loads of talent and potential.

Ricardo is the best player in the state and on the best team in the state. He is the total package. He can get his teammates involved, rebound, control the game from the point, and take over if he has to. He is to unselfish IMO. He could get 20 a game if he wanted on whoever you put out there, but he let's it come to him. Top it all off, he is a great student and shows no emotion on the court and always keeps his composure.

I agree, he will be the best college player to come from this class where ever he ends up, he is the real deal!