Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY's Best Juniors???

Featured Replies

Who are the juniors having outstanding seasons? Mr. Basketball candidates for next year?

 

Euton - Scott Co.

Jackson - Scott Co.

Watts- McCreary Central

Josh Whitaker - Hazard

Elijah Justice - Shelby Valley

Cosby - J-town

Pittman - Holmes (I think one of the other Holmes kids is a junior too)

 

others?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the juniors having outstanding seasons? Mr. Basketball candidates for next year?

 

Euton - Scott Co.

Jackson - Scott Co.

Watts- McCreary Central

Josh Whitaker - Hazard

Elijah Justice - Shelby Valley

Cosby - J-town

Pittman - Holmes (I think one of the other Holmes kids is a junior too)

 

others?

 

Ricardo Johnson - Holmes

Ricardo Johnson - Holmes

 

I was going to say Ricardo also. Both Ricardo and Pittman are getting big D-1 looks.

Rico and Pittman are :fight:the best!!!

If I had to rank and from what I've heard from several scouts/recruiters:

 

1. Elijah Pittman (Holmes)

2. Ricardo Johnson (Holmes)

3. Ge'Lawn Guyn (Scott Co)

4. Aaron Cosby (J'town)

5. Chad Jackson (Scott Co)

 

IMO those are the 5 best juniors in KY. While the others are very good, none seem to stick out as much as those 5 do.

 

This was in Ryan Ernst (Cincinnati Enquirer) blog a few days ago about Pittman:

 

I was recently talking to a college coach about Holmes junior Elijah Pittman. He allowed that Pittman didn't just have a frame to play Division I basketball, but that he had an "NBA frame." That might sound like silly talk to be coming out of Northern Kentucky, but the kid's 6-7 -- and probably not done growing -- with a 7-foot wingspan. So, yeah.

If I had to rank and from what I've heard from several scouts/recruiters:

 

1. Elijah Pittman (Holmes)

2. Ricardo Johnson (Holmes)

3. Ge'Lawn Guyn (Scott Co)

4. Aaron Cosby (J'town)

5. Chad Jackson (Scott Co)

 

IMO those are the 5 best juniors in KY. While the others are very good, none seem to stick out as much as those 5 do.

 

This was in Ryan Ernst (Cincinnati Enquirer) blog a few days ago about Pittman:

 

I was recently talking to a college coach about Holmes junior Elijah Pittman. He allowed that Pittman didn't just have a frame to play Division I basketball, but that he had an "NBA frame." That might sound like silly talk to be coming out of Northern Kentucky, but the kid's 6-7 -- and probably not done growing -- with a 7-foot wingspan. So, yeah.

 

I agree with this top 5, maybe R. Johnson and Guyn are tied for 2.

Vance Hall from Franklin County is a very good junior. He has the athleticism to get to the rim and finish, but can hit the three. Also, you play hard on defense at Franklin County or you sit down.

Tate Cox from Knott County Central is a nice player also...

Who are the juniors having outstanding seasons? Mr. Basketball candidates for next year?

 

Euton - Scott Co.

Jackson - Scott Co.

Watts- McCreary Central

Josh Whitaker - Hazard

Elijah Justice - Shelby Valley

Cosby - J-town

Pittman - Holmes (I think one of the other Holmes kids is a junior too)

 

others?

 

I don't know if that is a list with the best being on top? if so Euton is below all of them, and ricardo johnson.

I don't know if that is a list with the best being on top? if so Euton is below all of them, and ricardo johnson.

 

I think the SC- Holmes game proved that R. Johnson and Pittman were by far the better duo when compared to Euton/Jackson.

 

Rico is the best ALL AROUND junior in the state. He has size, athleticism and can play all 5 positions on the floor.

 

Pittman has the most talent and upside in the state for his class because at 6'7 he can play inside or out and is a freak of an athlete.

 

Again, this is coming from scouts who have recruited KY and Greater Cincinnati over the past 25-30 years that I'm friends with...not just a personal opinion of mine.

 

I'd also add Jeremiah Johnson of Holmes as a top 10-15 junior in KY as well. He is very much like Ricardo only not as good at handling the ball.

I just don't see what everyone sees in Euton. Could be another Jared Carter.

I think the SC- Holmes game proved that R. Johnson and Pittman were by far the better duo when compared to Euton/Jackson.

 

Rico is the best ALL AROUND junior in the state. He has size, athleticism and can play all 5 positions on the floor.

 

Pittman has the most talent and upside in the state for his class because at 6'7 he can play inside or out and is a freak of an athlete.

 

Again, this is coming from scouts who have recruited KY and Greater Cincinnati over the past 25-30 years that I'm friends with...not just a personal opinion of mine.

 

I'd also add Jeremiah Johnson of Holmes as a top 10-15 junior in KY as well. He is very much like Ricardo only not as good at handling the ball.

 

I think Pittman outplayed Euton in the head to head matchup. At the same time I believe Jackson got more done than R. Johnson if you look at it more individually. All 4 guy are D-1 payers. Anyways I actually agree with your top 5 as far as the players in it, but not so sure on the order.

I thought Watts had a really good showing in the Republic Bank Classic @ LC. It's hard not to get overlooked in the area he plays in...

I just don't see what everyone sees in Euton. Could be another Jared Carter.

 

I think it was a huge mistake for Billy G to offer this kid when he did. I have seen the kid play a few times and he looks like a low mid-major or DII player to me. I hope he improves over the next year or he could be another Jared Carter..Lets hope not..:scared:

I think Pittman outplayed Euton in the head to head matchup. At the same time I believe Jackson got more done than R. Johnson if you look at it more individually. All 4 guy are D-1 payers. Anyways I actually agree with your top 5 as far as the players in it, but not so sure on the order.

 

What would your order be? My order is coming from scouts...not just a personal opinion of mine. I'd still rank Pittman as the best junior though. And have Rico and Guyn probably tied for second but give Rico the slight advantage since he can play all 5 positions whereas Guyn can probably only play the 1 or 2..possibly 3 against a smaller team.

 

Not sure I'd say Jackson got more done individually either:

 

R. Johnson: 10 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists

C. Jackson: 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists

 

A case could be made that JJ got more done individually than Jackson as well:

 

J. Johnson: 12 points, 6 rebounds

C. Jackson: 10 points, 4 rebounds

 

No doubt all 4 are D1 caliber but Pittman was clearly the best player on the floor.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.