Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY's Best Juniors???

Featured Replies

I think it was a huge mistake for Billy G to offer this kid when he did. I have seen the kid play a few times and he looks like a low mid-major or DII player to me. I hope he improves over the next year or he could be another Jared Carter..Lets hope not..:scared:

 

Lets at least let him play a game at UK before we decide if it was a mistake or not.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Watts had a really good showing in the Republic Bank Classic @ LC. It's hard not to get overlooked in the area he plays in...

 

I agree. With no doubt, Watts is the best scorer out of the junior class.

What would your order be? My order is coming from scouts...not just a personal opinion of mine. I'd still rank Pittman as the best junior though. And have Rico and Guyn probably tied for second but give Rico the slight advantage since he can play all 5 positions whereas Guyn can probably only play the 1 or 2..possibly 3 against a smaller team.

 

Not sure I'd say Jackson got more done individually either:

 

R. Johnson: 10 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists

C. Jackson: 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists

 

A case could be made that JJ got more done individually than Jackson as well:

 

J. Johnson: 12 points, 6 rebounds

C. Jackson: 10 points, 4 rebounds

 

No doubt all 4 are D1 caliber but Pittman was clearly the best player on the floor.

 

I didn't really no the numbers, but Ricardo Johnson seemed to not get much done (and in his defense players around him were playing very good). Also towards the end when Scott Co. made a run I thought Ricardo had 3 or 4 tos. Anyways I am not sure how I would rank them. I would probably have Guyn ahead of Johnson. But that being said its so hard to seperate them right now. I have my reservations about all of them, but like all their potential. The junior class is loaded actually!

I didn't really no the numbers, but Ricardo Johnson seemed to not get much done (and in his defense players around him were playing very good). Also towards the end when Scott Co. made a run I thought Ricardo had 3 or 4 tos. Anyways I am not sure how I would rank them. I would probably have Guyn ahead of Johnson. But that being said its so hard to seperate them right now. I have my reservations about all of them, but like all their potential. The junior class is loaded actually!

 

Which is all that matters my friend. :thumb:

Lets at least let him play a game at UK before we decide if it was a mistake or not.

 

Seeing him play, and being a Louisville fan, I hope he gets all kinds of time.:D

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I just don't see what everyone sees in Euton. Could be another Jared Carter.

 

I have to say I was not that impressed with Euton. I think he could be a good player at a mid major but he wont see the floor at UK. When I saw him play I couldn't believe he was offered by Gillespie.

 

I agree with most of the posts, but I think Vance Hall is grossly overlooked, as well as everyone else on Franklin county. Franklin County's scoring is so spread out that not many people notice how good the individuals on their team are.

Tate Cox - Knott Central

 

Corey Martin - Hazard

I have to say I was not that impressed with Euton. I think he could be a good player at a mid major but he wont see the floor at UK. When I saw him play I couldn't believe he was offered by Gillespie.

 

I agree with most of the posts, but I think Vance Hall is grossly overlooked, as well as everyone else on Franklin county. Franklin County's scoring is so spread out that not many people notice how good the individuals on their team are.

 

We'll get a chance to see how good Hall is tomorrow night against Holmes. I'm really looking forward to seeing FC.

J. Johnson is improving greatly as the season goes on. I would have Pittman at 1 Guyn at 2 and Ricardo at 3.

J. Johnson is improving greatly as the season goes on. I would have Pittman at 1 Guyn at 2 and Ricardo at 3.

 

Guyn is probably a better scorer but Ricardo has the better OVERALL game that college scouts look at.

 

I agree that JJ is improving and getting better. Don't be surprised to see him receive some small offers by the beginning of next season.........

I just don't see what everyone sees in Euton. Could be another Jared Carter.

 

 

My thoughts exactly !

Guyn is probably a better scorer but Ricardo has the better OVERALL game that college scouts look at.

 

I agree that JJ is improving and getting better. Don't be surprised to see him receive some small offers by the beginning of next season.........

 

The only advantage Ricardo Johnson has on Guyn is height really. There is just so many good players in this class. Delquan Thomas from Louisville Eastern and Ian Chiles from Ballard are both very good as well. Donovan Gibbs is a very nice player too.

The only advantage Ricardo Johnson has on Guyn is height really. There is just so many good players in this class. Delquan Thomas from Louisville Eastern and Ian Chiles from Ballard are both very good as well. Donovan Gibbs is a very nice player too.

 

Rico has the height over Guyn, but what can Guyn do better than Rico? If it were me i would rather have a 6'5 guard than a 6'2 guard if they have close to the same skills! Just my opinion!

Rico has the height over Guyn, but what can Guyn do better than Rico? If it were me i would rather have a 6'5 guard than a 6'2 guard if they have close to the same skills! Just my opinion!

 

Guyn is much quicker and faster and is a better shooter from what I have seen. Both are great players and IMO will end up being big time D-1 guys.

I think it was a huge mistake for Billy G to offer this kid when he did. I have seen the kid play a few times and he looks like a low mid-major or DII player to me. I hope he improves over the next year or he could be another Jared Carter..Lets hope not..:scared:

 

I think it is the Chris Lofton rule. After we let Lofton slip through the cracks, and burn us for four years, there is a lot of pressure on the coach of Kentucky to secure all of the in-state kids.

 

If Euton turns out to be a bust at UK, Coach G will catch flack. If he goes elsewhere and puts 20 on the Cats, Coach G will catch flack, as well.

 

What do you do?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.