From what I've seen my favorites are:

Elijiah Pittman-Holmes

Ricardo Johnson-Holmes

Matt St. John-South Laurel

G'Lawn Guyn-Scott Co

Chad Jackson-Scott Co

Josh Sewell-Trinity

Aaron Cosby-Jtown

Pretty good list. I was very impressed with Guyn against Holmes. That kid is a lot of fun to watch. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So maybe at the beginning of the year when Scott County wasn't meshing together

yet, Jackson didnt look as good as the two Holmes stars, but right now he looks like the best true point guard in the state. Also, he's an extremely versatile player , he can play the point , or go post a man up. He scores at will when he feels like since no one can really defend him and hes the most unselfish player on the team.

I'll eat my words if i'm wrong but Chad Jackson is gonna be the best college player out of this junior class. Who doesn't want a point guard as good and as smooth as this guy. His size and build is great for this position too. I guess only time will tell, but on a team loaded with talent, Chad Jackson has started rise above the rest of the team and he will be the key to Scott County's run at the state title.

His biggest weakness is shooting. And when you have bigger defenders that are just as quick as you, you can't always blow by them, thats where the jump shot comes in, and right now from what I seen, he lacks in that part of his game.

And what evidence do you have that would make you believe that is a false statement ?

Scott Co has a good coaching staff but they don't develop kids better than any other coaching staff in the state. See Jared Carter and Matt Hundley and how they fared in college.

More often than not, the "superstars" have already been developed before they arrive.....Hicks just gives them a better chance to win..:sssh:

There are A LOT of good coaches in the state with Dave Henley of Holmes being one of them. He has coached for two different division I programs. I'd say he knows a thing or two about developing his talent as well. Greg Rice of Holmes went from being kicked off Holmes' team his junior year to being pre season all american this year at the JUCO level.

Both Austin Hill and Arrez Henderson are also making big contributions for their college programs right now. That's a sign of a good coach in high school.

Scott Co has a good coaching staff but they don't develop kids better than any other coaching staff in the state. See Jared Carter and Matt Hundley and how they fared in college.

More often than not, the "superstars" have already been developed before they arrive.....Hicks just gives them a better chance to win..:sssh:

There are A LOT of good coaches in the state with Dave Henley of Holmes being one of them. He has coached for two different division I programs. I'd say he knows a thing or two about developing his talent as well. Greg Rice of Holmes went from being kicked off Holmes' team his junior year to being pre season all american this year at the JUCO level.

Both Austin Hill and Arrez Henderson are also making big contributions for their college programs right now. That's a sign of a good coach in high school.

Scott Hundley was the sixth man of the year in the SEC his senior year. There are very few coaches in the state that have put more players in college than Billy Hicks.

Scott Hundley was the sixth man of the year in the SEC his senior year. There are very few coaches in the state that have put more players in college than Billy Hicks.

I'm talking about the Matt Hundley...I think that's his name. The kid who was Mr. Basketball in I believe the 06/07 year when they won state.

How many of those players that Billy Hicks put in college were actually there in the SC system for all 4 years? There are 3 on this year's team that aren't even originally from SC so not sure how you can give Hicks credit for them when they had established themselves at different programs before coming to SC. Hicks just gave them a better chance at winning because of the other talent.

Hicks is indeed a good coach, but I just think it's a slap in the face to other coaches around the state to say he "develops kids better than anyone else in the state."

I'm talking about the Matt Hundley...I think that's his name. The kid who was Mr. Basketball in I believe the 06/07 year when they won state.

How many of those players that Billy Hicks put in college were actually there in the SC system for all 4 years? There are 3 on this year's team that aren't even originally from SC so not sure how you can give Hicks credit for them when they had established themselves at different programs before coming to SC. Hicks just gave them a better chance at winning because of the other talent.

Hicks is indeed a good coach, but I just think it's a slap in the face to other coaches around the state to say he "develops kids better than anyone else in the state."

We have had two Mr. Basketballs Rick Jones and Scott Hundley. Matt Walls my be who you are thinking about. He started several games last year for Marshall as a Freshman and now plays at Georgetown College. Scott County has had six kids transfer in that have played major minutes in Hicks 15 years at Scott Co. They are Rick Jones, Scott Hundley, Euton, Guyn, Jackson, and Flannery. They have had far more move out than move in.

We have had two Mr. Basketballs Rick Jones and Scott Hundley. Matt Walls my be who you are thinking about. He started several games last year for Marshall as a Freshman and now plays at Georgetown College. Scott County has had six kids transfer in that have played major minutes in Hicks 15 years at Scott Co. They are Rick Jones, Scott Hundley, Euton, Guyn, Jackson, and Flannery. They have had far more move out than move in.

Walls is who I was thinking about. Thanks.

Like I said, Hicks is a good coach. Just not sure how you can give him credit for putting all those kids in college when the two Mr. Basketballs were both transfers who had already established themselves at other programs before coming in and the same can be said about Guyn, Euton, Jackson, and Flannery.

Hicks does give all of those kids more opportunity to win though.

Walls is who I was thinking about. Thanks.

Like I said, Hicks is a good coach. Just not sure how you can give him credit for putting all those kids in college when the two Mr. Basketballs were both transfers who had already established themselves at other programs before coming in and the same can be said about Guyn, Euton, Jackson, and Flannery.

Hicks does give all of those kids more opportunity to win though.

Well, I tell you this, I grew up playing AAU with Matt Walls, and the kid couldn't shoot the ball all that well. Once he got to high school, he was one of the best shooters in the state. And the Jared Carter thing, he has had two or three separated shoulders and a coach that doesn't care about his development now. Can I ask a question real quick. Why do you think those kids come to Scott County ? There's a reason they didn't go to Holmes, Catholic, or any other school .... I'm just saying.

Well, I tell you this, I grew up playing AAU with Matt Walls, and the kid couldn't shoot the ball all that well. Once he got to high school, he was one of the best shooters in the state. And the Jared Carter thing, he has had two or three separated shoulders and a coach that doesn't care about his development now. Can I ask a question real quick. Why do you think those kids come to Scott County ? There's a reason they didn't go to Holmes, Catholic, or any other school .... I'm just saying.

I rather not comment on that..........:sssh:

I enjoy being a member of BGP. :thumb:

As far as top juniors....

From ESPN.com:

Elijah Pittman SF/PF (6-7, 190)

Junior, Covington, Ky./Holmes

Pittman is a long athlete who runs the floor very well. He prefers to play on the perimeter where he spots up on the 3-point line. Pittman can knock down the open 3 with time and space. His jumper is more of a set shot with a low release but his follow-through is excellent. He can also put the ball on the floor and take it to the basket. Pittman likes to attack along the baseline and from the high-post area. He can score on floaters in between defenders with great touch and concentration on the rim. He is a terrific shot-blocker on or away from the ball and has excellent timing. He is an excellent looking prospect with great upside.

Rest of PARAGRAPH:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3861179

You should read my statement again, I never said it was true, I never said it was false. I said it was a big statement.

If you watch Scott Co. teams over time its very impressive how skilled their players typically are. Usually they will put 5 players on th floor at a time that can handle the ball. Scott Co. does as good a job as anybody of developing player's skills. There are other coaches who do this well also.