Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AFC Divisional: San Diego @ Pittsburgh

Who wins? 35 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

He may, and Rivers will get up and take care of business. The dude played last year's playoffs with a torn ACL, I don't think he's too scared of the Steelers....

 

The only business I hope Rivers does is in his pants, when "the Silverback" is hot on his trail...

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like west coast teams traveling east. I don't like warm weather teams playing in cold, snowy and potentially sloppy conditions.

 

If San Diego is to win, its going to take another amazing performance from Darren Sproles and a monster effort from their defense because I don't see the Chargers putting a lot of points on the board. If the Chargers win, it will probably be a game much like the previous 11-10 matchup.

 

Just heard the forecast for Pittsburgh on SIRIUS NFL Radio...

 

Saturday: 3-5 inches of snow

Sunday: Cloudy, High 26 Degrees

I look for this to be a very good game for the Steelers and they move on to the AFC championship game.

 

Steelers 20-6

I don't like west coast teams traveling east. I don't like warm weather teams playing in cold, snowy and potentially sloppy conditions.

 

If San Diego is to win, its going to take another amazing performance from Darren Sproles and a monster effort from their defense because I don't see the Chargers putting a lot of points on the board. If the Chargers win, it will probably be a game much like the previous 11-10 matchup.

 

Just heard the forecast for Pittsburgh on SIRIUS NFL Radio...

 

Saturday: 3-5 inches of snow

Sunday: Cloudy, High 26 Degrees

 

Thats Steeler football weather! :ylsuper:

  • Author

The Chargers offensive line is much healthier in this game than when they played before. I think SD will be able to run it just enough to get some passes downfield.

The Chargers offensive line is much healthier in this game than when they played before. I think SD will be able to run it just enough to get some passes downfield.

 

Chargers against bad field and best defense... I don't see them running the ball effectively.

I don't like west coast teams traveling east. I don't like warm weather teams playing in cold, snowy and potentially sloppy conditions.

 

If San Diego is to win, its going to take another amazing performance from Darren Sproles and a monster effort from their defense because I don't see the Chargers putting a lot of points on the board. If the Chargers win, it will probably be a game much like the previous 11-10 matchup.

 

Just heard the forecast for Pittsburgh on SIRIUS NFL Radio...

 

Saturday: 3-5 inches of snow

Sunday: Cloudy, High 26 Degrees

 

Can I change my vote?:cool:

Interestingly, Mike Nolan was a guest on SIRIUS Radio and when the hosts (Schein and Riggins) brought up the point that the sloppy field would hurt Sproles ability to run the ball, Nolan had a different outlook. He said guys like Sproles who took short, choppy steps could actually benefit from sloppy conditions. His take was that long striding runners (like Brandon Jacobs) were more affected because the slick conditions come into play more when you get more weight and momentum planted on one leg.

 

Interesting take, I thought.

 

Last week, I didn't think LT's health would hurt the Chargers...and again this week, I don't think his absence will hurt at all. In fact, considering the way both he and Sproles have performed this year, I think it may help SD now that they're in a position where Sproles has to be the lead back and get the bulk of the touches. If the Chargers defense steps up and holds serve against the Steelers offense, this game could be decided by one or two big plays. LT is no longer a big play threat and Sproles is subject to rip one off at any point. More touches increases the chances of him busting one or two and depending on how the Chargers D performs, that could be enough. I think that's what has to happen for the Chargers to get the W.

 

My guess...

 

Pittsburgh 23, San Diego 10

Pitt 21

SD 17

 

Though I will be cheering for my Fantasy QB this year in Rivers.

  • Author

Last week I called Sproles as the dark-horse. This week, my choice for surprise Charger: Antonio Cromartie. Hasn't done a thing all year long, but a defensive TD tomorrow could propel the SuperChargers.

Last week I called Sproles as the dark-horse. This week, my choice for surprise Charger: Antonio Cromartie. Hasn't done a thing all year long, but a defensive TD tomorrow could propel the SuperChargers.

 

He's definitely been a bit disappointing. But, I think some of that can be attributed to the loss of Merriman and the lack of pressure...no secondary looks great when their team can't get pressure. The Chargers defense has improved in that area and I think Cromartie has a better chance to make something happen...he missed a pick against Indy...plus playing the Steelers who struggle with QB sacks, that may be their best chance.

I actually think the Chargers are better this season with Sproles getting the ball all the time. He is the biggest thread on the field if Rivers can open the defense up a little bit. I look for the Chargers to pull a big upset.

I actually think the Chargers are better this season with Sproles getting the ball all the time. He is the biggest thread on the field if Rivers can open the defense up a little bit. I look for the Chargers to pull a big upset.

 

JMO, but a Charger win wouldn't be that much of an upset.

JMO, but a Charger win wouldn't be that much of an upset.

 

Ah, that's how I feel too, but considering their record and playing on the road, it would have to be one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.